PDA

View Full Version : Who issues Class 1 Medical after SOLI

rjarea51
18th Oct 2022, 10:41
Hallo,
I SOLI my initial Class 1 Medical from BAZL (Swiss) to France. I received the following email

Bonjour,Nous avons bien reçu votre dossier de la part des autorités de la SUISSE.

Pouvez-vous m'indiquer au sein de quel centre vous souhaitez effectuer vos prochaines visites médicales afin que nous puissions leur communiquer une copie de votre dossier ?

Vous devrez également prendre contact avec le pôle licence de la DGAC (en copie du mail) afin de convertir votre licence actuellement en licence française.
Cordialement,
Auphélie PANCALDI Gestionnaire des dossiers médicaux

I now need to fill out the CPL checkride request form, but I don't have a copy of the medical (only from BAZL)
I know that some of the instructors in my club use the swiss Aeromedical Examiner (AME) https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/en/home/personal/civil-aviation-medical-service.html close to the French border.
Will the medical be issued by one of these (swiss) re-examiners similar to class 2 medical which as you know is issued right there and then or those it come from the DGAC or ....?

Thanks for your help.

rudestuff
18th Oct 2022, 20:03
You can get a medical from anywhere in EASA. Which is kind of the point of EASA of you think about it.

rjarea51
18th Oct 2022, 21:16
I appreciate your quick response. I have the BAZL Class 1 Medical.
In order to take the checkride I have to fill out this form https://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/sites/default/files/43FormExa.pdf
It is asking for "1 PHOTOCOPIE DU CERTIFICAT MEDICAL DE CLASSE 1 EN ETAT DE VALIDITÉ "
So the question
1: Do I send in my BAZL Medical or
2: Will I receive a new medical from the French authorities since I SOLIed and got a confirmation email? If so who will issue me the new Medical to include in the application.

ATC Watcher
6th Nov 2022, 06:35
You probably have got your response by now - but if your BAZL class 1 is a n EASA FCL One ( written om the bottom of the first page) it will recognized by the DGAC , if it says ICAO then not valid for CPL ,only recognized for PPL