PDA

View Full Version : Eastern recruiting again

FloatJockey
27th Aug 2002, 00:40
Ciao All!

Just a quick note to let you know that Eastern will be running interviews tomorrow, Wednesday 28th. I applied via staffcv back in April...

I got a call from Sharon?/Shannon? asking me to attend... my visa said no for me... never mind! Their loss, as usual. :rolleyes:

Good luck to anyone attending! :) See ya on the Dash!

Mrs. FloatJockey

skypryncess
28th Aug 2002, 07:42
Not again FJ - still!!!!! With two new bases to staff you can bet we'll be interveiwing for a while to come.......

flightbunny
30th Aug 2002, 06:51
hi everyone,

i have an interview with eastern on monday. if anyone could offer some words of advice, perhaps even questions i might incounter. would greatly appreciate any info you could throw my way.

if anyone else has an interview good luck to you!!!:)

cloud nine
13th Sep 2002, 06:06
Hi Flight bunny,

Just wondering how you went in your Eastern interview? Hope it was good news for you.:)

flightbunny
13th Sep 2002, 07:22
hi cloud nine and everybody else!!!,

unfortunately i was unsuccesful with eastern.:( . i will have to reapply in 12 months..

thanks though everyone for ur help!!!

flightbunny!!!:)

cloud nine
13th Sep 2002, 07:29
Oh thats a shame flight bunny. :(

Its all experiance though, hopefully next time around you will be joining us at EAA.

Keep trying and goodluck;) ;) ;)

nickmelb
13th Sep 2002, 12:24
i love flight attendant interviews......have been to heaps this year.....*counts in head* around 7 interviews since feb this year...not bad...and all great experiences..and make u learn so much more about u and how u should be.....im at that stage where i dont care anymore though....is that a bad thing??????:eek:

smile
13th Sep 2002, 23:24
Well Nick that all depends on what you don't care about.

In my interview for Virgin I just relaxed and was myself-- I didn't care about impressing the interviewers I just went in to have fun and be myself. Well it worked.

I'm guessing that because I came across as natural and just looked as though I was enjoying myself I was more the person they were looking for!!!

So as long as you know your stuff and are confident- I believe that if you 'don't care' about impressing anyone and you are just yourself then you may hit the jackpot!!

Good luck
love SMILE

nickmelb
14th Sep 2002, 06:48
smile

ur words are always inspirational!

keep up the good work!

skypryncess
15th Sep 2002, 00:58
Nick you had Eastern Interviews in MEL a little while ago didn't you? How did that go?

nickmelb
15th Sep 2002, 03:12
skyprincess

that is correct......it was back in july i think....was just a 1 on 1 interviewl..quiet relaxed and they were extremely nice....if u got any questions email or send me a PM

cheers !:cool:

bella75
15th Sep 2002, 23:12
hi gang,
flightbunny sorry about your eatern interview i hope those few hints helped you along in the interview, hopefully my application is a success with eastern, i have just completed my medical, i guess ill be playing the waiting game now!! was very impressed by the recruiting team, very easy to talk to and such a relaxed atmosphere.
Cloud nine, hopefully i get to meet you, your posts are always a helpful source of information.

Bella75:D

cloud nine
16th Sep 2002, 04:46
Good girl, its nice to hear another Pruner may be joining us at the ranks of EAA. Let me know when you hear anything. Hopefully you will get a start date soon. :) :D :) :D :) :D

bella75
17th Sep 2002, 09:46
howdy all,
Today i received that long awaited "YES" phone call from Eastern/Qflink, i start my training 30th Sept...Im feeling so overwhelmed, thankyou all for the encouragement and support you have shown me...i look forward to meeting an eager bunch of high flyers!!
Kind regards
Bella :D

cabinboy
17th Sep 2002, 10:08
bella75,

we all shared your pain when QF mainline stuffed you around after a one year wait and observed how you kept your spirits high through the whole thing. Well done and congratulations you deserve this so much and it's great to also see a single mum getting out there and giving it a go letting nothing get in her way, I don't know you personally but have been watching your efforts and I'm bloody proud of you.

Cloudy and the gang at EAA will welcome you with open arms and as a fellow DH8 hostie I can tell you now that you'll just LOVE IT.

ALL THE BEST

CABINBOY;)

smile
17th Sep 2002, 11:35
Congratulations Bella 75 and welcome to the skies!!!

I know it has been said a million times before but... you are going to love your new job.

Now go out and celebrate yourself silly over the next week as now you have a month (is it a month at Eastern??) of locking yourself away to study.

I still have to catch up with Cloudy for a coffee in Sydney, so now I will hopefully get the chance to catch up with you too!!!

Once again Congratulations!!!:D :D :D

Love SMILE

cloud nine
17th Sep 2002, 12:52
:D :D :D FANTASTIC news!!!!!:D :D :D

I'm sure you will make a great flight attendant Bella, look forward to meeting you in the near future.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

flightbunny
17th Sep 2002, 23:28
CONGRATULATIONS BELLA75!!!!!

