PDA

View Full Version : Has AS365N2 G-LCPL been damaged?

MrNosy2
22nd Dec 2022, 17:08
Can anyone confirm a rumour that AS Aerospace AS365N2 has been damage, reportedly 'while filming' (the new James Bond film?) When did it happen, any details of the circumstances.

MightyGem
22nd Dec 2022, 20:03
Is there a new Bond film being filmed? They haven't announced the new James Bond yet.

farsouth
22nd Dec 2022, 20:17
G-LCPL appeared in Bond film SPECTRE, released in 2015. In the story of that film it was “destroyed” (special effects).

helispotter
22nd Dec 2022, 22:27
I find helis.com is a useful source of information about movement of helicopters around the world. As for G-LCPL, the most recent entry dates back to Sept 2020 but it also mentions its use in filming for the Spectre movie in London during May 2015:

https://www.helis.com/database/cn/27218/

Evil Twin
23rd Dec 2022, 07:30
Is there a new Bond film being filmed? They haven't announced the new James Bond yet.

They haven't found a way of making one more woke and un-watchable than the last one yet!

ericferret
23rd Dec 2022, 11:42
They haven't found a way of making one more woke and un-watchable than the last one yet!

When Octopussy was filmed Bond Helicopters supplied a 365C. On arrival on location the crew introduced themselves to the director and crew.
Bond, Mike Bond, Bond, Geof Bond. This went down rather well.
The aircraft had Russian markings applied and on it's return trip they did a flyby at Alconbury.
Not sure what the U.S.A.F made of that.

QTG
23rd Dec 2022, 18:05
I think we should gloss over the fact that the engineers at Bourn managed to cover up the static vents with the with the big red star transfers!

ericferret
23rd Dec 2022, 18:29
I think we should gloss over the fact that the engineers at Bourn managed to cover up the static vents with the with the big red star transfers!

Another chapter to the tale or is that aft fuselage.