PDA

View Full Version : Irish pilots in BA

Undercarraige
13th Mar 2001, 14:39
Guys, Just received my BA Sponsorhip form and am going to apply this week.
This may be a silly question but does anyone know if there are currently any pilots from the Rep of Ireland studying on this course at the moment. Being Irish, I have and having applied to various airlines in the past I feel that some airlines like to keep sponsorship positions for their own nationalities. This may of course be untrue but any info would be great.

Thanks.

Ferrari
14th Mar 2001, 20:47
I'm 25% Irish and I've passed by BA Final Board, if that's any help.

Sagey
14th Mar 2001, 21:18
Strictly speaking it is illegal to prefer home nationality, because you are an EU citizen.

Whether in practice I don't know, think u are in the same boat as us Brits applying for Aer Lingus, to be honest. You can only try and keep your fingers crossed.

Sagey

Oshkosh
14th Mar 2001, 22:28
There have been Irish, German and Swedish nationals on BA courses over the last year. As long as you have the unrestricted right to work in the UK (ie. are an EU citizen) then you're OK.

Sprawler
14th Mar 2001, 22:36
Heared an Irish pilot on a BA flight talking to Shanwick a few months back. He was having a great old chat with one of the lads in Shannon. He even threw in a "Dia dhuit" and a "Go raibh m'le maith agat"

Slán

Teroc
15th Mar 2001, 13:39
Sprawler,
An bhfuil me cad agam dul go
dti an leithreas? :)

[This message has been edited by Teroc (edited 15 March 2001).]

kopbhoy2
15th Mar 2001, 17:08
Teroc - N'l!! Suigh s'os, buchaill dána... ;)

Sprawler
15th Mar 2001, 18:45
Teroc,

My Irish isn't great, in fact its almost non existant apart from the few words above. But should that not read, "an bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas?" Drop the "me"

Now, write it again 100 times so you don't forget!!

Teroc
15th Mar 2001, 20:24
Youre right..Grammar was never my good
point..especially when under pressure :)

Kopbhoy,
Dun do bheal amadan :)

Capt Wannabe
15th Mar 2001, 23:11
I could introduce you to several British Citizens that are Aer Lingus cadets :)

------------------
CW

kopbhoy2
16th Mar 2001, 13:21
Teroc - non! ;)