PDA

View Full Version : Any Atpl Courses Starting Soon ??

fut_airlplt
26th Aug 2002, 23:09
Does anyone know of any ATPL courses starting in the next few weeks (anywhere in OZ) ??

Aussiebert
27th Aug 2002, 14:38
try visiting www.aft.com.au or any of the other main ones, just grab a copy of Australian aviation and look through the ads.

I recently did some atpls at AFT and was very impressed

And no i don't get paid for saying that!

Ask around and the same few names of places / teachers come up

shaablamm
28th Aug 2002, 11:58
Flying school in CB apparently starting ATPL courses with the infamous guru, Mr L Sales.

Transition Layer
28th Aug 2002, 12:34
Here's the 2002 schedule for the UNSW Theory course with the one and only guru, Len Sales - UNSW ATPL Schedule (http://www.aviation.unsw.edu.au/images/atpl.jpg)

Len is a champion and well and truly knows his s**t...simple as that.

Cheers,
TL

Stiff Under Carriage
29th Aug 2002, 00:52
fut_airlplt,

I did them at AFT in Queensland through correspondence, pass all subjects on first attempt. Though this involved hard work.

I HONESTLY would not recommend anyone ELSE. They were fantastic.

Give them a call. 1800 000 767

:D :D :D

SU/C

THEFAARKAWE?
29th Aug 2002, 02:27
G'day Stiffy,

I'm also in the process of working through the AFT correspondance material for AGK & FPL,however,I was considering paying the upgrade fee to do the in-house course in maroochy to increase the odds a little.How did you find the correspondance notes for the two biggies? Did you have any major drama's getting through them on your own?

Cheers.

Stiff Under Carriage
29th Aug 2002, 02:47
Faarkawe,

How you going?

No I didn't have any problems with the AFT correspondence for the biggies (assuming you mean Flight Planning and AGK? The current ones you are studying), passed all with relatively high percentages, lowest ones where Performance and Flt Pln. Though as I as mentioned before I had to work extremely hard to get them though in the time I did it.

It all depends on how long you plan to study them before sitting the exam.... I allowed one month for each subject, though I did allow Flt Pln 1.5-2 months due to the complicated processes involved. The longer the delay is between studying and sitting the exam the worse off you are.

Also Flt Pln was the last subject I did, therefore I had already had the background knowledge of the 6 other subjects which helped in the process as the initial part of the notes, as they then become partly revision with a few extra bits.

But if all depends on how you feel. I myself, thought "Once you've got them you've got them, so get stuck into it now and study hard and get them over with".

See my quote below.........it works....;) :D

Hope this helps....feel free to ask me any more Q's.

Cheers

SU/C