PDA

View Full Version : Polish Air Force TS-11 final flight

alexhara
27th Jul 2022, 16:22
Today there was a farewell flight ceremony of TS-11 Spark aircraft in Polish Air Force. The ceremony took place in 41st Training Aviation Base in Dęblin. Source: https://aerobaticteams.net/en/news/i343/Will-the-White-Red-Sparks-team-be-disbanded.html

NutLoose
27th Jul 2022, 18:23
Thanks, there used to be an Iskra in running condition close to where I am.

Tarq57
27th Jul 2022, 21:04
This aircraft type has been in service quite a long time. Always thought they were attractive.

2Planks
28th Jul 2022, 12:06
Crikey, it seemed like something from the Ark when I flew in one in the early 90s at Deblin. Given that my Polish was limited to Good Morning and the Polish Colonel's English was limited to OK, it was interesting especially when he did an aeros sequence with an, ahem, aggressive base height over an SA3 site...

itsnotthatbloodyhard
28th Jul 2022, 21:41
Crikey, it seemed like something from the Ark when I flew in one in the early 90s at Deblin. Given that my Polish was limited to Good Morning and the Polish Colonel's English was limited to OK, it was interesting especially when he did an aeros sequence with an, ahem, aggressive base height over an SA3 site...

Would this by any chance have been in 1994, and preceded by a memorable and alarming demonstration of the ejection seat training device?

2Planks
30th Jul 2022, 08:02
Would this by any chance have been in 1994, and preceded by a memorable and alarming demonstration of the ejection seat training device?

Very probably on the date, I'm not in the same county as my log book at the moment and most definitely yes on the Heath Robinson escape contraption.

itsnotthatbloodyhard
30th Jul 2022, 12:12
Very probably on the date, I'm not in the same county as my log book at the moment and most definitely yes on the Heath Robinson escape contraption.

Almost certainly the same trip - PM sent