PDA

View Full Version : CAA PPL Course during winter

kieranhood
2nd Dec 2022, 13:16
Hey guys,

Long time lurker here. I've finially decided to take my PPL and have some free time over the winter so I was hoping to take an accelerated course to get it completed in a few months. With the weather in the UK not being particularly conducive to regular flying I imagine it would take a lot longer than a few months to get the flight time together. With this in mind I was hoping to get some recommendations for flight schools outside the UK to do the training.

Are there any flight schools in Europe that would issue an CAA PPL? I am also considering this as a possible first step towards a career change, and may progress onto a CPL etc. If I took this route I would like to be licensed by both the CAA and EASA, for this would I have to be issued a PPL that is approved by both authorities?

Does anyone see any potential issues with this plan if I do decide to continue with the commercial licensing?

Appreciate any suggestions you may have!
Kieran

spitfirejock
10th Dec 2022, 21:08
Look on the UK CAA list of approved schools overseas. As far as I can make out the number has shrunk to just a couple of schools in Florida and one in California, I might be wrong!

Anyway, living in Florida I can tell you the weather is usually perfect during January - March, should be easy to obtain a PPL in a month. Perhaps take a look at www.wingsaa.com who seem to be the only ones offering modular UK PPL, L3 has CAA approval but I believe they are only interested in full commercial course?

SJ