PDA

View Full Version : Low-cost airlines - no seatback pocket?

India Four Two
4th Dec 2022, 06:25
On Friday, I flew on Scoot (a Singapore Airlines subsidiary). Two firsts for me - the airline and an A320 Neo.

I was surprised to discover that there was no seatback pocket at knee level - just a small hard-plastic pocket above the tray for the safety card and the menu. Is this a trend among the low-cost airlines?

N707ZS
4th Dec 2022, 06:40
Ryanair just have seat back stickers for the safety and menu cards. I don't know where the sick bags live.

dixi188
4th Dec 2022, 15:55
The Locos have been like that for quite a while. I remember MO'L of Ryanair saying that doing away with tables, pockets, window blinds, seat recline, carpets, etc would save a fortune in cleaning and maintenance costs.

DaveReidUK
4th Dec 2022, 16:00
The Locos have been like that for quite a while. I remember MO'L of Ryanair saying that doing away with tables, pockets, window blinds, seat recline, carpets, etc would save a fortune in cleaning and maintenance costs.

Didn't he propose at one stage doing away with seats completely ?

Jackjones1
4th Dec 2022, 17:18
I remember a modification removing all the footrests off the jumbos of a large British airline & these were quite heavy so in the long run there would have been a saving in maintenance & fuel but of course everyone then rested their feet in the seat pockets & the breakages there!!

MechEngr
4th Dec 2022, 18:23
Ryanair just have seat back stickers for the safety and menu cards. I don't know where the sick bags live.

Hard plastic is easily hosed down.

N707ZS
4th Dec 2022, 22:16
Once filled four sick bags on a return from Alicante on that basis they would have had to hose the plane.

India Four Two
6th Dec 2022, 04:13
I've just made my return trip on Scoot, on yet another new type for me - the A321ceo. I had never heard of it and initially I thought there was a typo on the Safety Card!

This aircraft did have seatback pockets!