PDA

View Full Version : EASA theory to UK license

Alpha555
5th Nov 2022, 20:28
Hi all

firstly apologies if this questions has been asked before.

I have a British PPL and headed to Europe to complete my ATPL theory.
I want to get a UK CAA license

I completed my EASA ATPL theory in July 2020
From part FCL I have 36 months to complete my CPL ME/IR which gives me until July 2023.

However UK CAA announced that the license has to be issued before 31st December 2022 of which does this mean I no longer have until July 2023 to get my UK CPL ME/IR? If so it would mean I would need to do all 14 exams again under UK CAA (as it is near impossible for me to complete CPL ME/IR by December) - due to extenuating circumstances.

this would also mean UK CAA have disregarded the 36 month rule for completion of CPL ME/IR from date of ATPL theory completed.

I have emailed UK CAA but no response.

is there any way to convert just my EASA ATPL theory into a UK CAA ATPL theory?

The SEG2142 form is just for partially completed EASA Theory exams completed before the required date.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

djaustin
14th Nov 2022, 13:55
Hi all

firstly apologies if this questions has been asked before.

I have a British PPL and headed to Europe to complete my ATPL theory.
I want to get a UK CAA license

I completed my EASA ATPL theory in July 2020
From part FCL I have 36 months to complete my CPL ME/IR which gives me until July 2023.

However UK CAA announced that the license has to be issued before 31st December 2022 of which does this mean I no longer have until July 2023 to get my UK CPL ME/IR? If so it would mean I would need to do all 14 exams again under UK CAA (as it is near impossible for me to complete CPL ME/IR by December) - due to extenuating circumstances.

this would also mean UK CAA have disregarded the 36 month rule for completion of CPL ME/IR from date of ATPL theory completed.

I have emailed UK CAA but no response.

is there any way to convert just my EASA ATPL theory into a UK CAA ATPL theory?

The SEG2142 form is just for partially completed EASA Theory exams completed before the required date.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Son2 training at FTE sat both sets of exams (28 in total) because of this. He's also planning to complete both EASA and CAA at the same time with CPL and IR done in Spain and again over in the UK. Chase the CAA, they've been terrible for communication in his position.