PDA

View Full Version : Emirates A380 DEC

migrant
24th Nov 2022, 08:08
Hi boys & girls,

Just saw a post for A380 DEC.

Apparently they ask for 3.000hrs command on A340/A350/A380 on the website.

How strict are they with this? I have almost 10.000hrs in Airbus, 4.000 of which are A330/A340 as FO. Currently flying A320 as a Cpt (+3.500hrs command).

Thank you all!

aussiefarmer
24th Nov 2022, 14:25
Hi boys & girls,

How strict are they with this? I have almost 10.000hrs in Airbus, 4.000 of which are A330/A340 as FO. Currently flying A320 as a Cpt (+3.500hrs command).

Thank you all!
Traditionally those requirements have been non-negotiable.

SOPS
24th Nov 2022, 16:09
Hi boys & girls,

Thank you all!

I would think .. sorry, you don’t have a chance. They are normally very fixed on the requirements.

WrldWide
24th Nov 2022, 20:23
Hi boys & girls,

Thank you all!
How good is your Hindi?

Shazeem
25th Nov 2022, 18:28
Is speaking Hindi a requirement?
It actually doesn't matter what language you speak because you are supposed to keep quiet and enjoy the ride.
Better try to relax, it is less painful. Or just use some lube. :ok:

​​​​

ratherbe
25th Nov 2022, 19:47
Accelerated command salary is about 10k and DEC 12k. Will salary grow when changing seat or do pilots have different salaries on same position?

nickler
25th Nov 2022, 20:54
Hi boys & girls,

Thank you all!

No WB command = RHS on the A380 and hopefully after 1 - 2 years you get involved in the upgrade process provided they like you and many other things. With your experience there’s plenty of decent gigs on the LHS.

Fkr45
25th Nov 2022, 23:41
No WB command = RHS on the A380 and hopefully after 1 - 2 years you get involved in the upgrade process provided they like you and many other things. With your experience there’s plenty of decent gigs on the LHS.
Why did they cancel the A330 experience ? It’s a Medium Body ?

burnable gomi
28th Nov 2022, 02:30
The EK website says AED43,650 for 85 hours. What's the breakdown of basic and hourly flight pay?

Kennytheking
28th Nov 2022, 03:48
The EK website says AED43,650 for 85 hours. What's the breakdown of basic and hourly flight pay?

Flight pay is about 78 Dhs per hour. From that you can calculate the rest.

flyTheBigFatLady
28th Nov 2022, 03:56
roughly
FO

25900 basic
5000 flight pay
12000 housing allowance , which only receive if you buy a property. In company accommodation you won’t
bottom Linie First year FO take home is around 31000 to 33000

captainhan
28th Nov 2022, 07:16
Anyone know how long the upgrade process is at Emirates? I've heard it's about a minimum wait if 8 years ++ before you can think about sitting in the left seat.

Emma Royds
28th Nov 2022, 07:45
The process as in the command course is 2-3 months. As for the length of time to wait for the process to begin, one joining now should be prepared to sit in the RHS for a number of years. Despite plenty of new aircraft on order, a number appear to be replacements for older types which mean that commands will be based more on attrition rather than expansion.

BigGeordie
28th Nov 2022, 11:59
With DECs back on the scene and very little expansion in the near/medium future I'd have thought 8 years was optimistic.

nimrodjoe
28th Nov 2022, 16:52
With DECs back on the scene and very little expansion in the near/medium future I'd have thought 8 years was optimistic.

Why are all these losers joining ek… ah he’s cause they can’t get in proper carriers back home!

donpizmeov
29th Nov 2022, 10:39
Why are all these losers joining ek… ah he’s cause they can’t get in proper carriers back home!

Ironical that you don't see your statement applying to yourself.

nimrodjoe
29th Nov 2022, 20:02
Name me a proper airline taking DECs….????

The Turtle
30th Nov 2022, 05:43
Name me a proper airline taking DECs….????

