PDA

View Full Version : Ive Enroled - Opinions???

Piper Warrior Pilot
28th Aug 2002, 15:20
Ive just enroled at college today, and after months of deciding what to choose at A level in order to stand me in good staed for a career in aviation i decided upon:

Business and Economis
Mathematics
English Language
Physics

Do you think these a levels will give me a good chance at a career in aviation. I know good a level grades at any subject are acceptable but i really wanted to try to mould my education around aviation, even though these subjects would be good for other industries incase my aspirations didnt work out and ive got something to fall back on.

What do you think?

I SAW THE SUGABABES TODAY OUTSIDE VIRGIN ATLANTIC, THE NEW GIRL IS BEAUTIFULLLLL. JUST THOUGHT ID TELL YA

Jetdriver
29th Aug 2002, 03:10
I think you should save bandwidth by wrapping all these college questions into one neat posting and placing in it wannabees. Try and avoid multiple postings on the same subject on different forums.

Questions forum is primarilly for questions that are addressed to professional Pilots. Some latitude is available, however questions about your future career are better served in wannabees.

I am re-directing your posting there. good luck.

Nigey
29th Aug 2002, 06:41
You will find that professional pilots have very wide and varied backgrounds. Your maths and physics will help but I would say do what interests you. It's not like trying to get into vet school or anything. At the end of the day the most important thing will be whether you can pass a Class 1 medical, pass the ATPL theories, get all the relevent pieces of paper issued, get the hours in, and have a winning personality (i.e. one that gets you a job).

I did some physics and maths myself but followed the medical sciences route (my PhD is in immunology). None of this makes me a better pilot of course, but is hasn't held me back either.

Do what you like. Best of luck with everything

Hope this helps :)

Nige