PDA

View Full Version : Club Europe

Dr Jekyll
27th Aug 2002, 08:00
Do you actually get any more room in BA Club Europe as opposed to economy?

It's not the legroom I have a problem with so much as the width, I still have backache after flying back from Rome in a BA 757 and spending the whole flight twisted in my seat with my elbows on my stomach. Lokking at the BA website there is a lot of froth about lounges and leather seats, but no actual figures about what matters.

Does it depend on the type of aircraft?

Shadowpurser
27th Aug 2002, 09:26
yes - seats are wider.

On b737 in C class you have 2 on the left and 3 on the right hand side, all with extra width. Also - if you book on the web, you can choose your seat prefference and get the bulkhead at the front of the cabin and get the leg room as well!!!

Any more questions - feel free mate, I spend half my life in club so should be able to answer any questions you or any one else has for that matter.

Cheers all!!!

trustno1
30th Aug 2002, 14:58
Having flown in both classes regularly with work and leisure I would say that there is very little to differentiate between the size of C class seats on the 757 and A319 and those in Econ. My advice is to save your moola and go in Y. For example my flight to AMS at the weekend cost £86 with BA LHR/AMS. I bet it would have set me back £400 to fly up front (1 hour both ways). Really theres no contest. My biggest gripe would be the fact that the leather on the seats is quite slippy so you tend to slip if you try to stretch out. Finally never choose a window or a middle seat at the bulkhead on a 757 or A319 as there's no room to stretch your legs.

PAXboy
30th Aug 2002, 20:42
Regarding 'C' in wesuern european flights, I have a simple rule:

Is someone else willing to pay me to go in 'C' and pick up more FFMs, or am I paying for myself?

Yes = I am at the front.
No = I am at the back.

On long haul it is a completely different matter.

katlyn
10th Sep 2002, 14:48
Having worked with the former CityFlyer Express, can I please add that on some of the much smaller aircraft - ATR-72's etc, the Club Europe section is at the rear of the aircraft and the seats are no different to those in economy. The only extras a C class pax would get is a better meal (supposedly) and dedicated check-in desks and being able to sit nearer the door, so they can de-board quicker. Having said that, these small aircraft don't fly as far and therefore uncomfort is fairly short-lived anyway. In my opinion, you're better of in Y - cheaper and much the same.