View Full Version : Aer Lingus Direct Entry Pilot 2022

shamrocky
27th Jul 2022, 06:24
Aer Lingus Direct Entry Pilot 2022 coming soon.

Ps4
28th Jul 2022, 04:46
Do you know if they will be looking at UK licence holders for the UK AOC?

many thanks

Top_Cap
7th Aug 2022, 20:50
HI,

On their Direct Entry Pilots webpage it is stated that "Application process has now closed".

Do they refer to 2022 or a previous edition - in other terms, Is the window already closed or not open yet?

Many thanks

Oblivion67
27th Sep 2022, 09:59
Hi Guys/Gals,

Somebody just sent me a link for AerLingus recruitment, via Nobox solutions.

Can somebody please confirm of this is legit or not please? There is nothing on the website about it.

Thanks,

Take Care

OB

ShamrockF
28th Sep 2022, 07:55
Somebody just sent me a link for AerLingus recruitment, via Nobox solutions.

Can somebody please confirm of this is legit or not please? There is nothing on the website about it.

It's legitimate; it took a few hours for the website to update and doesn't appear in the 'Latest Jobs' listing.

Click 'Careers in the Air', 'Direct Entry Pilots' and you'll see it there now.

A320LGW
29th Sep 2022, 00:16
Aer lingus have an awful lot of non Irish pilots, they must easily have more foreign nationals than any other national airline

Contact Approach
29th Sep 2022, 09:34
Hello,
i have heard that is very difficult to pass the assessment for Aer Lingus if you are not Irish.. is that true?
And in order to prepare for the sim and interview, is it simtech good?
i mean, ryanair has AFA, pay to pass.. does aer lingus have the same relation with simtech?

You can’t pay to pass to get in Aer Lingus, regardless of where you train. You have to speak Irish and have an Irish accent for command though. :}

MCDU2
29th Sep 2022, 11:15
You can’t pay to pass to get in Aer Lingus, regardless of where you train. You have to speak Irish and have an Irish accent for command though. :}

You better tell all the English, Dutch, kiwi and other non Irish captains that. Perhaps our employer will roster free language courses.

Letri
30th Sep 2022, 17:05
Hello guys, could anyone please tell me what are the "verifiable references" asked by Aer Lingus in their application form ? As a non-anglo saxon guy I have never heard about such a thing for a formal application.
I understand that they want us to provide a reference, but what are they concretely expecting from us ? A letter written by that reference saying how good and wonderful I am, or should I only give their contact (phone + email) on a sheet of paper and they are going to contact him letter maybe ?

SalvaKB
1st Oct 2022, 07:15
could you check PM please

Sharklet
2nd Oct 2022, 15:05
Does anyone know the typical roster pattern for this role? Assessing if it is commutable or not...

ShamrockF
2nd Oct 2022, 18:42
Does anyone know the typical roster pattern for this role? Assessing if it is commutable or not...

5-3 roster pattern. It changes if you go on the 330 Atlantic.

ptflying
3rd Oct 2022, 10:15
Hey guys, does anyone know if you need to hold all the licenses required at the moment you apply? I'm waiting for my me+ir exam which should take about 1 month to book

Amarob
3rd Oct 2022, 16:47
I sent all the further documentation today, i will let you know when they let me know something new form them.

AviatorBoy_95
4th Oct 2022, 11:25
I sent all the further documentation today, i will let you know when they let me know something new form them.
Hi,

Did you send the documents by email? (replying to their email asking to fill the form and listing the required documets).
Cause, they mention to upload the documents so I was expecting to do that on a website portal but I have not found any.
Thanks in advance for your reply

Amarob
4th Oct 2022, 11:31
Hi,

Did you send the documents by email? (replying to their email asking to fill the form and listing the required documets).
Cause, they mention to upload the documents so I was expecting to do that on a website portal but I have not found any.
Thanks in advance for your reply
YES, I answered to their email, I guess is the correct procedure, as I have no access to the website, Did all of you do the same?

AviatorBoy_95
4th Oct 2022, 11:41
yes, I did the same but I was worrying it is not the correct procedure. I tried to call nobox to clarify this but no one is picking up. I guess we don't have a lot of choices other wait & see. It would be a shame that our application is not reviewed because of this :d

Amarob
4th Oct 2022, 11:44
yes, I did the same but I was worrying it is not the correct procedure. I tried to call nobox to clarify this but no one is picking up. I guess we don't have a lot of choices other wait & see. It would be a shame that our application is not reviewed because of this :d
I agree with you, would be a pity not to be considered because of that.
If you have any news about that please let me know in private, as I will do the same with you

AviatorBoy_95
4th Oct 2022, 11:47
I agree with you, would be a pity not to be considered because of that.
If you have any news about that please let me know in private, as I will do the same with you
sure, I will!
Good luck

Amarob
4th Oct 2022, 11:49
sure, I will!
Good luck
One more question.
Did you receive any email confirmation when you send the document?

AdeCarimentrant
4th Oct 2022, 12:22
Hello ! I have sent all documents by email too. I did not receive any acknowledgement of receipt....

I did not find any internet portal or something like that. I also find this way of proceeding strange. I'll let you know if anything happens.

BenFlight
4th Oct 2022, 12:58
I received the email too. However do you know if we need to fill the flying experience if we are not type rated or you filled it with your flight school hours ?
Furthermore, we need to provide two verifiable references but I don't understand what are they referring to ?

Thanks !!

AviatorBoy_95
4th Oct 2022, 13:29
No confirmation either and that why I was more suspicious about the procedure

Amarob
4th Oct 2022, 16:49
UPDATE!!!
I got an email from NOBOX, saying :Good afternoon from rainy Dublin.

On behalf of Nobox HR Solutions, we would like to thank you for submitting your application and congratulate you on getting one step closer in the process.

As we are fast approaching the closing date, we require you to submit just one more document!

To verify the documents in which you have submitted, please complete, and sign the form in the link below.

and I need to fill up a form basically

AdeCarimentrant
4th Oct 2022, 16:55
Got it too

AviatorBoy_95
4th Oct 2022, 17:17
same here. Fingers crossed to be shortlisted now

Jori
4th Oct 2022, 17:18
Hi to all !
Does anyone know how many pilots will be recruited on this selection programm ?
thx

Amarob
4th Oct 2022, 17:36
same here. Fingers crossed to be shortlisted now
Guys, Just asking... Where are you from and how much experience do you have?

