PDA

View Full Version : Total War 2006

Ali Barber
27th Aug 2002, 22:11
I've just finished a book by Simon Pearson called "Total War 2006" and it is a cracking read. He sets a very believable scenario and describes several events that destroy the theory of infallibity that was initially ascribed to air power after the Gulf War. The powers that be could do with reading this to look at the effect of some of their procurement decisions and budget inspired doctrine.

According to the sleeve notes, Simon Pearson was a Bucc and Tornado nav and was Flt Cdr on 12 Sqn before becoming MA to ACDS Pol. Don't know the bloke or whether he is still in the RAF, but I can strongly recommend this book to everyone.

Reheat On
28th Aug 2002, 02:38
And as the Yanks might say, Aw Gee! I missed Richard 1 and Richard II - when were they released!

Unlikely to be serving surely - even the Hereford boys haven't started in service sponsorship ;)

Jock Jockey
28th Aug 2002, 16:51
Simon Pearson......formerly known as Lift Dump......ie Pops up and spoils everything. Good to see he's found success in something.

Dan Winterland
28th Aug 2002, 22:41
Total war may be sooner than 2006 if dubya gets his way.

A Civilian
29th Aug 2002, 00:19
It is a good book. Although it's author was certainly a right winger :) he kept the pace flowing and the narrivitive was ok. I never understood the end though. If after the nuke was dropped and the Islamic armies just intended to occupiy Israel why did they bio-bomb them also. It defeated the purpose of using the nukes.

With events in the gulf looking not to rosy with all the anti-us anti-war stuff going on who's to say that a unified Islamic colation couldn't happen. Kinda scary :eek:

Harry P
29th Aug 2002, 20:54
From a very board bloke somewhere south of Cyprus.
Give us the ISBN number of this "great read" (the admin types can order us a copy), and we can all have a laugh....

Cheers

ORAC
29th Aug 2002, 21:01
Paperback - 448 pages new edition (4 May, 2000)
Coronet; ISBN: 0340748567

Hardcover - 448 pages (2 September, 1999)
Hodder & Stoughton General; ISBN: 0340748559