PDA

View Full Version : Tornado display teams 2006

suerog
30th Sep 2022, 13:37
I was involved in designing the Dowty Fuel Systems RB199 reheat unit fitted to the engines in Tornado aircraft. I have one of these units stripped and displayed in my home. I have been able to trace the history of that unit. It was fitted to ZA588 when it was flown at the Leuchars Air show 8/9 Sep 2006. I have some photos of ZA588 flying at that show, and I would dearly love to get one of them signed by the crew who were flying it at the time. The photo will stay with the unit which I will eventually donate to the Dowty Heritage Museum or another suitable establishment. Can anyone help me find who the crew were, and maybe even help me contact them please?

30mRad
30th Sep 2022, 14:09
PM sent to you.

megan
1st Oct 2022, 02:18
suerog doesn't have the necessary ten posts to be able to use the PM facility, perhaps s/he could post an email address or phone no.

Speedywheels
1st Oct 2022, 06:40
https://www.airshows.co.uk/reports/uk/2006/rnas-yeovilton-air-day/

Tried to find you a link that’s in the public domain to provide you with an answer. Scroll down to the sixth paragraph and the information for the GR4 display crew for 2006 is there.
In addition, if you go to the ‘UK Reviews’ tab and select 2006, you’ll find a write up for the Leuchars Air Show that you attended. I suspect ZA588 may have been part of the four ship of GR4s in the Tactical Demonstration. If so, trying to establish who were the crew for it on the day is a far taller order and may rely on somebody here who might have more intimate knowledge than what’s available online.
Hope this helps, even in a small way.

suerog
1st Oct 2022, 10:56
If you have any information regarding my original post (Tornado Display Teams 2006) please email me at [email protected]. (I am having trouble using this site!) The Yeovilton Air Day 2006 had several Tornados in the air, so the crew in the aircraft I'm interested in (ZA588) may not be those mentioned in the Yeovilton write-up. No doubt those mentioned could help me, and I'll try to contact them. Thanks for the help some of you have given. I'll persevere with using this site!