PDA

View Full Version : Just when I wanted to ID travel there...

anxiao
23rd Oct 2022, 13:32
From the CX staff travel site.

Update notice regarding flying on Aeroflot

Please take note of the following advisory from our ZED partner, Aeroflot (SU) has imposed travel suspension from 28 October 2022.

Due to coming SU migration process from PSS Sabre to Sirena. SU has imposed travel suspension to all employee travel from 28 October 2022.

You can also refer the latest update on restrictions on flyzed.info (http://www.flyzed.info/) before travel.

WTF?

Why did CX not bin SU from 24th February onwards? It took ICAO long enough to exclude SU, but a public company could and perhaps should have a higher and faster standard of ethics.

Wouldn't have happened under Jock Swire, grumble grumble, pontificate pontificate, modern youth etc etc...

Flex88
23rd Oct 2022, 14:27
From the CX staff travel site.

Update notice regarding flying on Aeroflot

WTF?

Why did CX not bin SU from 24th February onwards? It took ICAO long enough to exclude SU, but a public company could and perhaps should have a higher and faster standard of ethics.

Wouldn't have happened under Jock Swire, grumble grumble, pontificate pontificate, modern youth etc etc...

Jock is gone, woke Merlin was too busy with diversity and inclusion training to exclude Russian Thug airline.. Besides, Ruskyfobia is not a good look for an inclusive CX ???

smogluver
23rd Oct 2022, 18:20
Half the clowns currently flying CX s jets would have no idea what your talking about……. Brilliant

veryoldchinahand
24th Oct 2022, 04:57
smogluver
Why please do you find it necessary to describe fellow pilots as 'clowns' ?

Progress Wanchai
25th Oct 2022, 06:24
Half the clowns currently flying CX s jets would have no idea what your talking about……. Brilliant

Kindly add me to the list of clowns.

I’m a proud mercenary working for a company owned by Swire and a government to our north who persecutes its own citizens based on their ethnicity or political views. I don’t remember too much debate about continuing to operate into the U.S or UK following their illegal invasion of Iraq, or any ongoing issues in Tibet or Xinjiang.

I’d rather be a clown than a fake moral crusader appealing to the latest woke crowd.

AQIS Boigu
25th Oct 2022, 08:17
Still wondering where those WMD are?! 😀😞

Didn’t we fly the Mugabes to HKG a long time ago?

Hypocrites at their best - all of us

G Merch
25th Oct 2022, 08:29
If we wanted to use anxiao's version of "ethics" equally across the world, we wouldn't be flying anywhere.

Hugo Peroni the V
4th Nov 2022, 07:19
Coz they’re working for the most bizarre circus on earth 🤡

Acepilothk99
4th Nov 2022, 11:19
https://viewfromthewing.com/american-airlines-forced-to-stop-codesharing-with-cathay-pacific-between-new-york-and-hong-kong/

This happened after cathay resumed flights over Russian airspace

LapsedPPL
4th Nov 2022, 13:07
Interesting that currently only American East Coast flights are flying over the Soviet Union Russia, from a brief look at FR24. So Cathay deems that it's ok for those flights but not safe enough or politically ok for all their European flights.

What happens if there's a sudden need for a quick landing due to decompression/fuel leak/fire/medical? Would you want to land at a Russian airfield? Remember what happened in Belarus when a low-cost Ryanair flight was diverted by their ATC to Minsk so that they could snatch one of their ex-citizens on their wanted list? What happens if suddenly a couple of their fighter jets appear directing you to one of their military airports?

Rie
4th Nov 2022, 13:23
Remember what happened in Belarus when a low-cost Ryanair flight was diverted by their ATC to Minsk so that they could snatch one of their ex-citizens on their wanted list? What happens if suddenly a couple of their fighter jets appear directing you to one of their military airports?

I don't recall a time where Taiwanese citizens were dragged into China because of the overflights. I would assume the same with Russian flights. With China/HK aligned to Russia the only way someone would be diverted into the Gulag would be if they were a major known opponent to the regime. Not many of those would exist or even think of exisiting in HK anymore.

Personally, the overflight issue is not a problem coming from the States. Even to Europe will safe. Any airspace that is deemed near a conflict zone is avoided with a wider berth than the current routing over Georgia and the Black Sea.

smogluver
5th Nov 2022, 04:20
Trust me chum I am not a fake moral crusader and I could not give a **** what the youth of today think. You would be a “clown” to consider jumping on any Russian airliner flying western hardware at the moment. You work it out !!. Mercenery/ Clown honestly not much difference.

KABOY
5th Nov 2022, 21:41
The whole oneworld alliance ****show should be reviewing the CX routing now.Let the Swire management justify that.

They are winding the clock back on this airline, in conditions, politics and employee relations.

I hope the Swire princes change their passports, as they are breaking every western sanction there is.

The COO should change his passport, the HKSAR should work well for him.

deja vu
10th Nov 2022, 10:59
smogluver
Why please do you find it necessary to describe fellow pilots as 'clowns' ?
They're not even funny.