PDA

View Full Version : A320 FINAL APP or FLS mode

SamuelCV
3rd Aug 2022, 22:38
Hello,

may I fly RNP AR approach with RF points with Final app or with FLS option?

Amadis of Gaul
3rd Aug 2022, 23:31
Hello,

Go right ahead, you have my permission.

giggitygiggity
4th Aug 2022, 03:25
Whilst offering the friendly assumption you're a commercial pilot; perhaps you might start by check your company manuals?

Go right ahead, you have my permission.
And if you're in such a generous mood, may I fly all future approaches to Innsbruck with NO DH? Commercial expediency and all that...

Flappo
4th Aug 2022, 05:46
Whilst offering the friendly assumption you're a commercial pilot; perhaps you might start by check your company manuals?
This.

And this ;

https://safetyfirst.airbus.com/safely-flying-non-precision-instrument-approaches/

Denti
4th Aug 2022, 12:43
Hello,

If you are RNP AR trained on an airbus the answer is obvious, as FLS is not approved for curved approaches, only for straight final approaches. Therefore it has to be Final App. Apparently when Airbus was copying IAN over from Boeing they copied the same restrictions (at least on the 737NG) as well.

Rocket3837
7th Aug 2022, 23:16
FLS is for straight-in NPAs only....
the FMGS will remind you if the FLS is not available for the selected app and will auto select "FNL APP"....
Plus you are always have the opportunity to switch from FNL APP & FLS for NPA....
Thanks

Amadis of Gaul
13th Aug 2022, 20:51
And if you're in such a generous mood, may I fly all future approaches to Innsbruck with NO DH? Commercial expediency and all that...

Denied. You may fly no more than 37% of approaches with NO DH.

MD83FO
15th Aug 2022, 10:34
So we’re not yet calling them 2D 3D approaches?