PDA

View Full Version : FI Course - (UK)

nibs2007
24th Aug 2022, 12:53
Good day All,

I am looking for recommendation, for a Flight Instructor Course (A).

Would appreciate hints, help, guidance anything to get first class training, which would then be passed to future generation of Aviators.

This is not a tick in a box or hour building thingy but rather new learning path for self.

Would be a pleasure to hear from any Instructor retirees on the topic.

With Regards
nibs

Arrow Flyer
24th Aug 2022, 20:07
I highly recommend Andrewsfield - Carol Cooper is an excellent instructor, as are the rest of the FIC team there

BBK
25th Aug 2022, 13:43
Hi Nibs

I’ve used Redhill Aviation for many years for renewals etc. Their FI students seem pleased with the course etc. Hope that helps. Good luck!

BBK

Airgus
25th Aug 2022, 19:03
Hi Nibs

I’ve used Redhill Aviation for many years for renewals etc. Their FI students seem pleased with the course etc. Hope that helps. Good luck!

BBK
It would be ideal if the ATO can give you a chance to work as FI once you have completed the course.
The benefits are mutual, they know you and you know their SOPs and you will get the chance to develop in an already known and familiar environment, to grow toward the restriction removal.

If you are in need of doing the FIC during the winter, AcademyAviation from North Weald have a satellite airfield in Spain that can do the course under 5 weeks due to the stable weather conditions of Southern Spain (UKCAA ATO)