PDA

View Full Version : Solo Flight

long final
28th Aug 2002, 10:20
I am planning to do an FAA CPL with solo flight at Humberside. Seems ok to me so far, can anyone offer any opinions good or bad?

Regards,
LF

barnaby
28th Aug 2002, 11:53
I know soloflight very well but I am also unbiased. I fly an aircraft that they use and have used their services for check rides, etc. You will not go far wrong with them. Glen and Mel run the club very well and are superb characters. It's a small club but has a big feel to it if that makes sense! I've been up there many a time when there have been students around from all over the UK and Europe and none have shown any disatisfaction.

Sorry if my post doesn't flow very well but I'm suffering a mother of a hangover today.

Barnaby

:cool: :cool:

long final
28th Aug 2002, 12:05
Thanks Barnaby,

I get that impression, good to hear it from others also. Thanks for taking the time, considering your temporary health state :p

LF

barnaby
28th Aug 2002, 18:16
No worries Long Final. I'm feeling heaps better now thanks.

Barnaby

Wireless
28th Aug 2002, 18:45
Hey Long Final,

Are you doing the FAA CPL training and check ride with them? I know that they train for the IR and you can train for the ground exams but I didn't know they offer the CPL as well.

I am interested in doing the CPL in the UK myself.

Cheers, Bill

Capt BK
29th Aug 2002, 09:57
I've been with soloflight for two years now and did my UK PPL with them, no complaints.

Very friendly, and as already stated, small but well run.

Feel free to drop me an email if you want.

long final
30th Aug 2002, 09:01
Wireless, sorry for the delay. You can do the CPL with them (doing mine next month) They do the training there and fly the examiner in every few months to take the tests.

Hope this helps.

Regards
LF

Wireless
30th Aug 2002, 15:14
That's good. I'll give them a call.

Ta, Bill