PDA

View Full Version : RIP Frank Robinson

helicrazi
13th Nov 2022, 19:59
https://helihub.com/2022/11/13/frank-robinson-1930-2022/

Condolences to the family, he changed the industry.

tu154
13th Nov 2022, 20:43
He did. I wouldn’t be where I am without him.

CRAN
13th Nov 2022, 20:53
This is really sad news. Frank Robinson revolutionised the light helicopter industry and his company blossomed in a period when the rest of GA collapsed. A great engineer and brilliant businessman whose impact has been profound on the vast majority of those in the industry today.

My deepest sympathies go to Kurt, Terry and the rest of the Robinson family. They can all take comfort in the fact that is vision and legacy will long out live him.

May he rest in peace.

nomorehelosforme
13th Nov 2022, 21:00
Robinson Helicopter announcement.

https://robinsonheli.comHelicopter Pioneer Frank Robinson PassesTorrance, CA (13 November 2022) — On November 12, 2022 Robinson Helicopter Company bid a final farewell to its founder, Frank Robinson. Robinson, 92, passed away peacefully at his Rolling Hills, California home.

One of the most recognizable names in the helicopter industry, Frank Robinson was a pioneer, a man not driven by reward or accolades but by a vision that redefined the industry and forever changed general aviation.

Robinson will be remembered for the design and manufacture of the R22, R44, and R66 model helicopters. Known for their simplicity and reliability, the popular helicopters have a distinct profile and can be spotted easily and frequently all over the world.

Robinson’s fascination with helicopters began in 1939, at age nine, when he saw a picture in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer of Igor Sikorsky hovering his VS-300 helicopter, an image that captivated Robinson and set the course for his life’s work.

Ascend Charlie
13th Nov 2022, 23:04
I met Frank at Heli-Expo in Miami in 1993, he was happy to talk to a mug like me, and explain why the R-44 had such a high mast. (For increased CG)

Robbiee
14th Nov 2022, 15:11
If it weren't for Frank I'd of been flying an S300. Both my back, my wallet, and my sense of fun thank you Frank for inventing the R22.

R.I.P.

Old Farang
15th Nov 2022, 04:37
RIP Frank Robinson. I still vividly recall the day that I met you in your office, and how pleased you were to receive a photo of s/n 0137 R22 working in Australia.

Cylinder Head
18th Nov 2022, 13:54
Few individuals have had such a significant impact on the helicopter world. Frank's vision of a 2 seat personal helicopter allowed ordinary guys like me to afford learning to fly and enjoy an amazing career. Robinson Helicopters fill a key place in the market admirably and I will always be grateful to this insightful genius for what he made possible for civilian pilots.