PDA

View Full Version : Resitting

haerra
29th Jul 2022, 01:30
Hi,

long story short. I messed up big time by not attending the school exams, had different reasons and one was obviously because it wasnt fun as it used to be. Flying had been increasingly become more boring, 127hrs logged.

Now I’ve contacted the school and because my attendance is bad I could not take the exams instead I had to resit the course. Also my EASA exam time expiration had fallen to 9 months with 1 sitting 4 subjects, which 3 of those failed. Now surely if I do want to continue in the future I’d be choosing a much cheaper school and probably a distance learning. Is my idea of continuing in the future realistic? Will I be able to find cheaper distance learning courses? Will this failure affect my future job interviews if I do make it :) ?

Thank you for your time.

-regards, haerra

Contact Approach
29th Jul 2022, 10:06
If you can’t be bothered to turn up then this industry isn’t for you.

redsnail
29th Jul 2022, 11:19
Hmm. I'd reset yourself. Take a year off flying, work in a shop or factory or whatever. Experience boredom.

After that year, think about whether you want to fly or not. If you think flying isn't fun any more after 127 hours, I dread to think what you'll think of the industry after 10,000 hours.
Every flight isn't fun - especially when learning. Some are more fun than others.

haerra
29th Jul 2022, 18:09
Hmm. I'd reset yourself. Take a year off flying, work in a shop or factory or whatever. Experience boredom.

After that year, think about whether you want to fly or not. If you think flying isn't fun any more after 127 hours, I dread to think what you'll think of the industry after 10,000 hours.
Every flight isn't fun - especially when learning. Some are more fun than others.

thanks! Appreciate your words.

haerra
29th Jul 2022, 18:09

thanks! Appreciate your words