PDA

View Full Version : Smart Lockers

controlledrest
8th Sep 2022, 04:51
Yet another example of how CX views their employees. Smart Lockers now available at dispatch, but we have to pay for them!

I'll just continue to take my stuff with me as carry on. The company can pick up the tab for the extra fuel burn.

Babyjet_dododo
8th Sep 2022, 08:53
Yet another example of how CX views their employees. Smart Lockers now available at dispatch, but we have to pay for them!

I'll just continue to take my stuff with me as carry on. The company can pick up the tab for the extra fuel burn.

I remember old man MH losing his **** and telling crew that if they leave their stuff overnight, it will get disposed of! Now it’s okay as long as you pay for it! I wonder who decided on this “initiative”?

cxflog
8th Sep 2022, 09:58
I remember old man MH losing his **** and telling crew that if they leave their stuff overnight, it will get disposed of! Now it’s okay as long as you pay for it! I wonder who decided on this “initiative”?
I’d put my house on it being the GMA or her right hand man JB

veryoldchinahand
9th Sep 2022, 02:21
Who ever it was it seems a very sensible move and at a nominal cost .
After all it is the strong embargo on any frivolous spending that has made the airline nominaly profitable again and averted the dire financial straits that have befallen Qantas for no reason other than inept financial and operational management ..

Australopithecus
9th Sep 2022, 07:52
As a QF pilot, may I suggest that you are both an idiot and a paid troll.

Bokpiel
9th Sep 2022, 07:55
I’d put my house on it being the GMA or her bitch JB
Ftfy.

Bokpiel
9th Sep 2022, 07:57
As a QF pilot, may I suggest that you are both an idiot and a paid troll.
100%

Definitely a degenerate sitting in one of those wumao centres in Kenya. Possibly even a bot, like those on SCMP.

veryoldchinahand
10th Sep 2022, 02:56
Australopithecus -please feel free to suggest whatever you wish within this forums rules.
It will of course not change the fact that Qantas is currently a failing airline while Cathay is again well and truly on the up with financial institutions forecasting a 6 Billion profit for the balance of the year.

I have always rather fancied being a degenerate Bokpiel but alas it's a bit late for me and I must reluctantly leave that honor to others here.
I (and perhaps others) have no idea what is a "wumao" centre - perhaps you would be good enough to explain as you have probably personal experience of such places ?

controlledrest
10th Sep 2022, 03:39
Who ever it was it seems a very sensible move and at a nominal cost .
After all it is the strong embargo on any frivolous spending that has made the airline nominaly profitable again and averted the dire financial straits that have befallen Qantas for no reason other than inept financial and operational management ..

It is the principle of treating your staff with respect and as an asset, rather than with contempt and as a revenue stream. Whilst the locker charges are small, I believe my employer should provide secure storage to crew who would like to use it.

Other examples of contempt are:

Cutting allowances at out ports, claiming the hotels have special aircrew menus. The then CEO caught in a blatant lie on this one.

Another example, applying fuel surcharges to staff tickets, claiming they had no choice. AOA produced a letter from CAD showing it was at company discretion how the surcharge was applied. Caught again in a blatant lie.

Then there is the HK$280,000 'training cost' to be paid back over 36 months by direct entry FOs. Looks like a bond, walks like a bond, talks like a bond, but isn't a bond because bonds are illegal in HKG.

BuzzBox
10th Sep 2022, 05:01
It will of course not change the fact that Qantas is currently a failing airline while Cathay is again well and truly on the up with financial institutions forecasting a 6 Billion profit for the balance of the year.

Qantas is certainly facing some operational challenges at the moment, but characterising the company as a "failing airline" is a total exaggeration. The issues faced by Qantas are the result of manpower shortages on the back of a sharp increase in demand following the reopening of borders in Australia. At one point Qantas was running at about 110% of its pre-pandemic capacity in the domestic market and had to reduce services because of the manpower issues. That's a far cry from Cathay, which as of July was still only operating about 12% of its pre-pandemic passenger capacity.

Flying Clog
10th Sep 2022, 05:49
What BuzzBox said.

Don't try and compare Quaintass with Crappy Pathetic to make yourself feel better, please.

CX is a toxic hell hole with nothing but lethal contempt for it's employees. Utterly, utterly disrespectful, and should be held to account.

Anyone still working there is either scared of change, desperate to the point of incapacitation, or deluded to the point of utter insanity, ie. Stockholm Syndrome.

I firmly believe that any current pilot with CX should have their Class 1 revoked on mental health grounds. I have briefly met then at the midfield terminal, and spoken to them via modern video conferencing, and my layman's assessment is that they shouldn't be in charge of a shopping trolley, let alone a 400 ton jet.

It's a very scary situations. These pilots are NOT FIT TO FLY.... On mental health grounds.

I tried it with CX from the onset of the pandemic, and for 2 years, and I am very proud that I took the bold position to walk up to the 3rd floor, in full regalia, to hand in my notice.
I haven't looked back since, truly happy, and would recommend it to anybody. All it requires is getting your 'big boy' pants on. It's not difficult!

Grow a Pair!

Sue Ridgepipe
10th Sep 2022, 06:12
What BuzzBox said.

CX is a toxic hell hole with nothing but lethal contempt for it's employees. Utterly, utterly disrespectful, and should be held to account.

Actually I think you could say the same about QF. Just sayin'.....

Bokpiel
10th Sep 2022, 06:48
Australopithecus -please feel free to suggest whatever you wish within this forums rules.

I have always rather fancied being a degenerate Bokpiel but alas it's a bit late for me and I must reluctantly leave that honor to others here.
I (and perhaps others) have no idea what is a "wumao" centre - perhaps you would be good enough to explain as you have probably personal experience of such places ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/amp/who-is-that-chinese-troll/3540663.html