PDA

View Full Version : [EASA] SOLI and Examiners Certificates

nickler
5th Dec 2022, 07:36
Hello!

I might need to transfer my EASA licence to another EASA State. Is there any EU guidance material regarding the transfer of Examiners Authorisations or is it up to each and every single State to decide the conditions of the transfer? Haven't found any official answer so far, just a generic “it’s up to each NAA” but I am looking for a reference hopefully.
Many thanks.

gipsymagpie
5th Dec 2022, 22:53
Hello!

I might need to transfer my EASA licence to another EASA State. Is there any EU guidance material regarding the transfer of Examiners Authorisations or is it up to each and every single State to decide the conditions of the transfer? Haven't found any official answer so far, just a generic “it’s up to each NAA” but I am looking for a reference hopefully.
Many thanks.
Issuing examiner certificates is different to issuing any other licence, rating or instructor certificate in that the authority needs to accept that you are of the right "personality" and "character" and that you have the right background and experience (FCL.1010). Basically they do not have to accept that another authority accepted you (but they can if they want). The authority also has a responsibility under Part ARA to manage their oversight programme of which examiners are a part. If they don't "know" you through then some form of standardisation will probably be needed (which is exactly what I had to do to transfer to the Dutch authority).

That is I think the regulatory basis behind the acceptance or otherwise of examiners.