page1image1460356576Ref: FOI2021/15734

J McDonnell (by e-mail)

[email protected]

Air Command Secretariat Spitfire Block
Headquarters Air Command Royal Air Force

High Wycombe Buckinghamshire HP14 4UE

21 January 2022

Dear J McDonnell,
Thank you for your e-mail of 29 December 2021 in which you requested the following information:

From which airbases in the U.K. are planes flying out of that are spraying the skies over the U.K. ?

Which of these airbases send out planes to spray over Wales?

What are they spraying AND why ?

What health risk assessments for humans have taken place on the contents of these sprays and ,when and where are these reports ?

What is the reason for this constant spraying ?

What approval from the general public do you have for spraying our skies in the U.K. ?

I am treating your correspondence as a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).

A search for the information has now been completed, and I can confirm that no information in scope of your request is held.

The Ministry of Defence (MOD) is not involved in releasing chemical spraying in our skies, no military aircraft are used for the purpose of releasing aerosols or chemicals into the atmosphere and no other bodies are conducting these activities on behalf of the MOD.

You may wish to be aware that the trails left behind MOD aircraft are harmless condensation trails (contrails) and are no different from the trails left behind commercial aircraft. Contrails form when the warm exhaust from the aircraft mixes with the cooler, drier, ambient air.

For further information on condensation trails please see the below link:

page1image1472787632Section 16(1) of the Act requires the public authority to provide advice and assistance wherever

page1image1447696912possible.

Contrails or condensation trails - Met Office

page1image1447750896If you have any queries regarding the content of this letter, please contact this office in the first instance.

If you are not satisfied with this response or wish to complain about any aspect of the handling of your request, then you should contact me in the first instance. If informal resolution is not possible and you are still dissatisfied then you may apply for an independent internal review by contacting the Information Rights Compliance Team, Ground Floor, MOD Main Building, Whitehall, SW1A 2HB (e-mail [email protected]). Please note that any request for an internal review must be made within 40 working days of the date on which the attempt to reach informal resolution has come to an end.

If you remain dissatisfied following an internal review, you may take your complaint to the Information Commissioner under the provisions of Section 50 of the Freedom of Information Act. Please note that the Information Commissioner will not normally investigate your case until the MOD internal process has been completed. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Further details of the role and powers of the Information Commissioner can be found on the Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/.

Yours sincerely,
Air Command Secretariat

artee
14th Oct 2022, 10:43
page1image1460356576Ref: FOI2021/15734

J McDonnell (by e-mail)

[email protected]

Air Command Secretariat Spitfire Block
Headquarters Air Command Royal Air Force

High Wycombe Buckinghamshire HP14 4UE

21 January 2022

Dear J McDonnell,
Thank you for your e-mail of 29 December 2021 in which you requested the following information:

From which airbases in the U.K. are planes flying out of that are spraying the skies over the U.K. ?

Which of these airbases send out planes to spray over Wales?

What are they spraying AND why ?

What health risk assessments for humans have taken place on the contents of these sprays and ,when and where are these reports ?

What is the reason for this constant spraying ?

What approval from the general public do you have for spraying our skies in the U.K. ?

I am treating your correspondence as a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).

A search for the information has now been completed, and I can confirm that no information in scope of your request is held.

The Ministry of Defence (MOD) is not involved in releasing chemical spraying in our skies, no military aircraft are used for the purpose of releasing aerosols or chemicals into the atmosphere and no other bodies are conducting these activities on behalf of the MOD.

You may wish to be aware that the trails left behind MOD aircraft are harmless condensation trails (contrails) and are no different from the trails left behind commercial aircraft. Contrails form when the warm exhaust from the aircraft mixes with the cooler, drier, ambient air.

For further information on condensation trails please see the below link:

page1image1472787632Section 16(1) of the Act requires the public authority to provide advice and assistance wherever

page1image1447696912possible.

Contrails or condensation trails - Met Office

page1image1447750896If you have any queries regarding the content of this letter, please contact this office in the first instance.

If you are not satisfied with this response or wish to complain about any aspect of the handling of your request, then you should contact me in the first instance. If informal resolution is not possible and you are still dissatisfied then you may apply for an independent internal review by contacting the Information Rights Compliance Team, Ground Floor, MOD Main Building, Whitehall, SW1A 2HB (e-mail [email protected]). Please note that any request for an internal review must be made within 40 working days of the date on which the attempt to reach informal resolution has come to an end.

