PDA

View Full Version : Sky News - pointless heli-cam

G-ARZG
14th Oct 2022, 10:18
Hate to take work away from fellow Ppruners, but does Sky News really need to launch a Twin Squirrel for live aerial shots of LHR T5 on the flimsiest reason that our beleaguered Chancellor is landing there? Not as though they'll even see him disembark. Rant over

14th Oct 2022, 14:19
Shame they didn't have someone on the plane to record his reaction to being sacked mid-atlantic.......

peterperfect
15th Oct 2022, 13:22
The BBC had a helicopter up following his Range Rover when he left number 11....its not exactly livecast-worthy news unless he got accosted en route to his flat.

Ascend Charlie
16th Oct 2022, 01:18
I was asked by a TV channel to organise a landing on a sports oval, inside Sydney control zone, under the flight path for Rwy 16, and do it quickly. Luckily the Senior Terminal Area Controller (STAC) was a friend of mine, so with some begging and pleading, he said he would squeeze me in between arrivals, but I had to be right on the button, and it was going to limit how many requests I could make from him in future.

No worries, says I, and between the Jumbos, we made it into the sports ground. I expected to find some VIP, but they simply wanted to interview some football player who had a sore ankle. Grrr...

Mike Flynn
28th Oct 2022, 18:51
Camera drones are the way forward for this sort of work, Silent to those on the ground and much more stable in terms of fixed footage.

DBSomeone
29th Oct 2022, 09:29
And a sure bet cheaper to run too!