PDA

View Full Version : EASA Part 66 Post 1st January 2021

woptb
24th Aug 2022, 16:13
Has anyone tried to apply for or received an EASA part 66 licence post the 1st of January cut-off date using a newly minted CAA part 66 licence ?

Diff Tail Shim
25th Aug 2022, 15:23
Has anyone tried to apply for or received an EASA part 66 licence post the 1st of January cut-off date using a newly minted CAA part 66 licence ?
The answer should be no. Why? Have you tried? I have an ex colleague that has both (Tx to Irish licence and got grandfather UK one back post Brexit). He asked if a job in Europe was open to him with his ICAA licence, the answer was no as he was a third country national without visa rights and the company didn't want to know. He voted out and would still vote out as he believes the EU is corrupt. Yet he votes for the biggest bunch of corrupt people in Europe and went to Hilda's funeral as a spectator. Ex Bomb head so says it all. He wanted to move abroad as well to the EU post the referendum!

woptb
29th Aug 2022, 09:48
The answer should be no. Why? Have you tried? I have an ex colleague that has both (Tx to Irish licence and got grandfather UK one back post Brexit). He asked if a job in Europe was open to him with his ICAA licence, the answer was no as he was a third country national without visa rights and the company didn't want to know. He voted out and would still vote out as he believes the EU is corrupt. Yet he votes for the biggest bunch of corrupt people in Europe and went to Hilda's funeral as a spectator. Ex Bomb head so says it all. He wanted to move abroad as well to the EU post the referendum!

Still in the industry,but no longer on the tools. Not going to renew again and couldn’t be bothered with an NAA transfer.
Someone asked me about this, and I wasn’t sure,hence the question.
Ex blue suit myself,not surprised at the politics of the majority of nitwits who voted out.
This is the kind of trouble Plumbers can get into if left unsupervised!
Getting rid of freedom of movement was a stated aim of leavers,but now they realise this actually applies to them,gimps!

Diff Tail Shim
29th Aug 2022, 13:45
Still in the industry,but no longer on the tools. Not going to renew again and couldn’t be bothered with an NAA transfer.
Someone asked me about this, and I wasn’t sure,hence the question.
Ex blue suit myself,not surprised at the politics of the majority of nitwits who voted out.
This is the kind of trouble Plumbers can get into if left unsupervised!
Getting rid of freedom of movement was a stated aim of leavers,but now they realise this actually applies to them,gimps!
Indeed because most people that joined the Air Force didn't try that hard at school and certainly didn't take in History. Loss of freedom of movement of Britions.