PDA

View Full Version : Star Air/Maersk Air Cargo

Broomstick Flier
27th Oct 2022, 18:10
Hi,

Having made a forum-wide search with no results, launching a new thread regarding some questions about Star Air/Maersk Air Cargo. Any comments on the roster, lifestyle (day-offs), bases, T&C and the general atmosphere there?

Thanks in advance :ok:

BF

DKF1
27th Sep 2023, 14:31
The contract is really poor. They force rescheduling of your days off without any extra payment. Basically, you have no control over your days off; they can change it at the last minute without compensation. They position crew for 20-30 hours of duty in the flight deck on floppy seats, even if it’s a line check or training flight. It’s a non-commutable contract; hotel prices in BLL are really expensive. There is no transparency at all. They are trying to establish an ultra-low-cost cargo airline. The hotel quality is the lowest in the industry. Currently only flights to china with crew change and layover in Uzbekistan where healthcare is so poor so if someone have to do a small surgery they would probably die. They spend a dollar to save a penny. I would never recommend it to anyone.

CargoOne
9th Oct 2023, 13:13
The contract is really poor. They force rescheduling of your days off without any extra payment. Basically, you have no control over your days off; they can change it at the last minute without compensation. They position crew for 20-30 hours of duty in the flight deck on floppy seats, even if it’s a line check or training flight. It’s a non-commutable contract; hotel prices in BLL are really expensive. There is no transparency at all. They are trying to establish an ultra-low-cost cargo airline. The hotel quality is the lowest in the industry. Currently only flights to china with crew change and layover in Uzbekistan where healthcare is so poor so if someone have to do a small surgery they would probably die. They spend a dollar to save a penny. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of change - I recall Star Air was highly praised by crews for T&C. Or that change came with Maersk Air Cargo?