Papanguepl
4th Oct 2022, 17:53
Same message here !
from France 210h TT and you guys ? Fingers crossed for us !

A32N
4th Oct 2022, 17:57

I also got it. Coming straight from flight school

AdeCarimentrant
4th Oct 2022, 18:44
From France and coming straight from Flight school. Let's see :-)

Hos lima
4th Oct 2022, 20:55
Hello All !
From France too.
Any Info of the assessment process :
- atpl knowledge
- psychotechniques
Etc ...

Good luck!

Hos lima
4th Oct 2022, 20:56
UPDATE!!!
I got an email from NOBOX, saying :Good afternoon from rainy Dublin.

On behalf of Nobox HR Solutions, we would like to thank you for submitting your application and congratulate you on getting one step closer in the process.

As we are fast approaching the closing date, we require you to submit just one more document!

To verify the documents in which you have submitted, please complete, and sign the form in the link below.

and I need to fill up a form basically
Check

richpea
5th Oct 2022, 03:59
Does anyone know how this works with the Common Travel Area between the UK and Ireland? British citizens have the right to permanently live and work in Ireland without any kind of sponsorship or visa, so I would assume are completely eligible to work for Aer Lingus? Asking because the application form has a tick box for being eligible to permanently live and work in the EU, which seems irrelevant if you are a UK applicant.... have emailed the recruitment team but wonder what any other Brits applying may have done with that box!

richpea
5th Oct 2022, 04:11
Do you know if they will be looking at UK licence holders for the UK AOC?

many thanks

They are looking for EASA license holders only, so I guess no?

That said, Brits have the right to live and work in Ireland independent of any EU status, so it should be possible to work for their Irish AOC, if you have an EASA license!

Theholdingpoint
5th Oct 2022, 05:22
Does anyone know how this works with the Common Travel Area between the UK and Ireland? British citizens have the right to permanently live and work in Ireland without any kind of sponsorship or visa, so I would assume are completely eligible to work for Aer Lingus? Asking because the application form has a tick box for being eligible to permanently live and work in the EU, which seems irrelevant if you are a UK applicant.... have emailed the recruitment team but wonder what any other Brits applying may have done with that box!

If they're asking for the right to live and work in the entire EU and you can only do it in Ireland you're not "completely eligible"...

richpea
5th Oct 2022, 05:26
If they're asking for the right to live and work in the entire EU and you can only do it in Ireland you're not "completely eligible"...

I'd wonder why though.... Aer Lingus only operate bases in Ireland and the UK. If you have the legal right to work in Ireland you should be good to go. If you're working for an airline you work out of the country you are living and paying taxes in, as long as you're legal there it shouldn't be a problem.

Theholdingpoint
5th Oct 2022, 05:28
Just checked the requirements:
Eligible to permanently work in Ireland with a passport entitling you to unrestricted travel worldwide

Case solved.

richpea
5th Oct 2022, 05:31
Just checked the requirements:

Case solved.

In which case :ok:

Can I ask which ad you got that from? I'm on the official application page and they are asking for if I have the right to live and work in the EU....

Theholdingpoint
5th Oct 2022, 05:49
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/863x735/image_67aafccbee5276433e308592883519967d792191.png

I think it's just another case of HR messing up.

richpea
5th Oct 2022, 05:51

Think you might be right,

I'm on the page on from that and they're asking for a tick box yes/no on are you eligible to work in the EU. Since they've said Ireland on the previous I'm thinking I'll just tick yes. I'm assuming if you tick no the application is going in the bin!

Have emailed them as well, so maybe they'll get back to me and clear it up before I need to submit!

Papanguepl
5th Oct 2022, 06:57
Anyone know if it will be allowed to use paper and pen for the math test ?

Gordi11
5th Oct 2022, 08:00
Hello everyone,
Is there any information of how is going to be the assssment?
Is thee an online part first?
Thank you in advance:ok:

Toro103r
5th Oct 2022, 12:22
Just waiting now is all, Got the Email myself yesterday that the guys mentioned above also, just practising the tests now, as there is quite a lot

Ogry
5th Oct 2022, 12:33
Just waiting now is all, Got the Email myself yesterday that the guys mentioned above also, just practising the tests now, as there is quite a lot

Which tests are you practicing?
And just wondering, why are you so sure they're going to call you for the online assesment?
That latest email with the "as we are approaching the closing date" didn't mention anything about an assesment, unless i'm missing something...

HACIAUFO
5th Oct 2022, 12:44
Hi!
Do you know how is the recruitment process? Do you have any information about how to prepare the assessment?
Thank you in advance!

audrey11
5th Oct 2022, 15:14
what are you practising? is there any aerlingus test online?

richpea
5th Oct 2022, 15:15

Just as an update to anyone who cares, I just got a email back from the HR team saying that British passport holders are indeed eligible, and that we should tick the box "yes" for the question "are you eligible to live and work in the EU blah blah" as in the case of UK passport holders, we are allowed to work in Ireland!

richpea
5th Oct 2022, 15:16
what are you practising? is there any aerlingus test online?

Pilot Assessments dot com have a dedicated Aer Lingus package...

Toro103r
7th Oct 2022, 12:04
anybody get an email about upcoming assessments?

Papanguepl
7th Oct 2022, 12:08
anybody get an email about upcoming assessments?

No, and you ?

Toro103r
8th Oct 2022, 08:09
No, and you ?
No not yet, but someone mentioned in the forum on pilot assessments that they got an email saying they will be contacted next week about the schedule for upcoming assessment

magret2canard
8th Oct 2022, 13:03
hi

I just received an email for online assessments which have to be done NO LATER THAN 17:00 GMT THURSDAY 13TH OCTOBER xD

Flybanana
8th Oct 2022, 13:15
I received the e-mail for the online test
me too, somebody know how is the test?

bigggan
8th Oct 2022, 13:26
Got an invitation for online two part assesment today and need to be completed before 13th, first one ive gotten since completing school. Anyone done this one yet and is refresh training recomended before starting it?

