PDA

View Full Version : A ‘Right tear up’...

Flugzeug A
24th Aug 2022, 21:10
I live in lovely rural Nottinghamshire , near Newark.
The closest fighter base is Conningsby.
Today , for about an hour all told , we had fast jets (relatively) low level over the town & overhead , going at it full burner etc.
Glorious to hear though I didn’t see the aircraft.
It’s happened before & always sounds as though it’s defenders doing intercepts over or nearby my town.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what’s occurring?
Am I right in thinking it would be Conningsby aircraft?
Thanks

langleybaston
24th Aug 2022, 22:08
Alternatively, near Coningsby in Woodhall Spa, one may be serenaded by the sound of two lawn mowers, out of sync, heralding the BBMF Dakota staggering round the circuit.

Flugzeug A
24th Aug 2022, 22:19
I am a sad reenactor & have defended Tattershall castle from the forces of nasty King Charlie 1 several times.
Cracking view of the Conningsby runway from the ramparts but the aircraft are a distraction when pouring Musket fire on the enemie , a POX on ‘em!

teeonefixer
24th Aug 2022, 23:00
Coningsby Typhoons and Lakenheath F-15s regularly tear up the skies at medium level over East Yorkshire and are fun to watch. They like to spread it around, I guess.

cynicalint
24th Aug 2022, 23:18
I live in the North of Scotland and regularly watch Typhoons and Poseidons flying very low. So low in fact that their wheels often touch the ground!

ShyTorque
24th Aug 2022, 23:57
You might have missed a practice display by the remainder of the Red Arrows. There was a NOTAM for Syerston.

Tiger16
25th Aug 2022, 08:25
I strongly suspect that RAF Syerston's Families Day will have been the culprit..

Flugzeug A
25th Aug 2022, 20:43
Thanks Shy’ & Tiger’, that’ll be it.
Syerston’s 5 miles away as the Hawk flies , tho’ us mere car drivers have to cross the Trent to get there.
Had I known , I would have done so to watch...
Can anyone point me at a website for Notams lest they return for another practice?
I can only guess that me thinking they were in ‘burner was the sudden increase in noise as they entered the valley this town’s in.
And , based on another thread here , I’d have gone out of my way to cuss at them for their lack of Wokeness!!

GeeRam
25th Aug 2022, 21:55
Alternatively, near Coningsby in Woodhall Spa, one may be serenaded by the sound of two lawn mowers, out of sync, heralding the BBMF Dakota staggering round the circuit.

:E:ok: