PDA

View Full Version : Joining Qatar with Frozen ATPL

CaptainGrizzly
12th Oct 2022, 13:46
Hi all

I need some feedback from any of you who recently joined Qatar Airways having CPL and ATPL theory passed. Does QCAA issue you a CPL based on that or an ATPL? I read somewhere it was a CPL but it was a very old post, from somewhere in the early 2000s?

Thanks!

CaptainGrizzly

CaptainGrizzly
14th Oct 2022, 17:27
Anyone?

Mgggpilot
15th Oct 2022, 06:03
Anyone?

Logically if you want your ATPL theory exams recognised then get an ATPL LICENSE. before you join there. As simple as that.

But if you present them with CPL LICENSE then QCAA will for sure issue you with QCAA CPL LICENSE period. ..and guess what you will from this point on have to do everything the QCAA way that is pass QCAA atpl theory exams before they issue you with their ATPL LICENSE

cruisepower
15th Oct 2022, 06:25
The question is do Qatar airways hire low hour pilots with only CPL? I know they have MPL cadet program but besides that any idea if qatar accept pilots with only turboprop time?

CaptainGrizzly
15th Oct 2022, 08:16
Logically if you want your ATPL theory exams recognised then get an ATPL LICENSE. before you join there. As simple as that.

But if you present them with CPL LICENSE then QCAA will for sure issue you with QCAA CPL LICENSE period. ..and guess what you will from this point on have to do everything the QCAA way that is pass QCAA atpl theory exams before they issue you with their ATPL LICENSE

Logically, yes, that's what should happen. But I have known people who went to various airlines, namely Singapore, Cathay with Frozen ATP and they were issued ATPL by the respective national authorities.

So I was just wondering what's happening these days.

CaptainGrizzly
15th Oct 2022, 08:17
The question is do Qatar airways hire low hour pilots with only CPL? I know they have MPL cadet program but besides that any idea if qatar accept pilots with only turboprop time?

Qatar require either ATPL or Frozen ATPL with type rating (Boeing or Airbus).

Mgggpilot
15th Oct 2022, 14:40
Logically, yes, that's what should happen. But I have known people who went to various airlines, namely Singapore, Cathay with Frozen ATP and they were issued ATPL by the respective national authorities.

So I was just wondering what's happening these days.
I know a guy there an FO who is there for 3 years now and he has a CPL to-date.
So you get my point. Worst case scenario let's say he joined with CPL.