PDA

View Full Version : Heliport info

Bg2002
28th Aug 2002, 02:41
I work for a company that is based in LA and we are currently looking in to buying a helicopter. Can anyone give me information of the costs of a heliport spot in the city? How much will the rent cost and what are the additional expanses?
I don't need exact figures of course but I only want to get a general idea of the costs.

inthegreen
29th Aug 2002, 17:59
As amazing as this sounds the LA area has only one public use heliport, which is at LAX, nowhere near downtown LA. And, it's only for transient traffic. Most of the corporate helicopters based in LA are based at Van Nuys airport. Hangar space may be a little hard to come by, but you might try:

Rotorcraft Support: (818) 997-7667

Raytheon: (818) 756-2100

or

Clay Lacy: (818) 989-2900

Hope this helps

Mstern1908
2nd Sep 2002, 23:38
I understand that Robinson is sponsoring construction of light heliports for any new R-44 owner in the LA area. You might also try looking at the FAA publications. I believe there is a good one on heliport design and requirements

sierra-papa
3rd Sep 2002, 03:34
Why would you want a heliport somewhere else then at your prime location/locations? You probably need to get the Heliport regulations of the City and then ask a contractor for the price to build it right there. Sometimes it is enough to fence of a corner of an existing parking lot. That's how it worked for several businesses that I know over here in the Eastern US.