PDA

View Full Version : Feeling flush? The EX RAF full motion F4J procedural Sim is up for sale with others.

NutLoose
17th Aug 2022, 14:39
It was the procedural sim, comes with a 737 and f1 car one..

July 20th 2022Ever dreamed of owning your own company? An incredible opportunity to own a flight and F1 car simulation business and its assets are now being offered for sale (https://www.bpiaa.com/business_sales/real-simulation-ltd-business-assets-sale/).

Real Simulation, which is currently based in Harrogate, has put the business, which included all the existing assets up for sale. Should a buyer not be found, acting agents BPI Asset Advisory, will be auctioning all assets individually via online auction at www.bpiauctions.com (https://streak-link.com/A-tqwCmBwU4vAVRJ5Qz4eSt5/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bpiauctions.com?email=ellis%40wild-pr.co.uk).

The following assets would be included within the sale of the business:

Boeing 737 200 Series Simulator on Hydraulic Motion Platform (Analogue Cockpit Dials)
F4 Phantom Fighter Jet Simulator on Hydraulic Motion Platform
3/4 Size F1 Car Simulator
Full Size F1 Car Simulator
Trailer to transport Car simulators

The Formula 1 full-sized car is based on a 1982 design and was built as a show car for one of the teams, which was then converted into a sit-in and drive simulator and a pitstop challenge car, facilitating wheel changes against the clock. The vehicle could also be used as a show car, with various company corporate branding applied.

The F4 Phantom came from a MOD sale about 6 years before Real Simulation took over and it had been used as a procedural trainer by the RAF during the time that Phantoms were operational. Experts believe it is a F4J type of Phantom aircraft, which was an American version, with genuine aircraft fuselage and genuine controls inside.

The current owner, Adrian Martin, set up the business in 2005 after purchasing the Boeing 737 200 series (with the analogue cockpit dials) and an F4 Phantom fighter jet, both on motion platforms.

The primary streams of revenue streams for the business include gift voucher experiences for the general public, as well as corporate team building days and exhibition magnets for other companies.

Andy Cromack, Director for BPI AA said: “We are thrilled to be able to offer such a unique proposition to our customers, as the purchaser will not only own the business but inherit the fantastic assets that come along with it. We anticipate a huge surge of interest for this amazing opportunity, so we recommend getting in touch as soon as possible if you think this business venture could be for you”.

see

Simulation business available to purchase (bpiauctions.com) (https://news.bpiauctions.com/simulation-business-available-to-purchase?utm_content=215386458&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&hss_channel=tw-459266823)

probably this one

Fly a Fighter Jet | Phantom F4 Fighter Jet Simulator (intotheblue.co.uk) (https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/experiences/fighter-jet-sim/)

Rockie_Rapier
17th Aug 2022, 16:40
That's an interesting one. I wonder who manufactured the F4J simulator? I worked for a while on the F4M and F4K which had very ancient magnetic core memory. (Manufactured by Redifon Simulation Limited Crawley and Alesbury circa 1970.) These would be very hard to keep going but who built the F4J SIM?

As the F4J aircraft was closer to a USN standard machine was the SIM also from the US?

Fortissimo
17th Aug 2022, 16:40
Unlikely to be F4JUK - if memory serves, there was an F4J flight training device (fixed base) and not a full motion sim. I stand ready to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable!

Flap Track 6
17th Aug 2022, 17:35
I had a go in this a few years ago when my father bought me a session, it was great fun. I don't remember it being for the F-4JUK, though.

ORAC
17th Aug 2022, 19:06
As the F4J aircraft was closer to a USN standard machine was the SIM also from the US?
IIRC the UK f-4J was an absolutely standard USN aircraft - the crew even wore USN clothing and harness as nothing in the cockpit and seat was changed.

Akrotiri bad boy
17th Aug 2022, 19:14
I had a trip in this sim a few weeks ago, it's a full motion job, (well it had me hanging in the seat straps), and thoroughly enjoyable. I managed an arrested deck landing on the first go but got my feet wet on the re-launch :{

Also in the shed was a B737 simulator and a full size F1 simulator. There was also a 1/3rd size F1 simulator which the owner mentioned would fit through a lobby door and into a standard size elevator. This was built with high rise corporate team building days in mind where the sim was taken to the client, even if they were 20 floors up on the London skyline. Oh, and there's also a mahooosive scalextric track.

Shame to see it up for sale, maybe Mrs Akro could be persuaded?

meleagertoo
17th Aug 2022, 19:47
The expression "procedural" rings alarm bells to me.
In my experience there are full-flight simulators with motion and visuals, and there are "procedural" sims that may have motion but have no visuals. Why else call then 'procedural' unless all you can do in them is procedures - aka IF?

A 'round dial' B737 -200 sim - if it has visuals at all, will almost certainly be the most basic polygon-block visuals there are - not the least bit convincing nowadays.