PDA

View Full Version : High eye pressure - easa class 1

sfon87
27th Jul 2022, 13:01
Hello 👋

For several years I have had an ocular pressure on the high limit (21 & 22 mmHg) corrected for the thickness of the cornea and stable for the moment.

For the time being, there is no optic nerve damage and no treatment by eye drops or anything else is envisaged.

However, I'm a bit worried about the future... Do you know if the daily drop treatments will jeopardize my EASA Class 1?

thanks in advance

sfon87
18th Sep 2022, 11:42
Up 😁

RatherBeFlying
20th Sep 2022, 16:10
Xalatan/Latanoprost/Prostaglandin Analog (different names for the same stuff) is the first drop used to control eye pressure. There are other drops if the first one becomes less effective.

With IOPs that high even with correction for corneal thickness, I'd be checking in with an ophthalmologist.

Glaucoma sneaks up on you and any vision loss is irreversible. Vision loss is much more a jeopardy to your medical than taking eye drops.

Better to see an ophthalmologist before there is vision loss.

sfon87
20th Sep 2022, 16:31
Xalatan/Latanoprost/Prostaglandin Analog (different names for the same stuff) is the first drop used to control eye pressure. There are other drops if the first one becomes less effective.

With IOPs that high even with correction for corneal thickness, I'd be checking in with an ophthalmologist.

Glaucoma sneaks up on you and any vision loss is irreversible. Vision loss is much more a jeopardy to your medical than taking eye drops.

Better to see an ophthalmologist before there is vision loss.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I see the ophthalmologist every year.
do you know if having a to use drops daily can affect the easa class 1?

RatherBeFlying
22nd Sep 2022, 17:05
Nope. I'm in Canada. Likely EASA has published their medical policies. If your ophthalmologist hasn't dealt with EASA, you'll have to search for them.