PDA

View Full Version : EASA PPL(A) Flight school recommendation

MRxRM
13th Aug 2022, 07:53
Hello,
I am currently looking for a flight school to do my EASA PPL(A). It would be nice if someone can recommend me a school.
I want to do a full-time training. My focus was to do it in Spain due to the weather conditions and costs. But I am also open to other locations if they have similar conditions.
Would be nice if I could do the theory course online and afterwards starting with the practical training. Since I want to do the training full-time, availability of aircrafts and FIs should be given, to prevent wasting time.
What about the spnaish authorities AESA, is it easy to manage the licence, medical renewal etc. from abroad?

Any hint might be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

MRxRM
15th Aug 2022, 08:12
No one has some hints for me?:sad:

Redmo
15th Aug 2022, 21:04
FlyInSpain in Jerez are good

MRxRM
16th Aug 2022, 07:55
Did you do your training with them?
I wrote them and other schools in Spain messages but did not receive any feedback. Don't they want to make buisness? :confused:

Petollik
16th Aug 2022, 11:21
Did you check your spam folder? I sended them email yesterday around 7pm and they answered me today morning. I replied them and they replied back like in one hour.

MRxRM
18th Aug 2022, 20:14
Did you check your spam folder? I sended them email yesterday around 7pm and they answered me today morning. I replied them and they replied back like in one hour.

Are you also thinking of doing your PPL in that school?

Meanwhile I got an answer from them.
They do the licensing with the maltesian authorities. Is that a bad sign?
I don't understand what's the advantage of this combination. Somthing about taxes or not approved by the spanish authorities?

MRxRM
22nd Aug 2022, 07:51
It's very exhausting doing research for a good flight school... I am little bit disappointed.
I am not sure how I should proceed to choose a flight school.

Petollik
22nd Aug 2022, 10:03
Are you also thinking of doing your PPL in that school?

Meanwhile I got an answer from them.
They do the licensing with the maltesian authorities. Is that a bad sign?
I don't understand what's the advantage of this combination. Somthing about taxes or not approved by the spanish authorities?

​​​​​​Well I was thinking about doing it there, but decided to do ppl here in Finland. Anyway, I'll think the reason is the taxes and test prices. They are much lower in Malta, than in Spain. I don't see that it would be a bad sign, since it just gets the price lower for students. They are EASA approved school and they got good reviews if you google them.

I Dont see any red flags about the school, but your best option is visit the school and talk with some of their students and ask about everything you are considered. After you seen the school with our own eyes, it is much easier to decide do you want to go for it. It's not worth to join school before you have visited them and talked with their students. If you are considering few other school, just book tickets to Spain, make a little holiday and visit them all.

MRxRM
23rd Aug 2022, 07:02
definitely consider Fly EPT Spain
Son Bonet Airport (LESB)
Palma de Mallorca
excellent native English speaking flight instructors
good choice of hour building aircraft in Spain.
So much more value for money and the cheapest hour building packages in Europe
https://www.flyeptspain.com/

Have you done your PPL etc. with them?
Are the instructors just freelancer or is it a school with long term contracts for their personal?

Flaps 99
30th Aug 2022, 14:29
They have cheap hour building offers. They're a satellite base for a bigger ATO in Southern Spain who offer Integrated ATPL. I know they provide some of the PPL courses for the bigger school ...