Toro103r
8th Oct 2022, 13:30
Got the email today for online assessments myself to completed by 13th OCT

drisssouid
8th Oct 2022, 13:44
Same here, first stage is a personality questionnaire, second stage says it's role related, so I'm guessing ATPL theory and CUT-E? Good luck to everyone!

Moccego
8th Oct 2022, 13:54
hi guys, does anyone have any information on the online assessment process ? thx

Amarob
8th Oct 2022, 14:10
I got the email 1h ago about the online test.

AMK1
8th Oct 2022, 14:12
Hello guys, I got the same thing that you guys got which is the online assessment!
Anyone got any information about it or even where to practice?

sebaii19
8th Oct 2022, 14:29
I got the email 1h ago about the online test.
does anyone know what exactly is supposed to be on these tests ?

FDLYTP
8th Oct 2022, 15:03
I did receive the same.
I was prep. myself on Pilotest website which have a section for Aer lingus "Cut-e".
But I cannot rely on that 100% .
This was the choice I made.

A32N
8th Oct 2022, 15:20
Just completed the online assessment, without any preparations in advance. It was fairly okay, nothing to worry about.

NotaPilot99
8th Oct 2022, 16:01
I got it today as well, someone at HR had a busy Saturday it seems ;)

Does anyone know if the PASS software mentioned above is reliable for this assessment? It says on the website they even updated it today, so I'm guessing it could be quite accurate. Good luck everyone!

Sergio Teruel
8th Oct 2022, 16:29
Hi all ! Anyone here already passed the online assessment ? Any feedback ?

THX

KSINGH
8th Oct 2022, 17:55
Hey all, I’ve got the invite to the online tests. Does anyone know if this stage also includes an online video interview? Or if it’s just the personality questions and aptitude tests at this stage?

Aviationpassion
8th Oct 2022, 19:44
What is the best to prepare : pilotassessment or pilotaptitudetest?

A32N
8th Oct 2022, 20:43
Hey all, I’ve got the invite to the online tests. Does anyone know if this stage also includes an online video interview? Or if it’s just the personality questions and aptitude tests at this stage?

There was only the personality and aptitude tests, no video interview

gpiper
9th Oct 2022, 07:09
Does anybody know how long it takes for Aer Lingus to get back to you with the results of the online assessments?

Papanguepl
9th Oct 2022, 08:46
Does anybody know how long it takes for Aer Lingus to get back to you with the results of the online assessments?

probably after 13 of October. Do you know if calculator was allowed please ?

gyarmatijanos99
9th Oct 2022, 09:14

From Hungary, straight from the flight school, and about 250h TT. Happy to see i'm not alone. :D
What do you guys know about these online assessments? Should i be worried about that 2nd stage?

Hi all ! Anyone here already passed the online assessment ? Any feedback ?

THX
yeah, would be cool to know. Actually i don't know if my last reply was sent or not, but hey guys, i applied too, straight from flight school from Hungary. tt: 250 hours :)

badr.chriet
9th Oct 2022, 10:09
Hey Guys
Do you know if there's an online video interview to do ? and what are the questions asked ?

gpiper
9th Oct 2022, 10:50
No video interview, no preprogrammed calculator allowed. Lots of sections, I advise anybody who’s going to take the online tests to do some practice beforehand..

richpea
9th Oct 2022, 10:56
No video interview, no preprogrammed calculator allowed. Lots of sections, I advise anybody who’s going to take the online tests to do some practice beforehand..

As long as we can use a normal non-programmable scientific calculator job should be a good un!

From the breakdowns I've seen it looks a bit similar to the AON tests for the Ryanair online assessments, but without a video interview, and with a maths and language reasoning test added.

KSINGH
9th Oct 2022, 11:15
i would only have used a normal calculator anyway (wouldn’t know how to use a preprogrammed one to begin with lol) but how can they police that ?

FlyUser
9th Oct 2022, 11:32
Hi guys/girls, is the type rating free or bonded???

PilotJCB
9th Oct 2022, 12:18
Which Cut-E aptitude tests do you remember doing?

2white2red
9th Oct 2022, 13:48
What is the best to prepare : pilotassessment or pilotaptitudetest?

I finished the online assessment, there was indeed no video interview, at least not in this stage for me.
For me it included these tests:

Complex control (flying through tunnel/hand eye coordination)
Reaction speed
Spatial orientation
Multi-tasking capability
Applied numeracy (numerical reasoning and math)
Verbal reasoning
Deductive-logical thinking
Situational behaviour (bit of a strange personality test!)

For me pilotassessments formed a good preparation.

Stay focussed, prepare yourself and keep calm!

SkyHawk6E
9th Oct 2022, 17:03
Hi guys, I got invited as well to do the online assessment I am going to practice with pilotassesment software, @a320N, where the real aptitude tests similar to these cut-e tests? And was there any atol theory questions asked?

thanks in advance and good luck to all on the upcoming assessments! Hope to see you all in Dublin

Redmo
9th Oct 2022, 17:28
One piece of advise to everyone: CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER! I read this thread earlier and nearly had a heart attack because I didn't see the email. I've done the Aer Lingus online assessment a couple of times before (for the cadet program) It's not extremely difficult but it's worth practicing somewhere as a couple of the tests are confusing if you don't know what you need to do. One piece of advise I got directly from Aer Lingus is don't overthink the personality quiz. You're much more likely to be rejected if they suspect you're lying on it

2white2red
9th Oct 2022, 17:47
Hi guys, I got invited as well to do the online assessment I am going to practice with pilotassesment software, @a320N, where the real aptitude tests similar to these cut-e tests? And was there any atol theory questions asked?

thanks in advance and good luck to all on the upcoming assessments! Hope to see you all in Dublin
For me they were similar, or at least formed a very good preparation.
No ATPL questions so far at least.

A32N
9th Oct 2022, 20:54
@a320N, where the real aptitude tests similar to these cut-e tests? And was there any atol theory questions asked?

I don’t have any experience with any of the assessment preps, so I can’t say if it is 100% identical. No ATPL questions, and no video interview.