UPS hires DECs. They're called FQLs

McToryMug
30th Nov 2022, 08:54
Do not apply to EK as DEC

flyTheBigFatLady
30th Nov 2022, 10:58
Do not apply to EK as DEC

EK let go so many FO who where in short reach of a command upgrade - didn’t call them back - and now they are hiring DEC - I love this outfit

nimrodjoe
30th Nov 2022, 11:25
EK let go so many FO who where in short reach of a command upgrade - didn’t call them back - and now they are hiring DEC - I love this outfit

Yes and Brian got a 2.9 million dirham bonus for his handling of the pandemic!

WrldWide
30th Nov 2022, 12:23
UPS hires DECs. They're called FQLs
Ups is a trucking company that happens to have airplanes

radlettrejoin
30th Nov 2022, 13:40

1,933 dirhams for each of the 1,500 Captains and F/0s who lost their jobs at EK.

flyTheBigFatLady
30th Nov 2022, 15:45

i Hope he his proud of himself - also hope for karma.

all this well educated managers are missing on thing
getting ride of a pilot costed 3 full month salary plus the container (=1 month)
hiring an training costs 2-3 month

so a total of 6-7 month full pay salary

that amount could have kept the individual between 18-26 month on reduced salary in the company having done something good for the employees - but not EK
bonuses for destroying careers, life’s, entire existence - well done EK

SOPS
30th Nov 2022, 15:47

Please tell me you made the that up. ☹️

5star
1st Dec 2022, 05:09
Please tell me this is fake news.
The cxnt who screwed over senior CAs and FOs so his own EZ mates could stay, now got a bonus on top? This can‘t be… Anyone who can confirm this?
I can‘t believe I just read this….

PPRuNeUser0216
1st Dec 2022, 07:59
I heard 2,900,000AED from a very close source. The one off remuneration was given in exchange for his services in the 18 months period across 2020-2021 and to keep him quiet about the career terminating decisions made over this time.

I wouldn't like too know how much he would get if he actually did a good job. Often think of some of the china flight volunteers in feb 2020 who got the boot and didn't get asked back!

flyTheBigFatLady
1st Dec 2022, 10:52
I heard 2,900,000AED from a very close source. The one off remuneration was given in exchange for his services in the 18 months period across 2020-2021 and to keep him quiet about the career terminating decisions made over this time.

I wouldn't like too know how much he would get if he actually did a good job. Often think of some of the china flight volunteers in feb 2020 who got the boot and didn't get asked back!

on that Basis it would be interesting what
AAR, CP-A, CP-b cashed in to keep quiet

radlettrejoin
1st Dec 2022, 11:34
The British abroad.

They use unethical employment methods on a scale they could not get away with at home - EZY in this person's case - then take a reward.

Emirates was built by these people.

McToryMug
1st Dec 2022, 12:27
The British abroad.

They use unethical employment methods on a scale they could not get away with at home - EZY in this person's case - then take a reward.

how the hell did Brian get a bonus for his part in the pandemic??????

flyTheBigFatLady
1st Dec 2022, 16:20
how the hell did Brian get a bonus for his part in the pandemic??????

what a disgusting announcement if true!
Those have let go, most didn’t know how to survive, some not even where to go, yet struggling to provide a roof or food. Not to speak about the ruined careers. Reduced salaries and unpaid leave, etc.

and they kept lying until the individual received the email showing the door.

and the managers pocket bonuses
🤮🤮

SOPS
1st Dec 2022, 21:55
The British abroad.

I need the like button.

Pif Paf
3rd Dec 2022, 07:19
Just wonder why he gets his “bonus” early? EK keep these things secret until the last minute, hence all the galley gossip about bonuses all those years ago. So has he actually got it or is this what he think he’s getting it?

HOWEVER just the idea of him getting such a large bonus makes my blood boil!

on the same tack, if he gets so much then how much are we going got get as a bonus?

PS EK still owe us salary taken in 2020!

BigGeordie
3rd Dec 2022, 12:09
Just wonder why he gets his “bonus” early? EK keep these things secret until the last minute, hence all the galley gossip about bonuses all those years ago. So has he actually got it or is this what he think he’s getting it?

on the same tack, if he gets so much then how much are we going got get as a bonus?

