PDA

View Full Version : Veterans’ Survey

ORAC
11th Nov 2022, 06:16
https://twitter.com/veteransgovuk/status/1590689479987191809?s=61&t=rcTtKkDp16sHVYVu9oWaZA

The first ever Veterans' Survey has been launched today.

Veterans' Affairs Minister @JohnnyMercerUK calls on ex-military personnel to fill in the survey, which takes less than 30 minutes.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/surveys/informationforhouseholdsandindividuals/householdandindividualsurveys/veteranssurvey

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
11th Nov 2022, 09:07
Thanks for the link. If it helps people get a better deal it's worth a few minutes.

NEO

ShyTorque
11th Nov 2022, 09:36
Seems to be more about discovering gender and so called equality than anything else.

NutLoose
11th Nov 2022, 09:38
Agreed. but done anyway

Cornish Jack
11th Nov 2022, 09:55
What's with this passion for :mad: surveys ?
Why can't people/authorities/ businesses/political Parties/ everyman and his dog just get on with making the decisions for which they are paid, without this constant nonsense ? Yet more bar charts/ Venn diagrams/graphs and percentages to bolster poor quality outcomes.
If it helps people get a better deal it's worth a few minutes.
Dream on, fellah ... dream on ! :suspect:

NutLoose
11th Nov 2022, 10:23
Won't it let you fill it in with your coloured pens? :p ;)

kriskross
11th Nov 2022, 10:30
If it helps me get more support in retirement and helps those even in a far worse state than myself, then so be it.

MPN11
11th Nov 2022, 10:50
Only for residents of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland ... dammit!

PPRuNeUser0211
11th Nov 2022, 10:57
Seems to be more about discovering gender and so called equality than anything else.
I mean, maybe 3 questions out of 20? Pretty exaggerated comment there.

I also reckon that, given the history of the UK mil, asking if someone perceives they were bullied in service (Deepcut as but 1 example) is a pretty valid question to help assess how it might impact their current circumstances.

ShyTorque
11th Nov 2022, 11:39
I mean, maybe 3 questions out of 20? Pretty exaggerated comment there.

I also reckon that, given the history of the UK mil, asking if someone perceives they were bullied in service (Deepcut as but 1 example) is a pretty valid question to help assess how it might impact their current circumstances.

Obviously you have no idea what my answers were but in my case those personal details had little relevance; same for the questions about skin colour, ethnic background and religion.

Ninthace
11th Nov 2022, 11:45
SOP for a survey of this nature and without asking the question, you do not know if there are any differences between genders, regions, sexual orientation, ages, incomes or anything else. I did not have an issue with it, If you did, there was a no reply option,

NutLoose
11th Nov 2022, 11:47
Maybe they are linked, bullying and ethnic background and sex of those bullied..

Robert Wyer
11th Nov 2022, 15:18
Seems like a Bolting Horse prevention exercise but if it helps identify the evil bullies who exist, are known about but seem to escape/get promoted and bring them to book then it is good.
While not having suffered any form of bullying but having seen the effects upon a close relative subjected to the attentions of a Lt Col with previous form then it is worth the effort.

ShyTorque
11th Nov 2022, 17:58
SOP for a survey of this nature and without asking the question, you do not know if there are any differences between genders, regions, sexual orientation, ages, incomes or anything else. I did not have an issue with it, If you did, there was a no reply option,

Yes, I can read! I did submit my answers but afterwards I couldn't help thinking what it was really all about.

meleagertoo
11th Nov 2022, 18:33
Yes, I can read! I did submit my answers but afterwards I couldn't help thinking what it was really all about.
Quite.
It felt like a wussy woke victim's incentive to me.
"Was I subjected to bullying" indeed! Every single parade training session, every gym session, every run, every exercise was "bullying" by modern drippy pansy standards. Heavens! Staff actually used to shout at us!
As for the anticipated gender-bender stuff. It simply wasn't permitted then and we had to assert that we weren't so inclined. So effectively it disn't exist. So how can I respond helpfully to such contentious and irrelevant questions?
Surely there are more important things they could be finding out - like what injuries/illnesses we caried out of our service and how it has affected us.
A commendable effort but severley flawed due to inappropriate and unnecessary woke angst while failing to address important aspects of veterans' matters.

luckyrat
11th Nov 2022, 19:31
I started filling it in, then decided against doing so when it mentioned it was being linked to my census return. All getting a bit to big brother for me!
As a PTI before my flying career, I must apologise to the likes of meleagertoo for shouting at them……Soz

Two's in
11th Nov 2022, 21:23
Well, whatever they want to know, it's nothing to do with anyone who no longer resides in Blighty. Blown out at the first question, talk about bullying and discrimination!

Downwind.Maddl-Land
12th Nov 2022, 09:16
Bullied? - never. Subject to 'counselling' and guidance on one's performance - delivered in a 'robust' way: several times. Especially as an A Plt Off/Plt Off! Taken in good faith and used to effect.

Ninthace
12th Nov 2022, 09:17
Bullied, yes by VSOs, who probably did not even realise it.

longer ron
12th Nov 2022, 09:20
Surveys - nope I never ever do them :)

brakedwell
12th Nov 2022, 17:52
I got half way through then packed it in. Too old, left too long ago and there seemed no relevence to me.

Lyneham Lad
12th Nov 2022, 18:25
Do you get entered into a prize draw for completing it?
(asking for a friend...)

Mickj3
13th Nov 2022, 06:28
I started filling it in, then decided against doing so when it mentioned it was being linked to my census return. All getting a bit to big brother for me!
As a PTI before my flying career, I must apologise to the likes of meleagertoo for shouting at them……Soz

Same reason as me, especially when it asked for my name. All very big brother.

Sloppy Link
13th Nov 2022, 07:02
Errm…you must have a different survey to me, it only asked me what country I lived in, nothing about background/gender/ethnicity etc.

radar101
13th Nov 2022, 17:47
Errm…you must have a different survey to me, it only asked me what country I lived in, nothing about background/gender/ethnicity etc.

Like Shy I had a few questions re gender / ethnicity - any study / survey has to have these today.

BATCO
13th Nov 2022, 18:30
Tried twice, bandwidth limits prevented me from completing it.

ShyTorque
13th Nov 2022, 19:54
Like Shy I had a few questions re gender / ethnicity - any study / survey has to have these today.

Definitely there in the survey I completed. I almost gave up at that point.

dctyke
13th Nov 2022, 19:55
Filled it all in for what it was worth. In the comments box at the end all I could write was “please find me a dentist”. Mine closed two years ago leaving over 3000 without one. The county nhs who have responsibility admits it cannot find places for any of us.

Haraka
16th Nov 2022, 04:13
As a disenfranchised ex-Pat with a frozen UK National Pension ( still taxed at source in the UK) I of course have an opinion.
I was in the U.K for the first time in over decade last week. I felt a lot was good but the dead hand of remote administration was also evident
Ah Well!

Sloppy Link
16th Nov 2022, 06:50
Definitely there in the survey I completed. I almost gave up at that point.
I wonder if it’s because I ticked the relation in the Armed Forces box? I’ll have another go.

MATELO
16th Nov 2022, 09:32
Same reason as me, especially when it asked for my name. All very big brother.

Yeah same here. Seem to start off fine, that quickly turned into a Data Gathering exercise.