PDA

View Full Version : Air display practice off Hove

lightonthewater
15th Jul 2022, 12:33
Does anyone know who, and in what aircraft, was doing a practice display over the sea off Hove yesterday? My wife reported that some 8 - 10 aircraft
(which she could not identify, but which were 'not jets') were doing 'acrobatics' in formation while travelling east to west, then west to east, just off Brighton and Hove. She commented that one of the aircraft seems to be rather less good at keeping station than the others.

Dragon Baron
15th Jul 2022, 14:26
Is this really what a Professional Pilots Rumour forum has now become?

lightonthewater
15th Jul 2022, 16:09
Dragon Baron: I had hoped that a professional pilot would be on here and could answer my question.

trevelyan
15th Jul 2022, 16:48
Is this really what a Professional Pilots Rumour forum has now become?

Oh dear, 7 posts in and already in tw@t mode.

VictorGolf
15th Jul 2022, 17:22
At the risk of getting some flak, could I suggest that it was the Republic of Korea's AT-50 B Golden Eagles aerobatic team. The "loose one" was a photo ship. Here for RIAT and Old Warden on Saturday evening.

lightonthewater
15th Jul 2022, 18:46
Thank you, Viktor Golf. Was sure someone would know.

DaveReidUK
15th Jul 2022, 19:33
PPRuNe triumphs again - though you had us fooled for a moment with the "not jets" bit. :O

I think the team is officially the Black Eagles, flying the Korean Aerospace T-50 Golden Eagle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAI_T-50_Golden_Eagle) (looks like a grown-up F-16).

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x427/black_eagles_c8ecbdeb9a6e2fd58ffef027d2440a60cc09569e.jpg

lightonthewater
15th Jul 2022, 21:37
Sorry to mislead everyone, but question answered. My wife is not an aviation buff: she didn't think the airplanes she saw 'were pointy enough' to be jets, (though they look pretty 'pointy' to me.) Thanks again for the help.

trevelyan
15th Jul 2022, 23:06
No apology required - you didn't mislead anyone, a lot going on with RIAT arrivals right now and a perfectly sensible question. DaveReidUk got their before me but that was definately what your wife had seen - I am in Portsmouth and they were in the area just before.

bobward
19th Jul 2022, 13:13
Black eagles at Fairford on Friday, and have to say that they were outstanding. I'm ashamed to admit that they were even better than the Reds.
If you ever get the chance to see them, take as they are very, very good!