This is the ones I can remember getting:
- Spatial orientation
- Multitasking
- Situational awareness (place the aircraft relative to an NDB using an ADF needle)
- Reaction time
- Verbal reasoning
- Applied numeracy
- Deductive logical thinking
- One more personality test

chrisb772
9th Oct 2022, 22:27
Hi ! Was it CUT-E please?

Thanks

FbG
10th Oct 2022, 08:05
Guys which online data base do you suggest to prepare for the online assessment? Pilot Assessments? Careerroo? There are so many!
Thank you all in advance!

2white2red
10th Oct 2022, 08:40
Guys which online data base do you suggest to prepare for the online assessment? Pilot Assessments? Careerroo? There are so many!
Thank you all in advance!

Hi, its best to read through the previous comments as many questions are already answered and it saves you time for your preparation.
I've also shared my experience and resource above and the tests I had to do.

Gordi11
10th Oct 2022, 09:09
pilot assessment was good for me

2white2red
10th Oct 2022, 09:42
pilot assessment was good for me

Same for me

LRC172
10th Oct 2022, 12:40
Does anybody know whether you are filmed during the online assessment? Does my camera have to be turned on?

A32N
10th Oct 2022, 13:27
Does anybody know whether you are filmed during the online assessment? Does my camera have to be turned on?
You’re not being filmed

Gioinve99
10th Oct 2022, 14:30
I finished the online assessment, there was indeed no video interview, at least not in this stage for me.
For me it included these tests:

Complex control (flying through tunnel/hand eye coordination)
Reaction speed
Spatial orientation
Multi-tasking capability
Applied numeracy (numerical reasoning and math)
Verbal reasoning
Deductive-logical thinking
Situational behaviour (bit of a strange personality test!)

For me pilotassessments formed a good preparation.

Stay focussed, prepare yourself and keep calm!

How was the spatial orientation one?

Aymax_DTTJ
10th Oct 2022, 15:30
Hand eye coordination on PilotAssessments or pilotest.
Not and easy one but with some training, the level will be enough.

Aymax_DTTJ
10th Oct 2022, 15:31
Sorry actually it's a classic RBI one, with a gyro and an ADF.

fivemilesup
10th Oct 2022, 16:13

I had a webcam connected to the PC when I completed it, but the light showing that it was recording never turned on. So I guess they did not record.

fivemilesup
10th Oct 2022, 16:14
How was the spatial orientation one?

The spatial orientation is basically just reading the direction of a flight off of an RBI and a gyro. Very simple.

fivemilesup
10th Oct 2022, 16:27
My experience so far in the Aer Lingus assessment.

- Exhaustive 240+ question personality test. No timelimit, and just basic questions. Answer this honest, as they will disqualify you if they conclude you were not honest. This was a topic that was up on the forum in 2019 when I did the assessment last time.
- Next part is online AON/Cut-E test. So if you have done the Ryanair, Wizz, Lauda or Cityjet assessment you will have seen most if not all of them before.

I practiced from pilot assessments for these tests.

The tests were:
- Complex control (flying through tunnel/hand eye coordination) /// Practice a few times on pilot assessments, and it should be ok. Use a desktop or at least a PC with a real mouse connected. Remember to adjust the speed with D and F.
- Reaction speed /// Simple test where you need to click with the mouse when you see two similar icons.
- Spatial orientation /// RBI vs. GYRO. Basically you need to place an aircraft oriented in a direction onto the position relative to a locator.
- Multi-tasking capability /// Can be a bit exhaustive. Here you have to select the correct / wrong of a direction of a timed triangle, at the same time you have to do calculations and also find of there are dublicates or non dublicate numbers. Practice this one first, and you will find it ok.
- Applied numeracy (numerical reasoning and math) /// I was suprised about this one. I practiced a lot of math beforehand, but at least for me, only 1 question gave me some difficulty. Expect to find percentage, square meters.
- Verbal reasoning /// This one was super tough for me. I spend a lot of time trying to find the answer before moving on. My best advice for you all is to skip the ones you spend much more than 10 seconds on, and then just answer as many of the 49 questions as you can. I think I only completed 12.
- Deductive-logical thinking /// Here you really need to study. This test can be very hard. My best suggestion is to use this technique: If you have 5 icons to choose from in the button, try and fill the puzzle until you have 4 icons pointing towards your question mark. When you have this, the correct answer can only be the missing icon of the 4 that is pointing to the questionmark.
- Situational behaviour /// Standard and not very thorough test where you answer simple questions.

It should be said that I do not have the restults for my assessment yet, but I ofc hope it has gone OK.

I wish you all the best of luck.

LRC172
10th Oct 2022, 21:36
Did anyone else find verbal reasoning hard as ****....I mean they put like 50 question along with 5 pages of text all in 12 minutes.

2white2red
11th Oct 2022, 05:39
Did anyone else find verbal reasoning hard as ****....I mean they put like 50 question along with 5 pages of text all in 12 minutes.

Yes it was diffcult but I’m not expecting we need to finish everything. As long as you show that you can make connections between multiple information sources and find the correct information.

AviatorBoy_95
11th Oct 2022, 07:47
how many questions have you answered in verbal reasoning?

Ahmedshalaby
11th Oct 2022, 07:57
how many questions have you answered in verbal reasoning?
was very hard, did around 16 but wasn’t 100% sure about them

Gordi11
11th Oct 2022, 08:36
anybody knows if there is going to be a second online exam with ATPL test and video interview? Is kind of strange that the online exam we did was " so easy "

OSTRIA
11th Oct 2022, 09:50
fivemilesup

Thank you "fivemilesup" for taking the time to share all the details. That is the real purpose of the aviation forum. Very generous from your side.

Most of us though completed the online assessment almost after receiving the email on the 08-09/10.

Regarding the tunnel flight I changed 2 devices since the frame/sec" was much less than 30 which were the MINIMUM required for the test. Still I completed it with less than 30 frames...since I am flying out of base.

