PDA

View Full Version : Big Airline Book

Token Bird
28th Aug 2002, 19:28
Dear Oh Wise Ones,

I hear there is such a thing as a big book that contains information about all airlines and is very useful for targetting CVs. All I know about this book is that it is available 'at Gatwick', whatever that means (a CAA publication?). Anyway, since I don't fancy a 12-hour drive to Gatwick and back on a potentially fruitless quest to find a mysterious book the name of which I don't know, I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about said book; title, author, publsiher, ISBN etc.,

Ta TB

monkeyboy
29th Aug 2002, 08:05
Failing that, Flight International normally does something very similar spread over three or four consequetive editions. I think it tends to come out around about now actually, so get spotting down at your local WHSmiths.

Carlito
29th Aug 2002, 08:27
That flight international series was a few months back. But they published the whole thing as a seperate book and I wrote off for it. It's very good, contact and fleet details of every airline ( not cargo) in the world.
I'm sure if you rang or wrote to Flight theyprob still have a few copies.
Carlito

luvly jubbly
29th Aug 2002, 08:53
Agreed. It's called the A-Z of World Airlines and it's part of Flight International. They sell the book version for about 20 quid.

Ads for it usually in the mag

V useful

LJ

Flypuppy
29th Aug 2002, 08:56
TB,

Flight International have a website you can order their products from. Flight International Products (http://www.flightinternational.com/fi_frameset.asp?target=fi_products/pr_list.asp)

There is the World Airlines Directory which is £20, but the book you may be thinking of is the Directory of British Aviation 2001/2002 which is £75

Mister Geezer
29th Aug 2002, 10:11
JP Airline fleets is about £35 and it has around 700 pages of nearly all the operators around the globe including airlines, air taxi and VIP outfits.

It is really made for the enthusiast since it has detailed info about fleets etc etc but it has all the contact info you would need including address, tel, fax, web and e-mail.

www.buchairshop.co.uk

MG

Token Bird
30th Aug 2002, 19:50
Thanks Mister Geezer - that sounds like it! I already have the relevant 3 issues of Flight Intl.

I wonder why the Directory of British Aviation is so much more expensive than the World Airlines Directory. Rip Off Britain perhaps?

Thanks chaps! ;)