PDA

View Full Version : SIA are hiring..CX competition begins

MeLuvUlongtime
7th Sep 2022, 05:56
I see SIA are hiring direct entry FO, second officer and Cadets. I think 2nd and cadets are for locals only.. BUT it dosent say that on the website. Only problem is that a SIA expat FO will always be a FO, no upgrade to captain. Locals wll be upgraded first.. might be better than CX?

Rie
7th Sep 2022, 10:53
What is the current contract like? I remember the old expat ones used to be one of the best in the world but that is long gone. Can't see it being any better than COS18.

TurningFinalRWY36
7th Sep 2022, 10:57
And expats are the first to be fired in a downturn. Happened to quite a few guys I know. Had been there 10 years

Bangaluru
7th Sep 2022, 12:31
It’s everyone on the same local terms but they fire and furlough the foreigners first. Sorry Singapore..... you’ll have to search elsewhere....

Bokpiel
8th Sep 2022, 02:00
2nd hand info I got about pay sounds pretty bad, and it's not like Singapore is really cheaper than HK.

pill
8th Sep 2022, 21:15
Lee Kuan Yew wasn't shy when letting expat pilots know their position in Singapore. Has only ever been a stepping stone since. Seems alright for locals.

krismiler
9th Sep 2022, 00:49
Foreigners on employment passes were let go however those who had permanent residence were kept on. PR status requires contributions to The Central provident fund and national service liability for male children with PR so there is a higher level of commitment involved.

Singapore is a developed country and no longer regarded as a hardship posting therefore increasingly fewer jobs in any area offer expat terms and conditions. Unless you’re employed by a multi national corporation in a reasonably senior position, you’ll get local terms