PDA

View Full Version : Likes and dislikes

Asturias56
29th Sep 2022, 07:49
Just noticed today that a likes/dislikes flag is appearing under posters details on the LHS of the post

But I can't see a button that allows us to Like/Dislike

Coming shortly?

Tarq57
29th Sep 2022, 08:37
<Tarq57 likes this post>

Asturias56
29th Sep 2022, 10:24
How did you do that? I can't see a LIKE button - I'm on a PC using W10

Senior Pilot
29th Sep 2022, 10:25
On its way: currently being tested, and should be on all except PPRuNe Social forums soon 👍

Union Jack
29th Sep 2022, 12:47
This should be fun - can't wait to see how some of my favourites fare....:D

Jack

India Four Two
29th Sep 2022, 14:01
Will anyone like me? :)

Asturias56
29th Sep 2022, 15:30
We All Love you I42!

Tarq57
30th Sep 2022, 03:37
How did you do that? I can't see a LIKE button - I'm on a PC using W10
I didn't.
I just typed it out as a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Asturias56
30th Sep 2022, 07:51
:ok: - phew - had me worried................

Senior Pilot
1st Oct 2022, 02:52
Now turned on in Rotorheads and SLF, more to come 👍

Asturias56
1st Oct 2022, 10:07
Gawd Bless you all!

Jhieminga
1st Oct 2022, 12:59
Now turned on in Rotorheads, more to come 👍
You won't get many likes there... they need to keep both hands on collective and cyclic so nothing left to hit a like button with!

Senior Pilot
2nd Oct 2022, 02:16
Also turned on for Dunnunda forums, but with the ‘Like’ button only featured on the first post of a Thread. One of the various options available, it will tax the Ozmates to come to terms with such a concept so where better to trial it 🤔 😂

Asturias56
2nd Oct 2022, 08:22
:=

now now......................

are we going to have a weekly League Table?

dr dre
3rd Oct 2022, 04:23
Any reasoning on why a 'like' button was added? I always liked how this forum seemed to be one of the last which hadn't bought into the 'like/dislike/laugh/whatever' reactions so prominent on social media. I think the words expressed on a post speak for themselves without needing to add a 'like' function, even though there's been plenty of posts I've wanted to 'like' (and far more even I've really, really wanted to 'dislike'!) over the years.

Asturias56
3rd Oct 2022, 07:32
I think it's been asked for by a few people. Saves Quoting and saying I agree

Nil by mouth
3rd Oct 2022, 11:16
We now seem to have a "Like" feature, where is the Like button?
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/172x72/likes_a8666e245d0df0d718a0acdd6d3c6a4cad24971b.jpg

DaveReidUK
3rd Oct 2022, 12:08
I always liked how this forum seemed to be one of the last which hadn't bought into the 'like/dislike/laugh/whatever' reactions so prominent on social media.

I see what you did there. :O

davidjohnson6
3rd Oct 2022, 12:39
The "list of people who liked this post" list (when there is at least one "like") is too visible. It should be shown only on request (i.e. by clicking on a link to see the list of names) - not by default. The default should be no more than showing the number of "likes" that a post received
Otherwise, you end up with the "list of people who liked this message" becoming visually almost as important as the message itself

Asturias56
3rd Oct 2022, 16:04
"We now seem to have a "Like" feature, where is the Like button?"

If you read the thread you'd see we've been told its being trialled on rotorheads and then maybe on the Men Down Under

If those two groups can manage it anyone can

Sue Vêtements
4th Oct 2022, 00:47
Any reasoning on why a 'like' button was added? I always liked how this forum seemed to be one of the last which hadn't bought into the 'like/dislike/laugh/whatever' reactions so prominent on social media.

Ironically, if there was ever a post I was going to "like" ... then this would be it

visibility3miles
4th Oct 2022, 00:54
Well, if you just follow the likes, then you don’t have to think for yourself. Seems like an easy solution…

Then again, it is probably going to be anonymous, so you don’t know who is simply nursing a grudge.

“My way or the highway.”

How about individual flags we could post, stating things like:
“I’m with Dre all the way”

or “Krystal and Chips Forever!”

”SASless leaves me speechless!”

I’d stop reading this forum very quickly if it devolved into that.

Senior Pilot
5th Oct 2022, 11:38
Also turned on for Dunnunda forums, but with the ‘Like’ button only featured on the first post of a Thread. One of the various options available, it will tax the Ozmates to come to terms with such a concept so where better to trial it 🤔 😂

Seemingly an abject failure, Dunnunda forums have been put back to the regular post ‘Like’.

Approaches have been made by us and other Boards in the IB sphere to have the cumbersome listing changed to a simple number of Likes: time will tell. Also the listing is SUPPOSED to only show the first few names followed by a number, this is obviously not working and has been reported to IB.

NutLoose
5th Oct 2022, 14:12
No wonder I haven't got any likes, Senior Pilot is hoarding them all... :p

tubby linton
7th Oct 2022, 09:08
Will there be anyway to suppress the list of members who have liked a post ? I saw a post on the SLF forum and the list of likes under a post was longer than the post itself.

Senior Pilot
7th Oct 2022, 12:12
Will there be anyway to suppress the list of members who have liked a post ? I saw a post on the SLF forum and the list of likes under a post was longer than the post itself.
I have explained this problem, only two posts before yours.

