PDA

View Full Version : You going to accept this?

Kubota
27th Aug 2002, 02:16
In OZ recently and watched a TV program where a QANTAS exec was being interviewed about the upcoming share issue (raising capital for Australian).

The interview went something like this...

Q: "So you'll be paying the employees a $1000 bonus each?"
A: "That's correct."

Q: "And what will the bonusses of the directors be?"
A: "About 50%."

Q: "50% of your annual salary?"
A: "Yes, it's a lot of money."

ENRON, revisited. Go get em, lads.

TwinNDB
27th Aug 2002, 02:45
I have always felt that there should be an equal percentage bonus paid to ALL emlployees of a company. I realsise that there will always be higher wages for managers, executives and Board members and in most areas the positions that they occupy do carry a greater risk load - hence the higher wages. BUT if you are able to come to realisation that the company would not run without EVERYBODY doing their job then an equal percentage should be paid to all. By this i mean paying everybody 5% of their income. eg:

Manager on $700 000.00 gets a bonus of $35 000.00

Baggage handler on $40 000.00 gets a bonus of $2 000.00

This would recognise the contribution of everyone to the company while still recognising the greater level of risk and responsibility that comes with senior postions.

Twin

apache
28th Aug 2002, 03:53
I would like to meet the poor baggage handler who is ONLY earning $40 000!!!

Sly'n Smiley
28th Aug 2002, 10:17
To make $40k the baggage handler is probably working at a bases pay of $29k and getting some penalties for shifts and weekends. Working at the hospital as an Orderly, I made about the same amount. Real hand to mouth stuff when ya live in Sydney and you've got a family. Still, I left the hospital for a GA job that paid $600 a week. (I left that tho for a jet job that pays a bit better:D .)

TwinNDB
28th Aug 2002, 23:05
Ok - so the figure might not have been correct but the idea of the post still remains.

You recognise increased responsibility with a base salary and then equally recognise the contribution of all employees with the same percentage bonus.

Twin