PDA

View Full Version : signing up for an ATPL theoretical course....scary

Mintflavour
28th Aug 2002, 17:27
Dear all

Im just about to make the big commitment and sign up with bristol for there ATPL distance course.

It is something Ive always wanted to do, and now at 27 Im doing it.

But now I come to do it, Ive become very scared about it all. Mind full of negative what ifs.

I shouldnt doubt my learning ability as I have aerospace HND and a degree in Mechanical engineering, but still think about what if I fail.

The money isnt a problem.
I know the job market is poor at the moment and that the hardest part of this career option is getting a job in the RHS at the end.

Is this scary feeling normal. did you feel the same when picking up the phone to sign on.

Please any advice and thoughts ASAP would be much appriciated

Cheers

Mint

expedite_climb
28th Aug 2002, 17:49
completely normal !!!

Nearly Man
28th Aug 2002, 17:51
Mintflavour

Bristol are really good, so you don't have to worry about that bit!
I did my distance learning with Oxford who are also really good.

Both their brushup courses are really fun to go on, you get a big pile of feedback to cart away and then you pass!

And myself, if I don't get a job within the first week after getting my IR I'm going to Bangkok and run a chickboy bar :eek:

Best of Luck

PFO
28th Aug 2002, 17:54
MintFlavour,

Above all else, pay using a credit card!

I did for PPSC and got a full refund when they went under.

Cheers

PFO

monkeyboy
28th Aug 2002, 22:13
Mintflavour, you'll love it when the folders and CD turn up! All those pretty pictures of a Medium Range Jet Transport (737 to you and me) You'll be raring to go!

Don't be anxious, be excited! :) :)

Capt BK
29th Aug 2002, 09:53
Perfectly normal, I felt the same. However, if you think thats a bad feeling wait until you've only got a couple of weeks to go til the brush up and exams (like I have) - im sh***ing myself!!!

Baldie Man
29th Aug 2002, 10:06
Some extra sensations in you trepidation glands will be experienced at this time.

Be a man and get stuck in. Wuss!!

BM.

Gin Slinger
29th Aug 2002, 10:26
Go pick a fight with a small man - senseless violence is a perfect cure for anything!

redsnail
29th Aug 2002, 10:29
Perfectly normal. Just acknowledge and go for it any way.
Good luck and work hard.