PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus CEP 2001?

Shamrock 321
22nd Jan 2001, 00:40
Anyone contact Aer Lingus with regard to the CEP scheme for 2001?

AssumeCrashPositions
22nd Jan 2001, 01:21
I got an reply from them last week after emailing them which said that they didn't know when they'd next be recruiting but that when they did start it would be advertised in the Irish press and on the website.

Mister Geezer
22nd Jan 2001, 01:52
I phoned them up, quite a while ago and they did not seem to be very clear about when they would be opening the doors for this scheme again. I was told spring time as a very rough guide, however I would take that with a pinch of salt because I have been told that CEP recruitment is not at the top of EI's list of priorities. That info is purely from peoples views and knowledge that have been posted, in previous posts.

MG

------------------
...For Radar identification, throw your your jumpseat rider out of the window...

kopbhoy2
22nd Jan 2001, 01:55
Unlikely this year.... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Gerard
22nd Jan 2001, 13:20
"posted by kopbhoy2"
Unlikely this year....

did ya hear that from Ei folks kopbhoy2? Looks like I gotta start saving money big time so!!

kopbhoy2
22nd Jan 2001, 13:47
Gerard you know where I heard that one from!! ;)

Check yer email btw re drinks...

steven
22nd Jan 2001, 14:20
I rang Aer Lingus last yearin september and this year. They said that they were not sure when they were recruiting again and if they were it is likely to be in spring time.

Con-air
23rd Jan 2001, 01:54
The old "Will they or will they not?" syndrome.I must say I "love" waiting with baited breath for this to come around again!I've completed my PPL and I'm doubtful about doing anymore flying in case it rules me out of this years drive(if they're doing one this year!).

Shamrock 321
23rd Jan 2001, 03:47
Fingers crossed so people... I suppose we'll have a better idea by mid-February...

It's a waiting game!

25th Jan 2001, 05:38
Made contact by e-mail last week, informed that announcements will be made on their website when recruitment starts.

kopbhoy2
25th Jan 2001, 13:55
999 - you'll hear about it here first, their website has been very slow in the past when it comes to announcing the CEP.

Prince Kebab
25th Jan 2001, 20:54
Don't hold your breath guys. I believe they are crewed up the moment.
Keep trying the harpies though!

Sprawler
26th Jan 2001, 13:07
Don't even waste your time waiting for EI. Why anyone would want to work for these guys is beyond me (although the idea of them paying for your training is kinda nice). Just look at the way in which they have handled the current industrial dispute.

The manner in which they run their recruitment process is an absolute disgrace. They treat applicants like they are little kids at school. If any other company ran their recruitment programme like EI they would have no one working for them. I'm sorry for sounding so harsh but my experience with them wasn't very pleasant. They don't even have the decency to reply to letters. My advice (for those that haven't already done so) is to try applying to BA. I have found them to be extremely professional and helpful. Maybe EI should managers should take a look at how their Alliance Partner does things.

Prince Kebab
26th Jan 2001, 15:06
Very Bitter Sprawler....perhaps you just couldn't cut it??????
Whilst trying to get a job don't you think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself having concerns about Industrial Relations.

Sprawler
26th Jan 2001, 18:37
Prince Kebab, you're right. I am bitter. As for the comment on me not being able to cut it though, don't you think you are being a little presumptuous. I have applied to EI twice. The first time I made it to the final interview. The second time, they screwed me around. When I wrote to both Parc and EI to express my dissatisfaction with the way they handled my application, they chose to ignore me. As you can imagine I was a little pissed off. I have heard similar stories about EI recruitment from other Wannabes.

As for EI Ind Rel, again you are right. Who cares when you are trying to land your first job. Maybe the bitterness was clouding my reasoning? But the way they handle their IR and the way they handle their recruitment does not give candidates a very good impression of what to expect in the years ahead.

Jet A1
26th Jan 2001, 23:18
Sprawler

Ok your a little miffed at the end result but I still do not think even with the present unrest within the pilot ranks at EIN that it will deter wannabes applying when the time comes around which I believe will be around NOV 2001........I am sure most wannabes wouln't mind having their ATPL paid for then getting a RHS job on A320/A321 and getting JOB SECURITY with a National Airline !!

Regards

C. Yeager
27th Jan 2001, 16:42
Apparently EI have 73 cadets in training at the moment in both Spain and at Oxford. Thats a lot of new pilots. So, unfortunately, the likelyhood of them taking on any more cadets is slim. Unless their planning on a major fleet expantion!

Prince Kebab
27th Jan 2001, 22:29
Sprawler,
I was a bit harsh I realise that...apologies. However,I just found your concerns a bit strange. When I was looking for a job for many, many months the only thing I concentrated on was what the management types wanted me to. You can get political when you are settled into the rigth seat of your shiny airline. I expect EIN are much the same as most airlines, my company definately is...Grumbles with management etc, etc. It seems to be widespread so whoever you go to you will come up against this. Just get your head down and keep plugging away. Good Luck