PDA

View Full Version : EASA SEP Renewal and Brexit

puestadelsol
11th Aug 2022, 07:03
Hi,

I'm struggling to get my head around this. My SEP licence was issued Sep 2020 by EASA.

For my upcoming renewal, do I have to change this to a UK PPL in order to fly G reg aircraft in the UK? I have no intention of going commercial, would want to fly to France some day though.

Many thanks in advance

BEagle
11th Aug 2022, 07:27
What was the State of Licence Issue? EASA itself does not issue licences.

Fl1ingfrog
11th Aug 2022, 07:50
I will asume that your licence was issued by the UK CAA in accordance with the EASA rules and regulations, which were current at the time. IT IS NOT A EASA LICENCE but it is a UK CAA licence and is valid for life as it is. You should now ignore any referenses to EASA printed on it. This is the UK CAA instruction to avoid unecessary replacing of licenses.

puestadelsol
11th Aug 2022, 12:04
I will asume that your licence was issued by the UK CAA in accordance with the EASA rules and regulations, which were current at the time. IT IS NOT A EASA LICENCE but it is a UK CAA licence and is valid for life as it is. You should now ignore any referenses to EASA printed on it. This is the UK CAA instruction to avoid unecessary replacing of licenses.

Makes perfect sense now, thank you!

Whopity
29th Aug 2022, 15:47
There is a document that you should download should you fly outside the UK to prove that your licence labelled EASA is actually a UK Part-FCL Licence. Its called CAP 2086 (https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Confirmation%20of%20Validity%20of%20a%20Licences%20%20Medica ls%20Issued%20by%20the%20UK.pdf)