If you remain dissatisfied following an internal review, you may take your complaint to the Information Commissioner under the provisions of Section 50 of the Freedom of Information Act. Please note that the Information Commissioner will not normally investigate your case until the MOD internal process has been completed. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Further details of the role and powers of the Information Commissioner can be found on the Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/.

Yours sincerely,
Air Command Secretariat

But they would say that, wouldn't they... :O

Ken Scott
14th Oct 2022, 11:43
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/450x600/0ce24d8b_3b2a_45c2_b16f_6864b88b6319_14f855703fbe9a2e4aeb0bc 3dc32eeb0f32f544a.jpeg
The truth is out there…

BEagle
14th Oct 2022, 13:15
Apart, that is, from the Red Arrows smoke dye?

pasta
14th Oct 2022, 13:24
That's only because Covid vaccines provide a cheaper and more reliable delivery system. Why else are we all being called up for boosters?

Asturias56
15th Oct 2022, 08:15
" Why else are we all being called up for boosters?"

because all the original microchips injected were made in China and they have to be replaced with ones from Bill gates

billblown
17th Oct 2022, 20:09
If you type "From synthetic life to engineering the climate – how we’re learning to manage the Earth" into a search engine you will see it links to the WEF (world economic forum, Klause Schwab and his UK government pals) They talk about modifying the weather.

You could also type in "RAF cloud seeding" and it brings up some interesting stuff from 1952.

langleybaston
17th Oct 2022, 21:22
I believe the Met Office conducted experiments in cloud seeding, and also [from memory] sponsored the use of inert chemicals as "tracers" of cloud and air movement, wind shear and CAT. I knew some of our officers involved, many of high grade and integrity.
The results of the early investigations, and an international collaboration a decade or two later, resulted in greatly increased insight. This in turn led to the advanced prediction models that we take for granted today.
In 41 years, in many postings, and after a slack handful of promotions, I never caught a whiff of any dubious activity. We were very earnest and dedicated and on a steep steep learning curve that has now almost plateaued ....... not much more refinement to ring out of Mother Nature.

billblown
18th Oct 2022, 09:44
Another interesting search type in "Aerial Spraying over Norfolk" and its the nr23 site.
There is also a lot about "Dimming the sun" (Bill gates and co, remember him?)
At what point do we start to wonder?

Asturias56
18th Oct 2022, 15:50
after about 5 pints in most peoples case.............

if you search the Internet you will find yourself in some very strange places - Mar a Largo for example

langleybaston
18th Oct 2022, 18:50
after about 5 pints in most peoples case.............

if you search the Internet you will find yourself in some very strange places - Mar a Largo for example

When did conspiracy stories become popular and widespread? I suspect the soshul meeja myself.

Which is not to disregard the undoubted fact that the earth is flat: Mercator got that right.

Yellow Sun
18th Oct 2022, 19:31
When did conspiracy stories become popular and widespread? I suspect the soshul meeja myself.

Which is not to disregard the undoubted fact that the earth is flat: Mercator got that right.

Not so much “when” but some insight into “why”:

Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition and Other Confusions Of Our Time by Michael Shermer

There’s nowt as queer as folk!

YS

1.3VStall
19th Oct 2022, 14:42
Many, many moons ago I was sat on the jump seat of a Timmy, which had established a towline over the North Sea. It was a particularly foul and windy November night and the scheduled receivers cancelled one by one (well, we all know fighter pilots will use any excuse to avoid flying in the inky poo!).

When the last cancellation came in the captain said "We can either stay up here until tomorrow morning, or dump 38 tonnes of Avtur and **** off home to Brize Norton". I couldn't possibly say what the captain's decision was but, if he had decided to dump the fuel, would that count as spraying a chemical?

dctyke
19th Oct 2022, 15:19
I was always amazed how much chaff we used on our Sqn alone. Anyone seeing ground crew in oversuits and facemasks unloading used ALE 40 containers might wonder how much was falling out of the sky over training areas and what harm it could do?

Asturias56
20th Oct 2022, 08:08
People have always believed in Conspiracy theories - look at Witchcraft trials or the various "Popish Plots" - and of course things like the "protocols of the Elders of Zion"

the difference is that Social Media allows you to talk to so many other idiots at the same time :(