Management get a bonus, we get profit share. It has happened before that management get big bonuses while we get nothing. No doubt it will also happen again.

flyTheBigFatLady
4th Dec 2022, 05:45
Management get a bonus, we get profit share. It has happened before that management get big bonuses while we get nothing. No doubt it will also happen again.

happened before yes - before it showed the value of employees - was it a big deal yes and no.
now hearing of bonuses to managers in times like CoV is only disgusting. As said before while people suffer, 3rd floor starts smiling over their luck and laughing over the rest of staff.
being a little unable to write what I think - not even here.

donpizmeov
4th Dec 2022, 08:57

it would seem the bonus rumour is BS. From a pretty good source.

SOPS
4th Dec 2022, 10:47
it would seem the bonus rumour is BS. From a pretty good source.

And Don would know.. he had great contacts.

nimrodjoe
5th Dec 2022, 07:58
Can expect Brian to turn up to eghq in a new g wagon then! 🤣

McToryMug
11th Dec 2022, 06:04
Brian got money for turning a blind eye to the redundancies which he initially raised concerns of , corruption at its best. He has accepted a deal to replace many of those redundant guys with EZY plebs from summer 23 (which involves a little backhander!!!!) its funny how these people will tread on anybody for money!

flyTheBigFatLady
11th Dec 2022, 06:58
Brian got money for turning a blind eye to the redundancies which he initially raised concerns of , corruption at its best. He has accepted a deal to replace many of those redundant guys with EZY plebs from summer 23 (which involves a little backhander!!!!) its funny how these people will tread on anybody for money!

EZY guys will come sooner, as EZY is closing a base in Germany

nimrodjoe
11th Dec 2022, 19:21

Talking about secondment I think

expat400
11th Dec 2022, 20:24
Any idea why they don't include hours on A330? Same rating as A350 (EASA) and basically the same aircraft as A340.

bored
12th Dec 2022, 05:45
I'm sure 330 time would count....a rating one allows you to fly the other with a CCQ differences course.

nimrodjoe
12th Dec 2022, 05:50
Why are the standards of those joining so so poor these days. Absolutely Shocking how far ek pilot standard has fallen.

flyTheBigFatLady
12th Dec 2022, 20:02
Why are the standards of those joining so so poor these days. Absolutely Shocking how far ek pilot standard has fallen.

because EK managers are too arrogant to apologize and take those redundants back without having stupid regulations.
you can’t find 380 commanders out there, because most companies are bringing them back, so no need for a change. EK had all those 380 commanders but not taking them back. EK reputation is not good enough anymore to attract some 330/340 pilots with descent jobs where the live at home.
Only those from doggy contractor jobs are applying.
Most pilots on 350 work in solid companies so why should they go to the desert?

the real good ones have been let go, others never had the luck of getting proper high quality training and education are now lining up to get out of crab LCC jobs, with minimum and no experience. FO with long EK experience have also let got and not returning, mostly because they didn’t get an invitation, rather being replaced by new ones.
This is like building up the fleet of airbus completely new, with new pilots. Overall experience has for sure drop significantly on that fleet.
What do expect?
long time ago 7000 total and between 2500 and 4000 jet had been required for FO.
Today 1500 is enough to land that gig.

There is a large difference in experience- not they can’t learn it but it needs time. 15hr flying straight isn’t exactly learning something and building experience.

McToryMug
13th Dec 2022, 05:21
DECs usually end up back in the right seat in EK at some point. They are always treated as lessers by the company and their peers, I call them captains with a little c- high staff numbers and often temporarily to fill a problem within the company and upsetting all the FOs along the way.

they often aren't good enough to be EK skippers , been many poor ones over the years, Brian actually said this recently stating they 'had had the issues' Whens that tit leaving ?

