PDA

View Full Version : HK Express

Abroad145
2nd Oct 2022, 00:18
Would somebody please PM me the latest pay scale for HK Express?
Thanks in advance.

TimeToWhine
2nd Oct 2022, 04:14
The HKE pay scale is relatively easy to access. Simply go to your local grocery store and you will find it in the peanut section right next to the CX pay scale on the bottom shelf.

dabz
2nd Oct 2022, 05:56
Pretty sure they don't pay you, you pay them...

Babyjet_dododo
2nd Oct 2022, 09:32
Enough to live in shoebox, not save and basically living hand to mouth, and if you have kids, I wish you luck!

cxflog
2nd Oct 2022, 12:35
Last rumour I heard was that they’ll pay you in food stamps. Hopefully you have a nice cardboard box to live in.

veryoldchinahand
2nd Oct 2022, 14:15
Such helpful intelligent replies to a young guys simple question = not
You lot are a disgrace to yourselves, Australia and the industry.

Rie
2nd Oct 2022, 14:35
Stick to the Regionals/Atlas/Frontier/School Bus, easier to get into and less hassle from the mafias.

SOPS
2nd Oct 2022, 14:38
And might I add .. Cathay to that list of disgrace?

Auto_Flt_APOFF
2nd Oct 2022, 16:33
I suggest you research living costs in hong kong. rent or even purchase prices of property in tung chung and then make your best decision

also look at cost per child at LIS, DBIS and DBC....see how much is left over each month

best of luck with your decision

cxflog
2nd Oct 2022, 17:17
And might I add .. Cathay to that list of disgrace?
I think it’ll fit in quite well.

Rie
2nd Oct 2022, 17:45
I suggest you research living costs in hong kong. rent or even purchase prices of property in tung chung and then make your best decision

also look at cost per child at LIS, DBIS and DBC....see how much is left over each month

best of luck with your decision
What's wrong with Tung Chung Catholic or the numerous Canto/Mandarin schools? Two birds with one stone, cheap schooling as well as giving your offspring chance at a future with the CCP at the helm.

Why would anyone in their right mind be looking at HKE when CX is hiring.

TechCrew
2nd Oct 2022, 20:41
Not forgetting the PLANdemic has made the HKE “pilots under training” income-less for coming close to 2years. Even a 7-11 cashier can be considered to be paid higher than this poor group of people!

Abroad145
3rd Oct 2022, 06:10
Don't stress it's fine.

bacou
3rd Oct 2022, 12:14
Would somebody please PM me the latest pay scale for HK Express?
Thanks in advance.

if I remember well it’s 57 000 HKD for a Captain and FO start at 18 000 HKD..
On top you get an accommodation allowance that will pay half of your rent.
Some airlines don’t deserve to survive Covid !

veryoldchinahand
5th Oct 2022, 10:29
You don't remember well 'bacou'
At best your post is misleading by what it omits and at worse deliberately so perhaps with intention to mislead.

Rie
5th Oct 2022, 11:11
if I remember well it’s 57 000 HKD for a Captain and FO start at 18 000 HKD..
On top you get an accommodation allowance that will pay half of your rent.
Some airlines don’t deserve to survive Covid !

I think it's more like 50+22 for most DEC. 57+22 is upper level. 27+22 for any competitive FO but 20+14 would be a junior FO. It's less pay than a SO on POS18. No guaranteed flight pay and what I believe is no education allowance.

It's a job for someone who wants a step-up from a SEA LCC and does not realise that the salary would not let you survive with a family in HK unless you all become cup noodle crew.

Bekol delay
5th Oct 2022, 11:23
I think it's more like 50+22 for most DEC. 57+22 is upper level. 27+22 for any competitive FO but 20+14 would be a junior FO. It's less pay than a SO on POS18. No guaranteed flight pay and what I believe is no education allowance.

It's a job for someone who wants a step-up from a SEA LCC and does not realise that the salary would not let you survive with a family in HK unless you all become cup noodle crew.
And that's before spending your days off attending meaningless PCR tests

bacou
6th Oct 2022, 01:26
At best your post is misleading by what it omits and at worse deliberately so perhaps with intention to mislead.

Veryoldchinahand, instead of trying to convince people that **** looks like gold, you should spend your time convincing management to improve their ****!

57 000 was the salary I could expect as a senior Captain if I joined them and 20 000 only pays half of the rent of a flat in HKG
I must admit that 18 000 sounds like a joke but I believe that it’s the entry salary as an FO with limited experience.
It makes CX contract look good doesn’t it?

I am sure they are doing very well at recruiting, just flew with one of their pilot on unpaid leave, he won’t be going back as many of his colleagues.

LapSap
6th Oct 2022, 03:43

And perhaps if you know what the ‘real’ figures are, you could share them instead of taking such a supercilious stance.

Rie
6th Oct 2022, 07:33
And perhaps if you know what the ‘real’ figures are, you could share them instead of taking such a supercilious stance.

LapSap, I did above and I would still take a supercilious stance with those figures. I really cannot understand how they call that competitive. Anyone know what GBA is paying?

Ecam321
6th Oct 2022, 16:46
Before Covid the HKE package was a little better than COS18 and they were afraid that after Cx bought the company they would be put on COS18.
However the pandemic completely obliterated HKE flying schedule to almost zero, so everyone was out on a much reduced package, figures very similar to mentioned above.
As they move out of the pandemic and into a more fruitful flying schedule it will be interesting to see what they do with the package. They will have to increase it to recruit expat candidates but they can’t return to what it was before as that is better than COS18 and you can’t have your LCC being better paid than the mainline.

