PDA

View Full Version : Part Time CPL/IR training

ATIS31
2nd Dec 2022, 13:03
Hi All
Due to work commitments I would only be able to do ME / IR CPL training 4 days a week. Are there any schools doing training in the UK where this would be possible ? Is it possible to complete the training on a part time basis like this. Has anyone done this ?

Thanks in advance

rudestuff
2nd Dec 2022, 15:45
Don't they all do this?! If you're paying you choose when you fly.

Genghis the Engineer
2nd Dec 2022, 18:51
Pretty much any modular school I'd have thought.

A word of advice, as I did my CPL that way (albeit some years ago with a school since gone bust) if you're splitting your time, do the flying lessons in the morning, other stuff in the afternoon. I performed and learned much better when my brain wasn't full of work / shopping / whatever else I'd done earlier in the day.

G

ATIS31
2nd Dec 2022, 20:16
The few schools I've contacted that do modular have said they would like me to be available for the full duration of the course. ie available every day for the full 6 - 8 week course for the IR the same for the CPL. Maybe now the schools are busier they can afford to set the rules

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Dec 2022, 19:14
Contact some more, there will always be some that do what you want.

I'm upgrading my CRI to FI part time at the moment - the vast majority of schools would prefer me to be full time (and really weren't interested in showing flexibility involving the fact I've already been an instructor for 12 years), but I did find one that was prepared to offer the flexibility I needed to fit around my busy full time job. The same will apply to you I'm sure.

G