BigGeordie
13th Dec 2022, 10:06
It will take years to build up the experience levels on the 380 back up to where they were in 2019 before it was all thrown away. Typical rosters inlcude 2 ULR trips and 2 or 3 to Europe or Asia, so 3 or 4 landings a month - in the last 2 months I've had 6 landings (and no leave or sims in that time, just line flying). If you are coming from a 320 operator with a couple of thousand hours it will take a long time to be "experienced" on the 380 at that rate.

flyTheBigFatLady
13th Dec 2022, 14:49
It will take years to build up the experience levels on the 380 back up to where they were in 2019 before it was all thrown away. Typical rosters inlcude 2 ULR trips and 2 or 3 to Europe or Asia, so 3 or 4 landings a month - in the last 2 months I've had 6 landings (and no leave or sims in that time, just line flying). If you are coming from a 320 operator with a couple of thousand hours it will take a long time to be "experienced" on the 380 at that rate.

this well my opinion too.
apparently is it not the general EK opinion as they let go all that experience and now taking DEC. on the other hand complaining about having issues with narrow body DEC sounds awkward as they won’t admit having made a mistake.
so taking DEC and complaining is better than loosing the face, and correct the failure. Funny they try to teach aviators to learn from their mistake - what’s about the management are they learning from mistakes?

TheAirMission
13th Dec 2022, 17:20

Closing? They've downsized three times, but no mention of complete closure. Source?

flyTheBigFatLady
14th Dec 2022, 06:34
Closing? They've downsized three times, but no mention of complete closure. Source?
they did downsize - but deceived to pull out completely
effected employee

TheAirMission
14th Dec 2022, 19:02
they did downsize - but deceived to pull out completely
effected employee
as an affected employee from the first round I’ve seen nothing mentioning a complete base closure. Not sure where you’ve got that from

nimrodjoe
15th Dec 2022, 05:54
as an affected employee from the first round I’ve seen nothing mentioning a complete base closure. Not sure where you’ve got that from

it’s what they do to make them feel better about their lives in Dubai …lie

McToryMug
15th Dec 2022, 06:36
Brian managed to bag himself some great cars from his own redundant pilots at knocked down rates in the pandemic! - if you dont believe this sh!t you are very naive, these people have, no ethics.

box
15th Dec 2022, 17:52
it’s what they do to make them feel better about their lives in Dubai …lie
Funny, I usually read here about Emirates to make myself feel better about flying for Easyjet…in Berlin

nimrodjoe
15th Dec 2022, 18:50
Funny, I usually read here about Emirates to make myself feel better about flying for Easyjet…in Berlin

Germany or the Middle East … that’s a tough one ….

flyTheBigFatLady
16th Dec 2022, 09:18
Brian managed to bag himself some great cars from his own redundant pilots at knocked down rates in the pandemic! - if you dont believe this sh!t you are very naive, these people have, no ethics.

some of came with some sort of ethics but very quickly realize it’s better for your own not to have some, and start changing and getting into the flow.
some will remember Ch. Mueller. Or even brain came and wanted to change for better. There we are in todays reality.

BigGeordie
16th Dec 2022, 16:44
Everything changes and nothing changes.

nimrodjoe
16th Dec 2022, 18:54
Brian was buying up all the cheap gear in meydan that redundant pilots were selling , now he gets a huge bonus it’s just brilliant isn’t it

SOPS
16th Dec 2022, 23:10
some of came with some sort of ethics but very quickly realize it’s better for your own not to have some, and start changing and getting into the flow.
some will remember Ch. Mueller. Or even brain came and wanted to change for better. There we are in todays reality.

There will be people who remember when TCAS tried selling the old crates that the onboard wine came in to pilots. It’s a certain breed of humanity that inhabits the third floor.