Sqwak7700
6th Oct 2022, 18:34
And that's before spending your days off attending meaningless PCR tests

They are not meaningless, they are making some people extremely rich. And prolonging the charade is invaluable in controlling the good little sheep.

Terrain Terrain
6th Oct 2022, 23:56
Anyone know what GBA is paying?

5% less than HKE

Rie
7th Oct 2022, 04:35
5% lower at GBA makes you wonder what sort of power trip was on offer for the lads who made the move. It's unsustainable long term. We are talking the airline who's mainland brethren has dangled a carrot of 787's for years with no real expansion ever being seen.

Acepilothk99
8th Oct 2022, 04:22
When is the collective pilot strike coming? Since we are in a ****ty Chinese state known as HK do we have the right to collectively not show up to work? The strikes have worked everywhere else around the world where pilots just refused to work for ****ty conditions anymore. Those airlines were forced to raise renumeration packages back to the "market rate" 👍

Posterizing
8th Oct 2022, 04:36
When is the collective pilot strike coming? Since we are in a ****ty Chinese state known as HK do we have the right to collectively not show up to work? The strikes have worked everywhere else around the world where pilots just refused to work for ****ty conditions anymore. Those airlines were forced to raise renumeration packages back to the "market rate" 👍

Surprisingly enough the freedom to strike is protected by Hong Kong basic law, as long as the strike is deemed to be legal. A strike will be legal as long as the protest is about issues relating to the terms and conditions of the employment.

Cury Lamb
8th Oct 2022, 05:35
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/750x1331/4c417c70_96c0_46bc_86d3_d0e19e830435_659cb5eff803d489b9700c5 6bd3bac02ff2f92a5.jpeg

MeLuvUlongtime
8th Oct 2022, 15:39
5% lower at GBA makes you wonder what sort of power trip was on offer for the lads who made the move. It's unsustainable long term. We are talking the airline who's mainland brethren has dangled a carrot of 787's for years with no real expansion ever being seen.

I heard it around 50K HKD all inclusive plus a few hundred for flt pay + BOND (famous chinese BOND) .. not much. good luck for any expats bring up a family and kids.

cxflog
8th Oct 2022, 20:14
You berate anyone interested in HKE, CX, GBA or AHK…..but you stay.
You b1tch and moan incessantly about CX…..but you stay.
You claim everyone’s resigning …..but you stay.
You loath your employer….but you stay.
You have lost 40-60% of your income…..but you stay.
You are going backwards financially…..but you stay.
Your so called freedoms and quality of live are eroded daily…..but you stay.
You actually enjoy that as crap as your life is, someone has it worse!

You CHOOSE to stay.
It’s about time you owned that choice.
I’m not sure its actually Stockholm Syndrome; you’re just too weak or scared to leave.
Perhaps your perceived identity or ego is just too tied up in the stripes on your shoulders.
News flash: No one cares ;)

What’s most bizarre, and it always has been thus at CX, you actually believe that eventually it will get better and that your Management will miraculously see that the pilots were right all along.

Delusional hypocrisy at it finest.
Jokes on you pal, I’ve been gone for months. I just love stirring the usual suspects on here for a late night laugh :E

KABOY
9th Oct 2022, 12:50
There is no expat recognition in the province of Hong Kong.

Any gweilos who persist with the contract are doing it for the belief that they are higher up the social status ladder maybe?

Hey, I can employ a DH who’s contract has more protections than COS21, but I still like all those people running around calling me Captain…anywhere else I get called ‘Bud,Mate or You’

Australia2
9th Oct 2022, 19:30
I think that makes it sadder flog, no jokes from where I’m sitting.

im glad Having left I now have better forms of entertainment late at night.

Oz2

Flex88
12th Oct 2022, 06:09
Surprisingly enough the freedom to strike is protected by Hong Kong basic law, as long as the strike is deemed to be legal. A strike will be legal as long as the protest is about issues relating to the terms and conditions of the employment.

Note to potential strikers; "you" have agreed to your current COS therefore a strike would be illegal.. Please don't tell me you're surprised at how CX works ?

SabrinaSenior
12th Oct 2022, 12:06
Note to potential strikers; "you" have agreed to your current COS therefore a strike would be illegal.. Please don't tell me you're surprised at how CX works ?
no one agreed to do test and hold for free.

Flex88
12th Oct 2022, 23:06
no one agreed to do test and hold for free.

You basically have agreed to operating the aircraft for free and pay exorbitant housing, schooling & healthcare without assistance. That red line in the sand was crossed a long time ago, what's one more ask now ??
Apathy, the eighth deadly sin.......

cxflog
13th Oct 2022, 00:39
You basically have agreed to operating the aircraft for free and pay exorbitant housing, schooling & healthcare without assistance. That red line in the sand was crossed a long time ago, what's one more ask now ??
Apathy, the eighth deadly sin.......
You could tattoo it on their foreheads and they still wouldn’t listen…

Posterizing
14th Oct 2022, 03:04
as much as I agree with the predicament that CX has often made "suspicious" interpretations of statements to suit themselves, from a judicial point of view it really isnt up to them to decide what is legal or not?

Flex88
15th Oct 2022, 15:55
as much as i agree with the predicament that cx has often made "suspicious" interpretations of statements to suit themselves, from a judicial point of view it really isnt up to them to decide what is legal or not?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​ ​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣​​​​​​​🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