Good luck with the assessment 5MUP !

bigggan
11th Oct 2022, 16:45
- Deductive-logical thinking
Basicly if youre good with Sudoku this should be a breeze, i couldnt do much with the 6x6 grid however i completed several of the others,

The one i though was hardest was multitasking while doing math, i think i went at it the wrong way. however the other dedicated math section wasent too terrible if you refresh area measurment and percentage calculation and things like that beforehand

audrey11
11th Oct 2022, 17:03
For the moment I performed:

- Reaction speed /// --> the easiest I would say.
- Spatial orientation /// RBI vs. GYRO. The gyro points the nose of the aircraft (if S = nose down) the RBI relative position. Just practice in pilotassessments.com
- Verbal reasoning /// I only completed 20. I find it particularly hard between false and unknown. Again practise at pilotassessments.com but the text wasn't about any of the 16 tests in the website. I found this one very hard to pass even if you can choose your mother tongue.
- Deductive-logical thinking /// --> Practise, easy for me but I can understand difficult to others. Practise too on pilotassessments.com as it's the same exercise. The only difference is in aerlingus website is in colour, not black and white.

You can complete every little test at your convenience. Just enter the website whenever it suits you. Obviously once you enter one of the small tests, you aren't able to enter again or do it again.

good luck pilots

aeronin
12th Oct 2022, 11:37
Hello my future colleagues, here is my feedback !

1st of all : Pilot Assesment is the page that sticks to the process.
2nd You can do it in your mother tongue .
3rd the exam tells you if your answer was correct or wrong (It helped me to see green)

The exam:

1st is the tunnel vision : is the blue exercise but i must add that I felt that the tunel was moving.
2nd RBI Nothing else to add
3rd Reaction speed was a piece of cake
4th Multitasking: 7 numbers in the duplicate or not and the equation some were long and some not. But relax, you have plenty of time I did a scan flow and i worked for me Duplicate, Arrow, Equation and again.
5th applied numeracy wasnt like the pilot assesment page, it was more about calculating areas and volumes, speeds, times and percentages ... really easy IMO I did all of them.
6th verbal reasoning: I did 18, it was long and from my point of view if you do more than 20 you can go to television and brag about you memory skills.
7th Sudoku, I dont remmember how many I did but in the beginin were 4 figures (4 or 5 sudokus) and then 5 figures sudokus, I dont know what to add here.

Thats all folks

Dreamingisfree
12th Oct 2022, 18:54
Just completed the assessment. Deductive thinking was tough for me , the rest went quite okey, verbal reasoning, no way going through the 49 questions 🤪, don’t worry at all , I could do 20 , hopefully correct answers😁, all the best for of us 🙏

Wertytg
12th Oct 2022, 21:32
Does anyone knows how many applications were accepted ? and when we'll know the next step for the ones that pass?
I did the online assessment and it was like all you said, for me the most difficult part was de Verbal reasoning, to many question and some were kind of difficult to guess if they were true/false or cannot say.
For the rest, the math part was really easy, you have 4 mins to solve 5 problems and I've done all of them like in 2 or 3 mins, and the solutions were really different one from the other so it was easier to pick, the only problem I have was with the example option, in my case the calculation was wrong and the "right" option wasn't the correct one... but the other possible options didn't make sense

Good luck everyone!

richpea
13th Oct 2022, 09:37
Does anyone knows how many applications were accepted ? and when we'll know the next step for the ones that pass?
I did the online assessment and it was like all you said, for me the most difficult part was de Verbal reasoning, to many question and some were kind of difficult to guess if they were true/false or cannot say.
For the rest, the math part was really easy, you have 4 mins to solve 5 problems and I've done all of them like in 2 or 3 mins, and the solutions were really different one from the other so it was easier to pick, the only problem I have was with the example option, in my case the calculation was wrong and the "right" option wasn't the correct one... but the other possible options didn't make sense

Good luck everyone!

I guess only their HR team know the answer to your first question. Seems like Are Lingus have been quite quick in responding and moving the process so far, going by how prompt they've been up to now, I'd suspect we'll know within 7 days, but that's just my hunch.

audrey11
13th Oct 2022, 11:19
In the careers website at the recruitment clarification part says, that after the pyshometric and "if accepted, you will be invited to attend our November assessments in Dublin, which will take place over a 1–2-day period."
So it won't be long to hear from them again

Oblivion67
15th Oct 2022, 08:33
Please let us know when somebody hears back about assessments/live interviews/the next steps. Also I was interested to know if they might even do another stage with the video interviews, like last time.

Thanks.

Lvbri
15th Oct 2022, 09:25
Please let us know when somebody hears back about assessments/live interviews/the next steps. Also I was interested to know if they might even do another stage with the video interviews, like last time.

Thanks.

From the Aer Lingus page:

The Recruitment ProcessComplete and submit an Aer Lingus/Nobox application form. Submit copies of your supporting documentation as outlined in the requirements.If you are to proceed to the next stage, you will be sent a link to complete an online Psychometric assessment.If accepted, you will be invited to attend our November assessments in Dublin, which will take place over a 1–2-day period.
so, I guess there is not more online steps.

Redmo
15th Oct 2022, 17:19
I also don't think there will be another online stage of assesments. I would think that they are now reviewing applications and making a shortlist for the in person assessment in November

shamrocky
16th Oct 2022, 22:23
Unconfirmed reports of record numbers of applicants and a very experienced pool. Shortlisting by EI week beginning 17 Oct.
Invitations then follow. Two weeks of assessments so I guess 300 will be invited.

AviatorBoy_95
17th Oct 2022, 09:24
Unconfirmed reports of record numbers of applicants and a very experienced pool. Shortlisting by EI week beginning 17 Oct.
Invitations then follow. Two weeks of assessments so I guess 300 will be invited.
Hi,
Can you please share with the us the number of applicants? even if it is not confirmed, it is still intresting.
Thanks

Ahmedshalaby
17th Oct 2022, 09:26
Any idea how many FO do they need ?Unconfirmed reports of record numbers of applicants and a very experienced pool. Shortlisting by EI week beginning 17 Oct.

aeronin
17th Oct 2022, 11:40
NOBOX just sent me this email.​Good day AERONIN

We hope this email finds you well.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your application for the A320 First officer position with our client Aer Lingus.

In the coming week, we will reach out to you with further steps in the application process.

We wish you every success and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kinds Regards,

The Nobox Recruitment Team​

Look at your inbox or spam folders, it arrived 5 min ago.

Goodluck y'all

Gordi11
17th Oct 2022, 13:58
That mail has randomly arrived to everybody. In my case, 3 weeks ago.

SkyHawk6E
17th Oct 2022, 14:10
i have not received an email yet from them since i made the online tests

ribenaFlaps
17th Oct 2022, 16:05
So if you do not receive an email today you did not make the cut?

richpea
17th Oct 2022, 16:27
Dose that mean If you didn’t receive an email today you didn’t pass the online assessment?

I don't think that's that case.... the email above looks a lot like the one sent out when you initially apply. We are now IN the assessment, not the application, process.

Toro103r
17th Oct 2022, 17:15
I got that email during the online assessment myself, it looks like everyone got it, or will get it. Just some people are getting it much later, it should have been sent out after initial application

Gordi11
18th Oct 2022, 10:38
Any news or info regarding the assesment?

Redmo
18th Oct 2022, 15:24
Any news or info regarding the assesment?

Previous years it worked like this, assesments are in a hotel near Dublin airport. The day starts with a company presentation and outline of the assesments. The candidates are then split into groups and given a task to complete. The previous one I attended it was to build a Lego model. After that the next stage was a group interview, groups of three candidates go into a room with a pilot and HR assessor. Each candidate gets a subject to discuss, the task is to discuss it with the group for a few minutes and to come to a conclusion that you can present to the assessors.

After these two steps above half the candidates are chopped and sent home. The remaining candidates will have individual interviews followed by sim checks
​​​​

aeronin
18th Oct 2022, 15:41
Previous years it worked like this, assesments are in a hotel near Dublin airport. The day starts with a company presentation and outline of the assesments. The candidates are then split into groups and given a task to complete. The previous one I attended it was to build a Lego model. After that the next stage was a group interview, groups of three candidates go into a room with a pilot and HR assessor. Each candidate gets a subject to discuss, the task is to discuss it with the group for a few minutes and to come to a conclusion that you can present to the assessors.

After these two steps above half the candidates are chopped and sent home. The remaining candidates will have individual interviews followed by sim checks
​​​​

what about atpl questions ?

Flyingmikez142
18th Oct 2022, 16:30

​​​​

And did EI provide ticket to DUB, if you are expat ?

SkyHawk6E
18th Oct 2022, 16:38
ATPL will almost certainly be asked during the interview, like standard. some HR stuff and atpl/tech questions

Redmo
18th Oct 2022, 19:17
Yeah there's no atpl exam or anything but you can expect to be asked to explain concepts and answer questions in the interview

Gordi11
19th Oct 2022, 08:39
I think that is a bad point for low hour cadets. ATPL quiz is the only thing that we can be " better " than experienced first officers, because we have just left flight school.. i think is going to be very difficult to get hired for a cadet :ugh:

Oblivion67
19th Oct 2022, 11:54
So still no interview invitations?

Coming into the end of October now and are they going to expect people to be able to arrange to attend with short notice? A lot of us have rosters next month!!

Thanks and good luck

Redmo
19th Oct 2022, 12:40
I think that is a bad point for low hour cadets. ATPL quiz is the only thing that we can be " better " than experienced first officers, because we have just left flight school.. i think is going to be very difficult to get hired for a cadet :ugh:

There's really no point in worrying about things like that, all you can do is present the best version of yourself on the day and hope that it gels with what they're looking for

richpea
19th Oct 2022, 22:33

Having said that, if they had no interest in taking on lower hours pilots they'd have just restricted it to full ATPL holders. The fact that they specifically thought about opening it up for very low hours people probably speaks to some kind of policy, perhaps? At any rate, why give yourself the extra work (or cost of extra HR outsourcing) if you're going to dismiss the low hours guys out of hand. Have hope!!! :D

Alexstg
20th Oct 2022, 08:49
Hello together,
just got the invitation mail from Aer Lingus.
Looking forward to see you all in Dublin!

Airfrance777
20th Oct 2022, 12:04
Good morning guys. I'd like to ask you: what means are you using to prepare the personal technical interview?. Questions bank more than theory (technical pilot interview and so)?. Or the opposite?. What would you start with? which subjects specially?.
Can we expect that they're going to ask us about technical facts of A320?

Thank you for your help. Regards.

SkyHawk6E
20th Oct 2022, 13:45
Depends if you are type rated, if you are then they will ask you questions about that type of ac. If not, I would concentrate on relevant theory like they describe in “ace the technical interview”. I would not focus too much on atpl bank

SkyHawk6E
20th Oct 2022, 13:47
For the guys having received an invitation; congrats!! Good luck in Dublin, what date have you guys gotten? May I ask what experience you have? I have not heard anything yet so still waiting, keeping hope!

Oblivion67
20th Oct 2022, 15:10
ALEXSTG Thanks for the update.

Could you tell us what the options dates where for attendance dates?

Cheers and good luck

Gordi11
20th Oct 2022, 15:15
ALEXTSG, could you please give us information about your background? Are you a cadet? Or Type Rated First officer?

richpea
20th Oct 2022, 21:23
Is Alex the only one who got an invitation?

That would seem a bit strange.... or maybe we're being trolled...? :ugh:

ribenaFlaps
20th Oct 2022, 21:24
Makes sense to get an email today! Seven days so the reality is people who did not get an email today sadly did not pass the online assessment! Oh well let’s hope for something better

Has anyone else gotten an invitation

richpea
20th Oct 2022, 21:35
Makes sense to get an email today! Seven days so the reality is people who did not get an email today sadly did not pass the online assessment! Oh well let’s hope for something better

Has anyone else gotten an invitation

There must surely be more than one of us!

AndrewLincoln
20th Oct 2022, 21:56
Yeah, account with 1 message posting this. Sure he got an invitation.

SkyHawk6E
20th Oct 2022, 22:14
I find it hard to believe that out of all the research I do online, the only one who got an invite is Alex with 1 post, not saying I don’t believe it but I’m just skeptical..

richpea
20th Oct 2022, 22:16
I find it hard to believe that out of all the research I do online, the only one who got an invite is Alex with 1 post, not saying I don’t believe it but I’m just skeptical..

Alex with one post who joined the forum yesterday.

SkyHawk6E
20th Oct 2022, 22:20
Alex with one post who joined the forum yesterday.

exactly… if they really sent out invites surely there must be someone here on this forum at least who got it as well

richpea
20th Oct 2022, 22:27
exactly… if they really sent out invites surely there must be someone here on this forum at least who got it as well

Ryanair took 12 days between me completing the online tests and getting a sim assessment date, so I'd imagine it'd be a similar timeline for Aer Lingus? Given I did the online assessment for them on 12th of Oct, I'd suspect at least into next week before hearing anything.

SkyHawk6E
20th Oct 2022, 22:38
Ryanair took 12 days between me completing the online tests and getting a sim assessment date, so I'd imagine it'd be a similar timeline for Aer Lingus? Given I did the online assessment for them on 12th of Oct, I'd suspect at least into next week before hearing anything.

exactly, and also that few people got their online assessment date postponed I heard…

SkyHawk6E
20th Oct 2022, 22:45
If anybody would like to make a groupchat on telegram, feel free to add me on telegram: @skyhawk6e it’s prob a bit easier communicating :)

aeronin
21st Oct 2022, 01:52
I don’t know but this scene came to my mind!

“Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.“

guess the film !

Airfrance777
21st Oct 2022, 09:20
If anybody would like to make a groupchat on telegram, feel free to add me on telegram: @skyhawk6e it’s prob a bit easier communicating :)

created!. It’s named: Aer Lingus Assessment 2022
anyone who likes may join us

richpea
21st Oct 2022, 10:15
I don’t know but this scene came to my mind!

“Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.“

guess the film !

The Dark Knight... class film!

directlapmo
21st Oct 2022, 11:49

any chance you might be able to throw up an invite link please? Can’t find the group by name search.

many thanks

aeronin
21st Oct 2022, 12:37

cant find it man, can you send a linkl ?

gyarmatijanos99
21st Oct 2022, 13:38
Yeah, same here. (and anyway, i'm new there, so help me out :D )

Airfrance777
21st Oct 2022, 13:44

pprune does’t let me share an url until I write 8 posts. I’ll send it to you on PM

Hos lima
21st Oct 2022, 14:57
Hi guys,
cant find it too.

pjlribeiro
21st Oct 2022, 16:12
Hi guys,
cant find it too.
Same here.. could you send me the link via PM? TY

Lvbri
21st Oct 2022, 16:28
Hi guys,
cant find it too.

I need to send another message to have 8 post, so I will try to send the link for Telegram in the next quote.

Lvbri
21st Oct 2022, 16:28
I need to send another message to have 8 post, so I will try to send the link for Telegram in the next quote.

https://t.me/+rhOTvm52vqE2OWY8
Here it is. Thank you Airfrance777

StefPilot973
21st Oct 2022, 16:51
Thank you for the link 😄

shamrocky
21st Oct 2022, 21:46
Some facts.
Huge volume of applicants being sorted. Highest ever apparently.
No invitations have been sent yet. First expected late next week.
Selection centres run late November/early December.

EthanK
26th Oct 2022, 15:53
REAL INFO. From an Aer lingus Pilot.

Don't trust the one saying he/she received an invitation to Dublin, they didn't send it yet.
The number of applicants was around 4000 for this session, they need 100 FO and the simulators will take place middle november.

EthanK
26th Oct 2022, 16:13
Test.

Penoumea
26th Oct 2022, 19:27
Hey everyone,
new here
read the whole thing and I guess we are all in the same boat for now.
has anyone heard anything since last week ?

SliabhLuachra
29th Oct 2022, 11:25
No news this week then for anybody?

Papanguepl
29th Oct 2022, 11:33
No news this week then for anybody?

yesterday I heard some people got a call. But they are non frozen ATPL.

EMBdriver13
31st Oct 2022, 11:21
Hello everyone,
do you know if the sim assessment for NTR is going to be on a 320? Or is the 737 indeed a possible option? I read the thread about the 2019 selection, but couldn't find confirmed info.
Thanks in advance to everyone who will answer this 1 million dollar question and I wish the best of luck to all of the applicants!

Toro103r
2nd Nov 2022, 15:14
I know a few low hour non type rated guys who hot called also, one works with aer lingus already though, but a mate of mine got an email after doing the online assessment asking for his full licence to be sent on, so he is assuming that's a positive sign

AviatorBoy_95
2nd Nov 2022, 15:21
I know a few low hour non type rated guys who hot called also, one works with aer lingus already though, but a mate of mine got an email after doing the online assessment asking for his full licence to be sent on, so he is assuming that's a positive sign
Are we supposed to get a failure email? or is it like any other airline (just no information, no status, no feedback)?

AndrewLincoln
2nd Nov 2022, 15:30
Aren't we all supposed to send our licenses by email after the application? Maybe it was a missing piece in his files.

Given the number of applicants, I don't have much hope to get a call. Better focus on my upcoming assessment anyway

320alex
3rd Nov 2022, 07:49
Got an email last night inviting me to an assessment. 9 days of interviews it seems starting the 15th to the 25th.

GUMPS_CHECK
3rd Nov 2022, 16:32
I got Invite today to Dublin for Assessment Day. from Nobox .
anyone knows more what to expect, it says Air Lingus says 5 hrs approx. duration.

LRC172
4th Nov 2022, 11:44
Hi, do you know if they pay for your flight and accomodation?
Or is everything covered by the applicant

Another_French_Pilot
7th Nov 2022, 00:16
Hi there,

I haven't been called on my side...
All the best for those going to Dublin ! :ok:

GUMPS_CHECK
8th Nov 2022, 19:21
Hi, do you know if they pay for your flight and accomodation?
Or is everything covered by the applicant
unfortunately, all on us Buddy...i was also hesitating cause i don't like this procedure but then i gave it an okey to see how far i get .... not expecting much -

FlyingMan93
12th Nov 2022, 13:06
Hello everybody,

A colleague of mine and I got a rejection email on yesterday afternoon. We are both non type rated.
Good luck to those who got the invitation!

Ahmedshalaby
12th Nov 2022, 20:19
Same happened to me and Teo other friends, all are non type rated, good luck everyone Hello everybody,

A colleague of mine and I got a rejection email on yesterday afternoon. We are both non type rated.

BenFlight
12th Nov 2022, 22:10
Hello everybody,

I didn’t receive anything for the moment. Some people are in the same case
Don’t know how to understand it for the moment…
It becomes difficult to be patient 😅

AndrewLincoln
12th Nov 2022, 23:00
Do they send rejection mails at the same time?
I did receive nothing, nor invitation or rejection ...

A320LGW
13th Nov 2022, 08:23
They are going for experience with this intake, unlike previous intakes.

richpea
13th Nov 2022, 16:16
I got a "sorry not this time, please try again when we next advertise" email yesterday.

The other Irish airline it is then! ;)

Wertytg
13th Nov 2022, 17:33
A friend of mine received the not this time email, we both applied at the same time, in my case I didn't receive anything, does anyone know if at this point if we didn't get the invitation email we will get the rejection too?

Oblivion67
14th Nov 2022, 08:15
To those in today, good luck.

if anyone is feeling generous and feels like throwing up some gen afterwards, there are those of us who would appreciate it.

Thanks and I wish everyone the best.

NotSoAnonymous
14th Nov 2022, 09:15
A friend of mine received the not this time email, we both applied at the same time, in my case I didn't receive anything, does anyone know if at this point if we didn't get the invitation email we will get the rejection too?

They are not sending rejection emails all at the same time. A friend of mine received on last Friday and I just got mine today. Non type rated, 207h TT

lollotheroll
16th Nov 2022, 18:49
Still haven't received nothing here 🤷🏾‍♂️

AndrewLincoln
17th Nov 2022, 09:13
Still no rejection in my inbox :confused:

Amarob
17th Nov 2022, 09:40
They are already doing the assment

AndrewLincoln
17th Nov 2022, 09:42
Yeah I know, thats why I'm surprised.
I guess my results were that bad for them to not send me an email :}

TheSouthFace
23rd Nov 2022, 17:14
Does anyone have an idea when successful candidates will be informed?

sylvain94
26th Nov 2022, 20:11
I got a negative answer on Nov 14th (fATPL 600h tot).

TheSouthFace
3rd Dec 2022, 21:08
Has anyone received a PFO since completing the sim assessment?

Citationcj2
27th Jul 2023, 10:42
Is Aerlingus still recruting? friend of mine just back from ME and considering options over here. Aerlingus seemed good before but salary is atrocious. Non Rated bringing home 3k ish a month is less then a cabin crew.

SliabhLuachra
28th Jul 2023, 20:01
Is Aerlingus still recruting? friend of mine just back from ME and considering options over here. Aerlingus seemed good before but salary is atrocious. Non Rated bringing home 3k ish a month is less then a cabin crew.

They are not, and if they do likely at the tail end of the year. Realistically you're looking more at 3.5k take home, and that's including 6k going into your pension at the beginning (annually), with the company putting in double that.

tiredofwalking
21st Oct 2023, 07:25
Hi guys,
mails are arriving for the online assessment 2023. Good luck to everyone and hopefully see you in Dublin ;-)

Citationcj2
23rd Oct 2023, 12:29
They are not, and if they do likely at the tail end of the year. Realistically you're looking more at 3.5k take home, and that's including 6k going into your pension at the beginning (annually), with the company putting in double that.

not true. I have seen the payslips.
3-3.5K max net.

pension is a good as your health if you make it till 65.
The double your contribution which is true, but the working 5-3 and 5-2 flex with 10+yr to command being a flap operator and be told what to do, I don’t think its for everyone.
Huge percentage of DEs that rejoined in the last recruitment are already leaving for better T&Cs.
Im sure you have seen their company FD etiquettes shared online.. Picking up trash and hailing the CPT, no thanks

Planner01
23rd Oct 2023, 12:52
3-3.5K max net.

The double your contribution which is true, but the working 5-3 and 5-2 flex with 10+yr to command being a flap operator and be told what to do, I don’t think its for everyone.
Huge percentage of DEs that rejoined in the last recruitment are already leaving for better T&Cs.
Im sure you have seen their company FD etiquettes shared online.. Picking up trash and hailing the CPT, no thanks
Recently spoke to a DE FO a few weeks ago and was shocked to hear they weren't too happy. Had been considering applying myself to make a move back to Ireland. Those FD etiquettes, where can they be read?

Hogos
23rd Oct 2023, 13:04
3.5K net with a legacy carrier in Ireland ?
Is that a joke ?
I take double of that in a low cost (FO).

Planner01
23rd Oct 2023, 13:12
3.5K net with a legacy carrier in Ireland ?
Is that a joke ?
I take double of that in a low cost (FO).
Maybe same company... our fresh CPLs are getting that and they don't have Dublin living costs. AL recently announced recruitment for cabin crew and the salaries are a disaster! Less than the low cost by a decent amount.

mattpilot
23rd Oct 2023, 13:46
So the information here is wrong? https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Aer_Lingus_(ROI_Contract)

Redmo
23rd Oct 2023, 14:27
10 years to command is miles off, it's more like 5-6

A320LGW
24th Oct 2023, 12:27
10 years to command is miles off, it's more like 5-6
How about the salary?

Redmo
24th Oct 2023, 13:39
What's been quoted is accurate for a year one non type rated FO. The salary increases yearly though and the performance pay (end of year bonus) can be very good if you fly a lot. Pay for captains is competitive with just about anywhere in Europe. A Type rated FO would be taking home roughly 4500 per month year one

A320LGW
24th Oct 2023, 13:58
Thanks for the info. The salary seems to be quite poor then for a legacy. Even Ryanair FOs are taking £5000+ home in the UK with more days off. I guess the pension is the real attraction here.

Consol
25th Oct 2023, 00:19
3-3.5K max net.

Only trash is the stuff you are spouting here.

Currently 7 years to left seat but things change.
Friendly flight deck environment, normally leg on leg off.
Hailing the Capt? It's Ireland not Korea.
Flap operator? Plenty of good training and other promotion ops.
Pension is to 60 although a lot less € than it was.
A small number of DEs have left.
Salary is on the low side for an expensive country but does climb quite well after five years