Pif Paf
17th Dec 2022, 07:53
don’t forget the “steely wheely” swissgear copy / fake NAV bag we were all given! Until swissgear found out!
SVPs are special at EK!

flyTheBigFatLady
17th Dec 2022, 09:29
don’t forget the “steely wheely” swissgear copy / fake NAV bag we were all given! Until swissgear found out!
SVPs are special at EK!

not to mention the EFB Desaster

McToryMug
19th Dec 2022, 05:57
not to mention the EFB Desaster

Expo badge .... whole event was a flop

Why do they only pay labourers 5 dollars for a 12 hour shift and people find that acceptable? strange place

nimrodjoe
19th Dec 2022, 17:10
Expo badge .... whole event was a flop

Why do they only pay labourers 5 dollars for a 12 hour shift and people find that acceptable? strange place

They have great accommodation and perks habibi

WhatShortage
20th Dec 2022, 15:22
because EK managers are too arrogant to apologize and take those redundants back without having stupid regulations.
you can’t find 380 commanders out there, because most companies are bringing them back, so no need for a change. EK had all those 380 commanders but not taking them back. EK reputation is not good enough anymore to attract some 330/340 pilots with descent jobs where the live at home.
Only those from doggy contractor jobs are applying.
Most pilots on 350 work in solid companies so why should they go to the desert?

the real good ones have been let go, others never had the luck of getting proper high quality training and education are now lining up to get out of crab LCC jobs, with minimum and no experience. FO with long EK experience have also let got and not returning, mostly because they didn’t get an invitation, rather being replaced by new ones.
This is like building up the fleet of airbus completely new, with new pilots. Overall experience has for sure drop significantly on that fleet.
What do expect?
long time ago 7000 total and between 2500 and 4000 jet had been required for FO.
Today 1500 is enough to land that gig.

There is a large difference in experience- not they can’t learn it but it needs time. 15hr flying straight isn’t exactly learning something and building experience.
My friend, that 7000hours requirement was LOOOOOONG ago and when I say long i mean 2015 or 16 AT BEST. From that onwards, experience went down the pile as:
1. No one wanted to go there for obvious reasons ( prefer living their life rather than money )
2. There were enough pilots everywhere so they could ask for a type rating on the space shuttle if they wanted to

Dont put yourself on a pedestal, you're not a saint or anything.

McToryMug
20th Dec 2022, 18:02
My friend, that 7000hours requirement was LOOOOOONG ago and when I say long i mean 2015 or 16 AT BEST. From that onwards, experience went down the pile as:
1. No one wanted to go there for obvious reasons ( prefer living their life rather than money )
2. There were enough pilots everywhere so they could ask for a type rating on the space shuttle if they wanted to

Having been in EK many years, I am shocked at the 'potential' they attract now... the airline has literally turned into a flight school, scary for the passengers at back! Look at the teenager locals, flying a triple with a hand full of hours! no wonder there is so many issues on the line, read the ASRs, they are actually getting more and more ridiculous by the week! Training definitely relaxed since COVID in Emirates.

flyTheBigFatLady
20th Dec 2022, 22:09

obviously you have miss red the entire post
fact is that the requirements have significantly dropped. That a lot experienced guys have been sent out the door, from both seats. And fact is also that they are going to be replaced by guys who have not anywhere near the experience from those who have let go.
no I am not a saint, I have also not said that they can’t learn. The only thing I said is that the will have to learn to catch up what went out the door. And exactly this will take time, as we had to learn more or less depending on what kind of previous experience we had before.
properly you are one of those guys who count experience in hours, I don’t as 15 hours flying straight give you nothing except sitting there and watching the computer. I count experience in the amount of take off and landing Someone has done, and a guy who did 5000+ hours on a narrow body has definitively more experience than a guy with 1500 and now doing 10 flights a month with an average of 12 hours sector
time. again the 1500hr guy will get there, with time. And 2 flights are done as relief crew, not even doing a take off and landing.

That’s is what I said not more not less.
this is what I meant by building a complete new fleet from ground up, just not to realize a big mistake had been done by letting go all the experience they had already.

aviator2882
15th Jan 2023, 19:26
Hello Everyone.

I would like to know if EK is hiring FO’s now.
I had applied on their website six months ago but the application status still shows “Registration Under Review”

I have about 4200 hours total time.
2600 hours on Q400
1600 hours A320/321 (currently flying)