PDA

View Full Version : French ATC strike 16.9.2022

lossiemouth
14th Sep 2022, 09:16
Hope this is the correct thread for this subject.

French ATC are striking on Friday the 16th and have asked airlines to reduce flights by 50%. My Daughter is flying out of Bordeaux on EasyJet, So the question is, are we likely to be informed in advance if it is cancelled? If we are, how close to the flight time is it likely to be? Air France has already cancelled 55% of flights and are sending texts as I type.
Don't really want to spend my Friday hanging around an airport, especially one you can't see any aircraft!

Thanks for reading my missive.

LTNman
14th Sep 2022, 10:01
French ATC have been due a strike as apart from Covid years they seem to strike every year. No doubt some strikers view it as part of their annual leave.

pabely
14th Sep 2022, 12:03
Will put pressure on Weekend flights as affected travellers reschedule. Some coming to London to pay their respects might be forced on charters after being asked not to if possible.

lossiemouth
14th Sep 2022, 13:36
Daughters just had an email from EasyJet saying the flight is cancelled.

Tick VG for EJ. Pretty decent communication.

NRU74
14th Sep 2022, 19:57
My EZY flight on Friday, S of France to Liverpool canx. I've just booked to do NIC to Luton on Saturday. Not the end of the world especially if I can screw the train fares, extra parking @ Liv etc etc from EZY or the Travel Insurance.

lossiemouth
15th Sep 2022, 14:18
My EZY flight on Friday, S of France to Liverpool canx. I've just booked to do NIC to Luton on Saturday. Not the end of the world especially if I can screw the train fares, extra parking @ Liv etc etc from EZY or the Travel Insurance.
Good Luck!