Senior Pilot
19th Oct 2022, 23:04
As an update, we have advised Internet Brands that their version of a ‘Like’ button is not fit for purpose so the future use is in doubt. It was designed from the ground up without reference to reality nor to the Moderating team; we have asked at a minimum for the listing of those who have liked a post PLUS the date liked to be changed or removed altogether and replaced with a simple number of likes.

In the meantime it will remain for just those forums currently trialling it, with the unfortunate possibility that it may be removed altogether unless IB Tech can change the presentation.

Flying Binghi
19th Oct 2022, 23:59
Heh. I can see that those posting using multiple call-signs will be the most liked of all..;)

jimjim1
19th Nov 2022, 20:01
Changes to the "Likes" display by removing the dates, noted and approved.

Thanks.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/587x111/pprune_likes2_79684cfa5dea1eacdcdcbb7dcce0f49f5da8576c.png

Senior Pilot
20th Nov 2022, 08:43
Changes to the "Likes" display by removing the dates, noted and approved.

Thanks.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/587x111/pprune_likes2_79684cfa5dea1eacdcdcbb7dcce0f49f5da8576c.png

I found a hidden edit 😇

Don't tell IB.......

MightyGem
31st Dec 2022, 22:22
On its way: currently being tested, and should be on all except PPRuNe Social forums soon 👍

Hmm...how soon is "soon"? Can only find it on 3 sub forums so far.

Senior Pilot
1st Jan 2023, 01:14
Hmm...how soon is "soon"? Can only find it on 3 sub forums so far.
There are a few explanatory posts following that quoted one, and the issue is one of waiting on IB Tech for a response. Their version of a Like button is somewhat at odds with what we expect, and until that is resolved there seems little point in rolling out the function to all forums (except JetBlast).

If there is a majority of PPRuNers who are happy with the IB Like button, we can certainly turn it on 👍

MightyGem
1st Jan 2023, 20:22
There are a few explanatory posts following that quoted one, and the issue is one of waiting on IB Tech for a response. Their version of a Like button is somewhat at odds with what we expect, and until that is resolved there seems little point in rolling out the function to all forums (except JetBlast).

If there is a majority of PPRuNers who are happy with the IB Like button, we can certainly turn it on 👍
Thanks for that.

Pezza26
7th Jul 2023, 11:17
Has the 'Like' function been added as I see a number of members with likes for their posts but Im not able to like a post.

Asturias56
8th Jul 2023, 07:32
think you need 10 posts or similar to be able to comment etc

Saab Dastard
8th Jul 2023, 11:51
The like function is not enabled for all Forums. Can you see the "Like" button in any threads in the Military Forum (https://www.pprune.org/military-aviation-57/)? If so, then you are good to go, else you may have to increase your post count to do so.

Pezza26
11th Jul 2023, 08:31
Excellent, thanks. I couldn't see anything in the Military area so I guess that is the answer. I will have to stop being a lurker!

kit344
6th Jan 2024, 14:56
Why are Likes available on SOME Forums and Threads but NOT on others ?

Is there a logical reason for this ?

IBJoel
8th Jan 2024, 18:17
Why are Likes available on SOME Forums and Threads but NOT on others ?

Is there a logical reason for this ?
We have a department policy to not allow Likes on off-topic sections, such as JetBlast

jolihokistix
10th Jan 2024, 03:12
Someone mentioned today on the Likes thread that after a 'like' spree they had run out of ammo. Is there a limited number of likes you can give per day?

IBJoel
10th Jan 2024, 16:07
Someone mentioned today on the Likes thread that after a 'like' spree they had run out of ammo. Is there a limited number of likes you can give per day?
Technically yes. I think it's like 20 or something. Almost no one ever hits the daily limit

Clay_T
10th Jan 2024, 16:35
The "list of people who liked this post" list (when there is at least one "like") is too visible. It should be shown only on request (i.e. by clicking on a link to see the list of names) - not by default. The default should be no more than showing the number of "likes" that a post received
Otherwise, you end up with the "list of people who liked this message" becoming visually almost as important as the message itself
There is a setting in 'Edit Options':Likes Notifications:

Enable Likes Notifications
Disable Likes Notifications

That will hide the Likers names below your post.

Technically yes. I think it's like 20 or something. Almost no one ever hits the daily limit
I hit the 'Like' limit yesterday, Liking a bunch of posts in Jet Blast on the subject of Likes.
Since then, the Like button has disappeared for me in all the forums which allow likes.
How long will I be in Like time out?

Asturias56
10th Jan 2024, 16:51
"I hit the 'Like' limit yesterday, Liking a bunch of posts in Jet Blast on the subject of Likes."

Are you running for office somewhere?

Clay_T
10th Jan 2024, 17:40
"I hit the 'Like' limit yesterday, Liking a bunch of posts in Jet Blast on the subject of Likes."

Are you running for office somewhere?
No.
I'm not a pilot either, so for the most part I refrain from posting on pprune.
The 'Like' button is an alternative to replying, just to say thanks for posting.
I've learned a lot, reading this forum.
Pilots posting on pprune aren't much different from the QA folks posting on cmmguys or fishermen posting on bdoutdoors.