PDA

View Full Version : ASRAAM / AIM 9X Pictures

Phox_3
28th Aug 2002, 18:12
I recently saw a couple of pics on crewroom walls and in a couple of magazines of an image taken by one of the new generation heatseekers (can't remeber which one) showing a Q-F4 about to get schwacked.

Could really do with a copy for a presentation I need to give. Now i need it I cant find a copy anywhere.

Searched in vain on the net last night and couln't find it. Wondered if anyone had seen it on the net and could give me a URL or even had it on thier PC and would be willing to e-mail to me.

Hope someone can help me more than out int shop - they said "whats ASRAAM?" - No kidding!!! - :confused:

Ta v much

Obviously only want unclass open source pics!

Edited to avoid a visit from the plods!

ORAC
28th Aug 2002, 20:05
Third Image down on the left:

Raytheon (http://www.raytheon.com/newsroom/gallery.htm)

Phox_3
28th Aug 2002, 20:17
Thanks mate, thats the fella...

ORAC
28th Aug 2002, 20:40
If you can get hold of a copy, Military Technology (Issue 7 - 2002) has an article on the market for 4th generation digfight missiles. It looks at the different capabilities and design requirements. e.g. The ASRAAM being designed to push the engagement envelope as out as possible, hence having 70% more thrust than the it's competitors, at the expense of not being as agile off the rail.

It looks at the AIM-9X; AIM-132 ASRAAM; IRIS-T; PYTHON 4; Vympel R-73 (A-11 Archer) and Denel V-3E A-Darter.

Poison Arrow
29th Aug 2002, 02:23
If you're a genuine military 'Fuel to noise conversion operative', from Blighty, get in touch with the AWC. Every QWI course does presentations on various bits of kit and they publish the CD (UK Res); even your friendly local QWI probably has one. Plagorism is a wonderful thing.
Or it that why you need a presentation then??eek:

Even the QWI mud movers cover ASRAAM. I guess its because they like to know how it will all end: on time, but dead as always.:p:

Bring it on.....

If you're not Brit mil, sorry can't help. But ASRAAM is bl00dy good I can tell you, BAe said so.

Phox_3
29th Aug 2002, 08:11
ORAC,

Thanks, already seen that article plus another in a similar vain here in a local publication.

Poison Arrow,

Yep Brit Mil here, but not currently in Blighty hence the lack of any useful local int. But thanks for the tips - anyway can't really pass any sensitive stuff to Johnny Foreigner you know!

ta