I'm really happy for you, especially after the big q gave you the no!!!, their loss!!!

You will really make a good f/a.

Once again congratulations

miss 23
18th Sep 2002, 01:04
Congratulations Bella iam happy to see that your dream has come true you deserve it. Good luck.....You are going to love it girl.....See you in the friendly skies.

Miss 23 :) :) :)

bella75
18th Sep 2002, 03:00
WOW...Breaking the news to my little man yesyterday was a very proud moment for me...Pointing at a dasher in the sky as it was flying over our house...saying to him "thats what mummy will be working on soon!"
What a fantastic bunch of people you all are, as u can see i have had any congratulations...it feels great to have all this support from fellow PPruners.
Its been a long hard slog, but fortunately my perseverance has paid off, ive kept at it, & its made me a wiser person going thru the interview process'...especially after the waiting game i played with the BigQ...the encouragement has been so overwhelming...i look forward to meeting you all one day...flying the friendly skies...CHEERS!!!
It will be a pay cut for me (ill just have to make it in time for happy hr!!!)...but sometimes money cant buy happiness...ive served my purpose at my current employees (sorry EX-employees hahaha)...ive made some true friends for life there...but its time to move onto bigger and better things...its a foot in the door...a big wide open door!!
Once again thankyou for lending an ear and sharing with me a big step in my life.
Kind Regards Bella75 & Bella97 (Jnr) XX

:D :cool: :D :cool:

nickmelb
18th Sep 2002, 08:37
wohooooooo Bella well done baby! about time!

cheers

nick!:D

cloud nine
18th Sep 2002, 11:56
Bella75,

I think alot of people take pay cuts when they first get into flying. Not just Cabin Crew, but also Flight Crew.

At the end of the day, no ammount of money can make a boring job enjoyable.

If you really enjoy flying, which I'm sure you will, you'll learn quickly to compromise. Give me the sky anyday, it sure beats anything else I have done....

;) ;) ;)

How's it Hanging
19th Sep 2002, 10:46
Welcome aboard bella 75,

Now cloudy admit it ,the only reason you turn up to work each day is in the hope that you will be flying with me, which we all know is priceless!!:D :D

ps. we will be able to have a foursome on a CB overnight soon with C9, b75, skypryncess and HIH. Bring the drinking shoes!

penny_benjamin
22nd Sep 2002, 00:57
Don't forget to turn off the spa b4 proceeding to the b'rm!!!
lol :D

cloud nine
22nd Sep 2002, 09:35
With all the "pruners" amongst us at Eastern, I think we would be able to crew a jet to CBR.

:) :) :)

Penny B.....you must be lucky, I never get the spa room at CBR:( sniff...sniff...

But then again I'm just glad that I have never had the "haunted" room downstairs. EEEEKKKK:eek: :eek: :eek:

skypryncess
24th Sep 2002, 07:30
Drinking shoes? Oh yeah, that's all of my shoes and I'm always up for some fun!!! How's it hanging, how come I've never had the pleasure? Welcome Bella we're a friendly bunch @ Eastern, you'll have a great time!

How's it Hanging
24th Sep 2002, 09:39
Skypryncess, we have had drinks before, you just did not know it. Maybe if you ask C9 nicely, or get her drunk, she might give you some hints!!:confused: :D
Otherwise I'll organise CB and see who turns up!

penny_benjamin
26th Sep 2002, 01:03
Have you neva had the pleasure of spending the nite in a suite and getting in late so that u don't have the time to enjoy the inviting spa with ur colleagues???
I'm sure uve heard the notorious story of the Capt. who turned on the spa and left to go and have drinks at the bar!!!
He had us all suspended from a spa rm for mths...
Once bitten, twice wise!!! lol

Hugh Jarse
29th Sep 2002, 17:55
No comment on the above, Penny :p But it wasn't me :D

Congrats, Bella75. Look forward to working with you ;)

Like someone else wrote, the staff are a great bunch to work with. You'll enjoy yourself.

penny_benjamin
1st Oct 2002, 11:48
I like big butts and I cannot lie...
Hey Jarse,
Didn't have the pleasure of a final flight with you b4 "flying away".
May I say it was a pleasure meeting you and I hope I get the chance to supply you with ur tea/coffee once again in the future.
All the best,
pb.xo :D

nojacketsrequired
3rd Oct 2002, 17:59
Some nice pics of the Dash for you Eastern folk on

www.worldairlinephotography.co.uk

NJR(Bacardi & Coke loads of ice and lemon).:D :D ;)

penny_benjamin
7th Oct 2002, 14:44
Unfortunately not luv.
Bummer really, was hoping to catch up with buuddies.
Hoping to see ppl on BWT trips and MEL o/n's.
Do you eva get to stay in MEL???
We only do MQL and DPO o/n's down here... :(
Have to find another way.
pb.xo :D :rolleyes: