View Full Version : Stamp/Sign electronic logbooks

LimaFoxTango
26th Sep 2022, 16:13
I recently migrated to an electronic logbook platform (Safelog) which I think is fairly good, and it does what I need. One thing though, I notice some operators/authorities/CAA's are asking for logbooks to be stamped and signed. This got me thinking. How do folks with e-logbooks accomplish this? Say you want your training captain or instructor to stamp and/or sign a checkride? I guess one could print a page and have that stamped and signed, but that defeats the purpose of a e-logbook no? What if you just want a particular flight stamped/signed and not a whole page? In my paper days, I usually have my TC stamp/sign my OPC/IPC's, but I guess those days are over, or are they?

Anyone has any ideas on this? Perhaps those who use Safelog?

Flying Wild
27th Sep 2022, 12:22
I recently migrated to an electronic logbook platform (Safelog) which I think is fairly good, and it does what I need. One thing though, I notice some operators/authorities/CAA's are asking for logbooks to be stamped and signed. This got me thinking. How do folks with e-logbooks accomplish this? Say you want your training captain or instructor to stamp and/or sign a checkride? I guess one could print a page and have that stamped and signed, but that defeats the purpose of a e-logbook no? What if you just want a particular flight stamped/signed and not a whole page? In my paper days, I usually have my TC stamp/sign my OPC/IPC's, but I guess those days are over, or are they?

Anyone has any ideas on this? Perhaps those who use Safelog?

Speaking as someone who works for an airline, if I need to submit logbook evidence, I will simply print out the last three pages and ask my FltOps dept to ratify the hours with a company stamp and approved signature. I don't think I've ever had an actual signature in my logbook, even when I was back using paper.

enzino
27th Sep 2022, 13:31
Doesn't Safelog have signature capability in the mobile app? I am using PILOTLOG and when I need a signature I have the instructor or examiner sign my entry on my mobile device. The signature will then appear in the remarks section of the entry.

I've generated pdf and printed pages of my electronic logbook both for authorities and job interviews.

ToCatLady
27th Sep 2022, 14:16
LOGTEN you have signing capabilities which are then locked into the logbook so they cannot be changed, the examiner/instructor signs as they would paper.

For company logbook stamps its easier to send them a PDF copy which they can stamp and sign and send you back as PDF. this is accepted by all major CAA's and could be verified too.