PDA

View Full Version : Modular Flight Training Schools in the UK

Vsilva19
5th Oct 2022, 22:47
I am currently in the process of creating a shortlist of good UK modular schools to visit and then subsequently enrol in. I would just like to get the opinion of people in the community with regards to my options both here in the UK as well as abroad, please.

FTE Modular
Leading Edge Modular
FTA Modular
Skyborne Modular
Aeros
BCFT
Stapleford Flight Centre

As you can see, I have a number of options but am struggling to come to a decision as to which school would be the most appropriate or maybe has the best reputation within my own circumstances. Just for reference, I am based in Surrey, close to London.

Additionally, I also have the option of studying abroad in Portugal at a school called Nortavia (cheaper than in the UK, I do also have Portuguese ancestry/right to live and work in Portugal as well as in the UK). I am not sure if this would be a good choice or if the reputation of training at schools here in the UK would suit me better.

In summary, I am looking to choose one of these options (although I am open to others that I may have missed), but one which is well-respected, with a good/high standard of training, and not necessarily the 'cheapest' training. I would appreciate any advice given.

clarkeysntfc
6th Oct 2022, 08:24
BCFT have closed now.

paco
6th Oct 2022, 13:33
There's no VAT on training in Portugal, I believe

Vsilva19
6th Oct 2022, 13:44
There's no VAT on training in Portugal, I believe

Hi Paco, yes, I heard that too. I do actually have part Portuguese background and speak the language but wasn't too sure if studying there as opposed to here in the UK would possibly leave me at a slight disadvantage later down the line. The main option there would be Nortavia or L3, the first which I've heard does have a good reputation.

Vsilva19
6th Oct 2022, 13:44
BCFT have closed now.

Oh really? That's a shame as they were one of the good guys in the industry. At least from what I heard. Thanks for the heads up though.

Beaker_
7th Oct 2022, 07:11
ACS Flight Training in Scotland have consistently good feedback and I've heard good things about Ravenair in Liverpool.

ZFT
7th Oct 2022, 07:19
Hi Paco, yes, I heard that too. I do actually have part Portuguese background and speak the language but wasn't too sure if studying there as opposed to here in the UK would possibly leave me at a slight disadvantage later down the line. The main option there would be Nortavia or L3, the first which I've heard does have a good reputation.

L3 have sold up.in Portugal

Vsilva19
7th Oct 2022, 09:29
L3 have sold up.in Portugal

Yes, you’re right about that. I guess that narrows my options down a bit more.

Vsilva19
7th Oct 2022, 09:33
ACS Flight Training in Scotland have consistently good feedback and I've heard good things about Ravenair in Liverpool.
Hi Beaker, ACS was actually a school that I had noted down. I might have a bit of a closer look at it. Likewise, Ravenair, although it might just be a bit out of the way for me considering I'm based down south. Thanks however.