PDA

View Full Version : Saving Private Messages (not Ryan!)

cavuman1
2nd Nov 2022, 20:23
My private message inbox is, at 125 messages sent and received, inching toward the 150 maximum permitted. Is there a method by which I could archive these en masse rather than cutting and pasting each individual message?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

- Ed

MechEngr
2nd Nov 2022, 22:01
In the lower right corner of the message panel is a box that says "move to folder"; select that and there are several download options - CSV, text, and something else.

cavuman1
3rd Nov 2022, 15:09
Thank you for that excellent advice, MechEngr! I shall give it a go this evening,

- Ed

cavuman1
3rd Feb 2023, 15:22
Holy Thread Revival, Batman! Pursuant to relieving the bloat in my private messages, I created two new folders, Messages Sent and Messages Received. These folders are resident on the website's server. I exported the existing files into my new ones, but this did not reduce the counts in my sent and received folders. I guess I am being stubborn and/or stupid (my wife tells me so every day!), but all I'd like to do is to export my PPRuNe sent and received messages to an external word processor (Libre Office). Converting the files to text is not preferable since there is an overburden of information in that format. I welcome any suggestions, but will resort to cutting and pasting individual messages if that becomes necessary.

You have my thanks in advance!

- Ed

SLXOwft
27th Jun 2023, 12:31
cavuman1 In case you never sorted this out.

Go to the bottom right and you will see Download all Private Messages, click on the format of your choice (XML, CSV or Text) and a pop up will open and you can save the messages. You can then go to th etop right of the table of messages where it show Messages: NN click on the checkbox which will select all the messages and then go to the drop down at the bottom right - Selected Messages: Move to folder ... , click in the box and the list will open, delete is the second option.

cavuman1
27th Jun 2023, 14:34
Thank you for your excellent advice, SLXOwft! I finally figured out a workable methodology back in March, so I am good to go. I do appreciate your contribution and am certain it will assist other members.

- Ed