PDA

View Full Version : CAA ATPL CREDITS

zero-lash valve lifter
3rd Dec 2001, 21:05
Having taken the CAA ATPL writtens in 1999 during an integrated 509 course I understood that they would remain valid for 7 years each time I renewed my instrument rating. I now discover (from a notable CFI) that the exams are valid for three years and that I will one of the following;

1/.Have to resit the exams this time JAA ATPL.

2/.Have to do a JAA CPL skill test and apply for a JAA CPL to keep the ATPL credits valid for the seven years.

3/.Have to apply for the JAA CPL only and pay what ever they deem necessary.

Wondering if anybody else had any thoughts. I think something similar was posted a while back but a definitive answer would be appreciated since the thought of another set of ATPL examinations is not particularly appealing.

Cheers. :(

F3
4th Dec 2001, 04:36
My understanding is that the ATPL credits remain in force for seven years each time you pass an IRT. The three year rule is associated with passing the initial IRT within three years of a pass or partial pass in the first set of ground exams (when attending an integrated course)
This old chestnut rears its head frequently on PPRuNe and I'm sure someone will post a link to the relavent official document concerning this.

RVR800
4th Dec 2001, 13:15
Dont panic..

Its a rolling 7 years and the CFI
is confusing the 36 month acceptance
which is relevant to INITIAL IRTs/GFTs
only.

Luke SkyToddler
4th Dec 2001, 15:37
Don't sweat it mate - your instructor is wrong and RVR800 is right ... you'll find the relevant reference from the CAA website HERE (http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/documents/srg_fcl_Cessation_UK_Prof_Licences.pdf)